Birth Control

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
I have a question? What about birth control and the fit female? About 3 years ago when my wife and I started lifting we heard the perils of evil of estrogen so she stopped her birth control immediately. Which was fine but my question is hope this isn't offensive to any but 3 years ago when she was on b/c she was lets say call her mrs puddles and now w/o she is lets say mrs sahara desert. Drive is fine just alot drier situation lol. We just ordered some sugggest supplementation by getdiesel to free up some test. But is this going to result in more desert like conditions? Any input or suggestions (like if bc would be fine what kind?) would be great! lol! Sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a question? What about birth control and the fit female? About 3 years ago when my wife and I started lifting we heard the perils of evil of estrogen so she stopped her birth control immediately. Which was fine but my question is hope this isn't offensive to any but 3 years ago when she was on b/c she was lets say call her mrs puddles and now w/o she is lets say mrs sahara desert. Drive is fine just alot drier situation lol. We just ordered some sugggest supplementation by getdiesel to free up some test. But is this going to result in more desert like conditions? Any input or suggestions (like if bc would be fine what kind?) would be great! lol! Sorry if I offended anyone.
The "fit female should have no problems re this situation regardless of whether or not she is using BC. Using a testosterone booster is not going to make her drier than she is. This is something I suggest you consult a health professional about.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
a testosterone booster isnt going to help make her wet bro

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Guejsn has a great point. I am a pharma rep with a drug that assists RA patients with glandular problems, mostly dry mouth and eye, but on occassion dry in this particular area. It could have something to do with hormones, but this could be a autoimmune disorder or some other underlying issue dealing with her endocrine/exocrine system in general. She may just want to talk to a Gyno about this.

I feel for her, it's like a guy with ED (erectile dysfunction): not fun to deal with at all, but more prevalent than you would probably think.

kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
I don't think birth control is the problem and I agree with everyone else. There must be other underlying problem. Test is not going to make a difference. She should see a doctor and find out if there is another problem.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
These are all questions a gyno can answer. I would not suggest any test boosters. That will not help your situation. She needs to get on the right BC. It may take time but eventually you should find the right one for her.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Birth control can be the problem, my wife was on a certain brand of birth control which severely dropped her sex drive. She ended up switching to a different one and it normalized again.

Id suggest maybe having her switch the birth control brand before anything else, or go to a doctor.

although im only speaking from 1 experience and I really dont have a clue. :D

EDIT: oh and my wife went to a doctor before she decided to switch birth control. soooo, ur lady should go to the doctor methinks.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
I disagree and think BC could probably be a culprit, although most women I've heard notice the difference after starting BC, not after cessation. The below study though points out the BC can increase SHBG in women, with effects that appear to be permanent, or at least don't return to pre-BC levels.

Check it...

Impact of oral contraceptives on sex hormone-binding globulin and androgen levels: a retrospective study in women with sexual dysfunction.

Panzer C, Wise S, Fantini G, Kang D, Munarriz R, Guay A, Goldstein I.

Department of Endocrinology, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA. [email protected]

INTRODUCTION: Oral contraceptives (OCs) have been the preferred method of birth control because of their high rate of effectiveness. OC use, however, has been associated with women's sexual health complaints and androgen insufficiency. OC use is associated with a decrease of androgen ovarian synthesis and an increase in the production of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). There have been limited studies assessing SHBG values after discontinuation of OC use. AIM: To retrospectively investigate SHBG levels before and after discontinuation of OC use. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: Sex hormone-binding globulin values were compared at baseline, while on the OC, and well beyond the 7-day half-life of SHBG at 49-120 (mean 80) days and >120 (mean 196) days after discontinuation of OCs. METHODS: A total of 124 premenopausal women with sexual health complaints for >6 months met inclusion/exclusion criteria. Three groups of women were defined: (i) "Continued-Users" (N = 62; mean age 32 years) had been on OCs for >6 months and continued taking them; (ii) "Discontinued-Users" (N = 39; mean age 33 years) had been on OCs for >6 months and discontinued them; and (iii) "Never-Users" (N = 23; mean age 36 years) had never taken OCs. RESULTS: Sex hormone-binding globulin values in the "Continued-Users" were four times higher than those in the "Never-User" group (mean 157 +/- 13 nmol/L vs. 41 +/- 4 nmol/L; P < 0.0001). Despite a decrease in SHBG values after discontinuation of OC use, SHBG levels in "Discontinued-Users" remained elevated in comparison with "Never-Users" (N = 26; P < 0.0001 for >120 days). CONCLUSION: In women with sexual dysfunction, SHBG changes in "Discontinued-Users" did not decrease to values consistent with "Never-Users." Long-term sexual, metabolic, and mental health consequences might result as a consequence of chronic SHBG elevation. Does prolonged exposure to the synthetic estrogens of OCs induce gene imprinting and increased gene expression of SHBG in the liver in some women? Prospective research is needed.

