Female Fighters

Lifes a Beach

Awards
Hey I had my second baby and she messed up my body hard. Before I found out I was pregnant I starting MMA. My brother was my trainer but now with him in spiecal forces school I need help getting back to where I was. I evenually want to get back into MMA fighting.

Thanks

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey I had my second baby and she messed up my body hard. Before I found out I was pregnant I starting MMA. My brother was my trainer but now with him in spiecal forces school I need help getting back to where I was. I evenually want to get back into MMA fighting.

Thanks
I recommend getting a personal trainer then. And see a nutritionist about your diet, since it's the most important aspect of getting the body onto the condition that you want it.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the baby. I have had three so I can tell you it can be done. Get your diet in check and hit the gym hard.

Lifes a Beach

Awards
My Diet is pretty well in check. I cut out a lot. The problem I am having is I had a
C-section with both and after the first on I thought I could bounce back but got pregnant again so they both ended up being back to back about 14 months apart. I have been working out twice a day Morning and afternoon. I am also on Lipo 6, fish oil, and Multi vitamin. So any suggestions more for my Abs then anything else?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Diet is pretty well in check. I cut out a lot. The problem I am having is I had a
C-section with both and after the first on I thought I could bounce back but got pregnant again so they both ended up being back to back about 14 months apart. I have been working out twice a day Morning and afternoon. I am also on Lipo 6, fish oil, and Multi vitamin. So any suggestions more for my Abs then anything else?
You DON'T need to "cut out a lot" with your diet, even to lose fat; that's UNhealthy to do that. Moderation and finding what works for you. A nutrition plan (i.e. a lifestyle) as opposed to a "diet" (i.e. a quick fix), which you can comfortably stay on almost forever (changing it here and there depending on your goals) is the ideal way to go.

You DON'T need to be training am AND pm; that's overkill.

As for your abs; you can train to build up the muscle there, but nothing will give you the 'toned' look if your bodyfat is not low.

If you've had C-sections then I suggest that you start building up your CORE strength. The core is NOT just your abs, but everything from your shoulders to your pelvis (i.e. the 'corset' that holds you in). Doing gentle exercises on a swissball can help with core stability and strength.

Lifes a Beach

Awards
You DON'T need to "cut out a lot" with your diet, even to lose fat; that's UNhealthy to do that. Moderation and finding what works for you. A nutrition plan (i.e. a lifestyle) as opposed to a "diet" (i.e. a quick fix), which you can comfortably stay on almost forever (changing it here and there depending on your goals) is the ideal way to go.

You DON'T need to be training am AND pm; that's overkill.

As for your abs; you can train to build up the muscle there, but nothing will give you the 'toned' look if your bodyfat is not low.

If you've had C-sections then I suggest that you start building up your CORE strength. The core is NOT just your abs, but everything from your shoulders to your pelvis (i.e. the 'corset' that holds you in). Doing gentle exercises on a swissball can help with core stability and strength.
No Vices. Chocolate Soda all the fun stuff. It helps me to push myself so if I feel like I can push myself that much further that is why I exercise in the PM as well.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As Rosie said twice a day is overkill and will actually hinder your progress. You should be in the gym for 45min a day plus cardio.

You need to get the protein up to 1.5lbs per pound of your bodyweight. Thats a little high but you need protein to build muscle and kick start that metabolism.

I suggest a weight training regime 4-5 days a week. Abs can be done on one of those days. Crunches, leg lifts, pikes, sit ups, etc.. But as mentioned you will not be able to see the hard work you put in there unless you have a lower bodyfat level, so your diet is key here.

You can always put up a sample day of diet for us to look at. My first kids were less than 13months apart and my second a year behind that. I'm told I look like I have no kids, but I work out 5 days a week, cardio is there 3 days, and I have a diet that works for me all year and then a competition diet for shows I attend.

Lifes a Beach

Awards
As Rosie said twice a day is overkill and will actually hinder your progress. You should be in the gym for 45min a day plus cardio.

You need to get the protein up to 1.5lbs per pound of your bodyweight. Thats a little high but you need protein to build muscle and kick start that metabolism.

I suggest a weight training regime 4-5 days a week. Abs can be done on one of those days. Crunches, leg lifts, pikes, sit ups, etc.. But as mentioned you will not be able to see the hard work you put in there unless you have a lower bodyfat level, so your diet is key here.

You can always put up a sample day of diet for us to look at. My first kids were less than 13months apart and my second a year behind that. I'm told I look like I have no kids, but I work out 5 days a week, cardio is there 3 days, and I have a diet that works for me all year and then a competition diet for shows I attend.

Thank you Ladies. I have one more question. I really suck at math so the protien thing I need broken down to toddler level if you don't mind.

Also you look like you don't have kids.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you Ladies. I have one more question. I really suck at math so the protien thing I need broken down to toddler level if you don't mind.

Also you look like you don't have kids.
Do you weigh 183lb? If so then you need at least 183 grams a day. Its best if you spread it out ever 2-3 hrs in meals.

Lifes a Beach

Awards
Do you weigh 183lb? If so then you need at least 183 grams a day. Its best if you spread it out ever 2-3 hrs in meals.
Ok ladies I am putting up everything I eat today so you can pretty much see where I am at. Thank you for all your help.

Lifes a Beach

Awards
I recommend getting a personal trainer then. And see a nutritionist about your diet, since it's the most important aspect of getting the body onto the condition that you want it.
First off thank you for the advice you have already given me.

Ok so I think I am eating things that are good for me but now looking at it I am not eating enough of it.

I am going to change my workout in the AM. I will post everything as soon as I actually get it down pat.

Anything other suggestion??

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off thank you for the advice you have already given me.

Ok so I think I am eating things that are good for me but now looking at it I am not eating enough of it.

I am going to change my workout in the AM. I will post everything as soon as I actually get it down pat.

Anything other suggestion??
No. That's it. I suggest that you see a nutritionist (as I will just offer the advice I have, not scrutinize or write out a full nutrition plan for you), or do some personal research of your own, and do some experimenting with both diet and training to see what works for you.

HooRah66

Awards
Put down the grab and work your but off with a good diet, it will work out.

kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
I'm just curious about what your twice a day workouts are. Are they both cardio? I will sometimes workout twice but I will do my cardio in the a.m. and weights later in the day. Some days I don't have time to do weights and cardio in the same session.
I think its ok if you split up cardio and weights. I don't suggest doing 2 cardio sessions or 2 weight sessions.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While I appreciate your enthusiasm towards meeting your goals, I have to agree that this is overkill. you need to focus on steady and consistant! My bet would be that you'll get burned out on this schedule fairly quickly as well.

if you're going to keep the activity mild (brisk walking) then I think there is a great benefit to breaking up the sessions thoughout the day...especially if you are sedentary for a large portion of the day. if you're doing some serious cardio and/or resistance training twice a day then I'd say it's overkill and will hinder your progress.

Lifes a Beach

Awards
I'm just curious about what your twice a day workouts are. Are they both cardio? I will sometimes workout twice but I will do my cardio in the a.m. and weights later in the day. Some days I don't have time to do weights and cardio in the same session.
I think its ok if you split up cardio and weights. I don't suggest doing 2 cardio sessions or 2 weight sessions.
I split my sessions up because I have two toddlers and most of the time I can only workout for any where between 15 to 20 min. at a time before someone is throwing a fit or getting into something.