tone my butt?

rnmills123

rnmills123

Awards
what is the fastest way to tone my butt?? and how do you get rid of cellulite?? no one wants that... :)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Lose overall body fat. Cellulite is just a fancy word for fat that's hanging out in the wrong place at the wrong time.

With that said. Do squats, and lunges, and single leg/split squats!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
squats
barbell step ups
deadlift
as for the fat loss.... well its all in your diet and cellulite is genetic. Post up your diet and we can give you some more insight.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
what he^ said...('cept that "Cellulite" is as much a cheat as women's clothing sizes...)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Reverse curls are more isolating than squats. Plus you get that unique burn that hurts so good!

rnmills123

rnmills123

Awards
i dont really have a diet. i just had a baby, and this is the weight from that. i have an extremely fast metabolism, well i did before the baby it has slowed down a bit since. i cant do any strenuous working out just yet, havent got the permission from the doc. but i need to know a great diet to get on to help me tone what i got. im at a good weight of 5'7 125 i just want to tone the fat i got left in those unwanted areas.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
You cannot "spot" reduce. It is from an overall clean diet and exercise plan. Spot reducing is a big myth. It will come in time from your diet and exercise if you stay with it.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
i dont really have a diet. i just had a baby, and this is the weight from that. i have an extremely fast metabolism, well i did before the baby it has slowed down a bit since. i cant do any strenuous working out just yet, havent got the permission from the doc. but i need to know a great diet to get on to help me tone what i got. im at a good weight of 5'7 125 i just want to tone the fat i got left in those unwanted areas.
Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain

get the book, can find it for under $10 used on Amazon or BarnesandNoble

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
or you can just look through the site and find a bunch for free. or a bunch of ideas...

My theory is if you can't kill it or grow it or harvest it then you probably shouldn't be eating it.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain

get the book, can find it for under $10 used on Amazon or BarnesandNoble
I read it, amazing concept that made a lot of sense. If I ever had another kid, I would put my woman on that protocol for sure.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
to help tone you butt i believe their call butt thrusters you lay on the ground in the position you would to do crunches but instead of a crunch lay your back flat on the ground and thrust your hips upward so from your knee caps to your head your entirely slanted other sites have em and you tube for the exact pic to see what it looks like cant spot reduce fat overall need to eat clean and lots of cardio sadly so good luck on your quest and congrats on the baby

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
to help tone you butt i believe their call butt thrusters you lay on the ground in the position you would to do crunches but instead of a crunch lay your back flat on the ground and thrust your hips upward so from your knee caps to your head your entirely slanted other sites have em and you tube for the exact pic to see what it looks like cant spot reduce fat overall need to eat clean and lots of cardio sadly so good luck on your quest and congrats on the baby
false. Cardio isn't necessary for fat loss. It is helpful but controlling your diet is the crucial point. Lifting weights burns more calories than cardio anyway.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
true it is not meant only for fat loss also for endurance, leg toning and hell some people just love to run, just saying that it also is used for fat loss, whenever i have cut down on weight i incorporate lots of cardio and HIIT and thats my way to cut down, and yes diet is key!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
false. Cardio isn't necessary for fat loss. It is helpful but controlling your diet is the crucial point. Lifting weights burns more calories than cardio anyway.
An hour on the track at medium intensity, vs. an hour in the gym at medium intensity..

when you take into consideration rest periods and things of that nature, cardio is going to burn more calories nearly every time.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
An hour on the track at medium intensity, vs. an hour in the gym at medium intensity..

when you take into consideration rest periods and things of that nature, cardio is going to burn more calories nearly every time.
the point is still valid when you look at it at a case by case basis but on the picture yeah you are right. I was just pointing this out because MMA didn't say anything about lifting just cardio.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Vertical leg thrusts (I believe they're called) are great, but work the abs/core much more than the butt.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is the fastest way to tone my butt?? and how do you get rid of cellulite?? no one wants that... :)
Yo get rid of cellulite the same way you do any other fat (because that's all it is: FAT); by decreasing your bodyfat levels! And you do that through diet and exercise.

I would highly suggest that you look at your diet, and clean that up, and get into a regular regime.

As for 'toning' your butt, the best thing for building up a high, tight butt (I'm assuming that's what you're asking) is to run stairs. You can do other exercises as well to aid in building the muscle that will make it "look nice" (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc.)

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Yo get rid of cellulite the same way you do any other fat (because that's all it is: FAT); by decreasing your bodyfat levels! And you do that through diet and exercise.

I would highly suggest that you look at your diet, and clean that up, and get into a regular regime.

As for 'toning' your butt, the best thing for building up a high, tight butt (I'm assuming that's what you're asking) is to run stairs. You can do other exercises as well to aid in building the muscle that will make it "look nice" (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc.)
I agree with ^ ..... I have a five story building I work in and run the stairs all the time... Running stairs = losing fat = tight butt.... The ceilings in the building I work in are 18f high (each floor), so the stairs I'm running are way more steps than your ordinary..... Good luck.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You cannot "spot" reduce. It is from an overall clean diet and exercise plan. Spot reducing is a big myth. It will come in time from your diet and exercise if you stay with it.
agreed, it is an overall body issue rather than specific location issue

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
agreed, it is an overall body issue rather than specific location issue
I could be wrong... But I do think you can spot reduce if your body fat is under 9-10% using Lipoderm U or Napalm.... I know I've used both and had great results and I was around 12% when using..... But in no way will it work if your BF% is high.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could be wrong... But I do think you can spot reduce if your body fat is under 9-10% using Lipoderm U or Napalm.... I know I've used both and had great results and I was around 12% when using..... But in no way will it work if your BF% is high.
You can only "spot reduce" like that by getting rid of water, so that it APPEARS leaner. But technically, you lose bodyfat (BF) from all OVER...Such products would definitely be a waste of time if you aren't ALREADY relatively lean.

Actually, cardio will burn calories used at the TIME. Weights will burn the calories used at the time AS WELL as AFTERWARDS. Weights also increases metabolism by aiding in increasing muscle mass, which burns MORE calories. So technically, lifting weights DOES burn more calories than cardio, which in turn will burn more BF. I have said it before: You DON'T need to do ANY cardio if you want to lose BF so long as your diet is right and you're doing resistance training; it's a personal preference thing (and let's you get away with eating more whilst losing the BF).

kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
Since you just had a baby and not the ok yet from your Dr. The best thing to do is getting your nutrition under control. Another consideration is if your nursing you still want to make sure to get enough calories and nutrients in your diet. Once you get the ok from your Dr. Start slowly with some light resistance training and cardio. Be careful not to over due in the beginning. You will will gradually be able to train a little harder.
I also agree running stairs is great for the butt.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Since you just had a baby and not the ok yet from your Dr. The best thing to do is getting your nutrition under control. Another consideration is if your nursing you still want to make sure to get enough calories and nutrients in your diet. Once you get the ok from your Dr. Start slowly with some light resistance training and cardio. Be careful not to over due in the beginning. You will will gradually be able to train a little harder.

I don't think she gives a f**k about how to tone her butt anymore :lol:

Just another New year resoultionary who wants to change but when they find out what they need to do, well, it can wait, till next year :lol:

She already started another thread in the diet section and I gave her a basic program to follow, no follow up.

If you look at her profile, you can find the thread she started.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Best post.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you are breastfeeding then you wil burn more calories anyway. If you start to heavy of an exercise regime this early you could start bleeding again.

Maybe start by either putting baby in a stroller or sling and doing some moderate walking.

Without knowing if you are breastfeeding it is impossible to give diet advice and how far out postpartum you are. Stitches and leg work would be a bad thing.