PMID: 16409223 [PubMed - in process]

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
maybe u need to try a little foreplay dude. lol can't stick in the turkey without preheating the oven lol.

Evan- And I also brought a small bottle of spermicidal lube.
Seth- Lube? you brought LUBE!!?? These are 18 year old girls not dried up old ladies; they're good to go.

sorry i had to do it. but ur situation sucks. talk to the doctor they will probably be the most help.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe u need to try a little foreplay dude. lol can't stick in the turkey without preheating the oven lol.

Evan- And I also brought a small bottle of spermicidal lube.
Seth- Lube? you brought LUBE!!?? These are 18 year old girls not dried up old ladies; they're good to go.

sorry i had to do it. but ur situation sucks. talk to the doctor they will probably be the most help.
:D

also what are you using as birth control now though? if she's no longer using the pills what are you using?

SWOLL

Awards
yeah BC i think is equivilant to girls taking steroids. Its very hormonal and has numerous side effects, however; there is no PCT for birth control!!
My gf recently got rid of her BC i think it was called sprintec or something? was making her less horny, but didnt notice any wetness issues, actually the opposite. Test booster i dont see making any difference though man. She should see a gyno for sure but for now you gotta get some lub to work with the problem i guess. Search online, not this site, and try and see what you hear about boosting the female libido etc. im sure youll come across something!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah BC i think is equivilant to girls taking steroids. Its very hormonal and has numerous side effects, however; there is no PCT for birth control!!
My gf recently got rid of her BC i think it was called sprintec or something? was making her less horny, but didnt notice any wetness issues, actually the opposite. Test booster i dont see making any difference though man. She should see a gyno for sure but for now you gotta get some lub to work with the problem i guess. Search online, not this site, and try and see what you hear about boosting the female libido etc. im sure youll come across something!
BC is NOT the equivalent of females using steroids; COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!

And boosting a female libido starts in the MIND!

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BC is NOT the equivalent of females using steroids; COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!

And boosting a female libido starts in the MIND!

Yea im sure thats what you believe, but ill go with my experience and what the doctor said.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Like Guejsn said...the key may be to take her out to dinner more often. She may just be too nice to tell you that or not know how to express that she wants more intimacy. And no, intimacy doesn't mean more foreplay, it means a date :)

Drive and genital arousal are actually way less connected in women than in men, so the other possibility is of course a glandular thing. On the other hand hormonal issues would seem to me to affect drive more than genital arousal, but obviously could affect either...the point is that dialogue between a guy and a girl translated onto Anabolicminds isn't the clearest way for anyone to diagnose this; she may have some issues with arousal too and like I said be too nice to admit it or somewhat out of touch with her body.

Boosting test, which I don't think you want to really try with OTC stuff on a woman, would only affect drive and not genital arousal as far as I know.

It could be a birth control issue. Definitely encourage her to go talk to someone. Has she had a pelvic exam recently? Please tell me she gets one regularly - there are some really serious things that can happen!

Good luck, and I don't mean this against you or your wife. Just based on my reading and experience, I listed some possibilities. Hope I helped.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Nope, not even close. BC is actually shown to have health benefits if the woman is a non-smoker, and just the sheer effectiveness of BC in preventing pregnancy (pregnancy is a dangerous condition, seriously) outweighs any potential serious health risks it may pose. In other words, a woman OFF bc is more likely to get pregnant and have pregnancy complications than a woman ON bc is to have BC-related complications.

No offense intended at all, but you should really think twice before saying that kind of thing.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Surprised no one has mentioned diet at all :think:

DT5

Awards
  • Established
actually, birth control is a steriod. instead of producing test, its producing estrogen. how is that any different? its altering your hormones. dont let the pharma companies brain wash you.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Just because it's a "steroid" doesn't make it anything like AAS that are discussed here. Show me the evidence that using BC in women to alter hormones is harmful if the woman doesn't smoke.

Also, I'm not "brainwashed" by the so-called greedy pharma companies. Actually I'm grateful because their selfish actions (trying to provide the best product so they can make millions of dollars) help me! Funny how capitalism works.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
How old is she? Does she have other symptoms like dry mouth and eyes? If so, she may have Sjogrens syndrome that was masked by using BC or it may be brought on by the cessation of BC.

Has she had blood tests to determine her hormone levels?

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Sjogren's is a syndrome caused by Rheumatoid Arthritis. If she doesn't have RA, then I wouldn't worry about SS.

Once again, if this problem has been an issue for you two, just talk to a physician.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's weird that OP has had a few posts since starting this thread but never returned or replied to this thread :think:

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Sjogren's is a syndrome caused by Rheumatoid Arthritis. If she doesn't have RA, then I wouldn't worry about SS.

Once again, if this problem has been an issue for you two, just talk to a physician.
Sjogrens is not caused by rheumatoid arthritis. It is a separate autoimmune disorder that can cluster with RA but not always.

SWOLL

Awards
yes, there are many benefits of BC, but it is indeed a steroid. It messes with the female hormones, changes lengths of periods, amount of bleeding, mood, etc. etc....

Its my personal opinion, and believe me i can see exactly were people who dont believe its a steroid are coming from and i respect that but i think otherwise!

Maybe im biased because my girl was on the pill and she was raging like she was mega dosing dbol! hah really moody!!!!

DT5

Awards
  • Established
yes, there are many benefits of BC, but it is indeed a steroid. It messes with the female hormones, changes lengths of periods, amount of bleeding, mood, etc. etc....

Its my personal opinion, and believe me i can see exactly were people who dont believe its a steroid are coming from and i respect that but i think otherwise!

Maybe im biased because my girl was on the pill and she was raging like she was mega dosing dbol! hah really moody!!!!
exactly...

-test is given to induce puberty in pre purberty males.
-BC (estrogen) is given to induce puberty in pre puberty females.

both manipulate a sex hormone, so both are steroids.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
Steroids include estrogen, cortisol, progesterone, and testosterone. Estrogen and progesterone are made primarily in the ovary and in the placenta during pregnancy, and testosterone in the testes. Testosterone is also converted into estrogen to regulate the supply of each, in the bodies of both females and males. Certain neurons and glia in the central nervous system (CNS) express the enzymes that are required for the local synthesis of pregnane neurosteroids, either de novo or from peripherally-derived sources. The rate-limiting step of steroid synthesis is the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone, which occurs inside the mitochondrion.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
exactly...

-test is given to induce puberty in pre purberty males.
-BC (estrogen) is given to induce puberty in pre puberty females.

both manipulate a sex hormone, so both are steroids.
ur getting anabolic/androgenic steroids and BC mixd up yes BC are steroids
but not anabolic/androgenic in eny sense

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
ur getting anabolic/androgenic steroids and BC mixd up yes BC are steroids
but not anabolic/androgenic in eny sense
We're discussing the negative effects of steroids in the human body. This includes ALL steroids, estrogen, testosterone, whatever... Nobody ever said this was about androgens...

BMCLouzee

TELL HER TO GET ON PARAGARD. It's an IUD, no hormones, and takes minutes to insert by a health care professional and last 12 years. I was on the shot and pills and I had ZERO desire for sex. I got it last month and although my periods are heavy again, I think I can get back to my normal self pre-hormones. I'm still ****ed up as my boyfriend can attest, but I think I should be normal in no time.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
my wife doesnt, my girlfriend does

katygirl429

katygirl429

Awards
Has anyone tried the b/c Alyacen (generic for Necon)? When I went to my doctor I requested the pill that was least likely to make me retain water, gain weight or enlarge my cup size. Although I haven't had those side effects, I don't feel that I'm leaning out like I could or want to. I weight train 3x a week, swim laps and have upped my HIIT's to 5x a week. Also trying different ways to get my diet even more in check.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience on this b/c and if it could be keeping me from leaning out.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anyone tried the b/c Alyacen (generic for Necon)? When I went to my doctor I requested the pill that was least likely to make me retain water, gain weight or enlarge my cup size. Although I haven't had those side effects, I don't feel that I'm leaning out like I could or want to. I weight train 3x a week, swim laps and have upped my HIIT's to 5x a week. Also trying different ways to get my diet even more in check.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience on this b/c and if it could be keeping me from leaning out.
Birth control is not going to prevent you from leaning out. Retaining water and gaining weight happen to those who don't have their nutrition and/or training in check when using the pill. Trust me, I was using it last year and made NO difference whatsoever to my ability to get or stay lean (and in fact, was my leanest when was in the latter months of using it!) That said, everyone is different, so may have slightly different experiences with, but it shouldn't affect your ability to lean out!

~Rosie~

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
I'm also a big advocate of non-hormonal BC. Paraguard is brilliant (copper IUD) and the best solution. Weight gain is just one of the horrid side effects of administering exogenous estrogen. Hint: There's a reason that female BB take things like Tamoxifen and Arimidex to dial in for a show.