tone my butt?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

tone my butt?

what is the fastest way to tone my butt?? and how do you get rid of cellulite?? no one wants that...

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Lose overall body fat. Cellulite is just a fancy word for fat that's hanging out in the wrong place at the wrong time.

With that said. Do squats, and lunges, and single leg/split squats!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

squats
    barbell step ups
    deadlift
    as for the fat loss.... well its all in your diet and cellulite is genetic. Post up your diet and we can give you some more insight.
    SFW and GFH
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%

what he^ said...('cept that "Cellulite" is as much a cheat as women's clothing sizes...)
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Reverse curls are more isolating than squats. Plus you get that unique burn that hurts so good!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

i dont really have a diet. i just had a baby, and this is the weight from that. i have an extremely fast metabolism, well i did before the baby it has slowed down a bit since. i cant do any strenuous working out just yet, havent got the permission from the doc. but i need to know a great diet to get on to help me tone what i got. im at a good weight of 5'7 125 i just want to tone the fat i got left in those unwanted areas.
  7. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.43%

You cannot "spot" reduce. It is from an overall clean diet and exercise plan. Spot reducing is a big myth. It will come in time from your diet and exercise if you stay with it.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.29%

Quote Originally Posted by rnmills123 View Post
    i dont really have a diet. i just had a baby, and this is the weight from that. i have an extremely fast metabolism, well i did before the baby it has slowed down a bit since. i cant do any strenuous working out just yet, havent got the permission from the doc. but i need to know a great diet to get on to help me tone what i got. im at a good weight of 5'7 125 i just want to tone the fat i got left in those unwanted areas.
    Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain

get the book, can find it for under $10 used on Amazon or BarnesandNoble
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

or you can just look through the site and find a bunch for free. or a bunch of ideas...

My theory is if you can't kill it or grow it or harvest it then you probably shouldn't be eating it.
    SFW and GFH
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain

get the book, can find it for under $10 used on Amazon or BarnesandNoble
    I read it, amazing concept that made a lot of sense. If I ever had another kid, I would put my woman on that protocol for sure.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.35%

to help tone you butt i believe their call butt thrusters you lay on the ground in the position you would to do crunches but instead of a crunch lay your back flat on the ground and thrust your hips upward so from your knee caps to your head your entirely slanted other sites have em and you tube for the exact pic to see what it looks like cant spot reduce fat overall need to eat clean and lots of cardio sadly so good luck on your quest and congrats on the baby
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    to help tone you butt i believe their call butt thrusters you lay on the ground in the position you would to do crunches but instead of a crunch lay your back flat on the ground and thrust your hips upward so from your knee caps to your head your entirely slanted other sites have em and you tube for the exact pic to see what it looks like cant spot reduce fat overall need to eat clean and lots of cardio sadly so good luck on your quest and congrats on the baby
    false. Cardio isn't necessary for fat loss. It is helpful but controlling your diet is the crucial point. Lifting weights burns more calories than cardio anyway.
    SFW and GFH
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.35%

true it is not meant only for fat loss also for endurance, leg toning and hell some people just love to run, just saying that it also is used for fat loss, whenever i have cut down on weight i incorporate lots of cardio and HIIT and thats my way to cut down, and yes diet is key!
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    false. Cardio isn't necessary for fat loss. It is helpful but controlling your diet is the crucial point. Lifting weights burns more calories than cardio anyway.
    An hour on the track at medium intensity, vs. an hour in the gym at medium intensity..

when you take into consideration rest periods and things of that nature, cardio is going to burn more calories nearly every time.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

An hour on the track at medium intensity, vs. an hour in the gym at medium intensity..

when you take into consideration rest periods and things of that nature, cardio is going to burn more calories nearly every time.
    the point is still valid when you look at it at a case by case basis but on the picture yeah you are right. I was just pointing this out because MMA didn't say anything about lifting just cardio.
    SFW and GFH
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    Vertical leg thrusts (I believe they're called) are great, but work the abs/core much more than the butt.
  17. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by rnmills123 View Post
    what is the fastest way to tone my butt?? and how do you get rid of cellulite?? no one wants that...
    Yo get rid of cellulite the same way you do any other fat (because that's all it is: FAT); by decreasing your bodyfat levels! And you do that through diet and exercise.

I would highly suggest that you look at your diet, and clean that up, and get into a regular regime.

As for 'toning' your butt, the best thing for building up a high, tight butt (I'm assuming that's what you're asking) is to run stairs. You can do other exercises as well to aid in building the muscle that will make it "look nice" (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc.)
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Yo get rid of cellulite the same way you do any other fat (because that's all it is: FAT); by decreasing your bodyfat levels! And you do that through diet and exercise.

I would highly suggest that you look at your diet, and clean that up, and get into a regular regime.

As for 'toning' your butt, the best thing for building up a high, tight butt (I'm assuming that's what you're asking) is to run stairs. You can do other exercises as well to aid in building the muscle that will make it "look nice" (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc.)
    I agree with ^ ..... I have a five story building I work in and run the stairs all the time... Running stairs = losing fat = tight butt.... The ceilings in the building I work in are 18f high (each floor), so the stairs I'm running are way more steps than your ordinary..... Good luck.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    You cannot "spot" reduce. It is from an overall clean diet and exercise plan. Spot reducing is a big myth. It will come in time from your diet and exercise if you stay with it.
    agreed, it is an overall body issue rather than specific location issue
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    agreed, it is an overall body issue rather than specific location issue
    I could be wrong... But I do think you can spot reduce if your body fat is under 9-10% using Lipoderm U or Napalm.... I know I've used both and had great results and I was around 12% when using..... But in no way will it work if your BF% is high.
  21. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mills View Post
    I could be wrong... But I do think you can spot reduce if your body fat is under 9-10% using Lipoderm U or Napalm.... I know I've used both and had great results and I was around 12% when using..... But in no way will it work if your BF% is high.
    You can only "spot reduce" like that by getting rid of water, so that it APPEARS leaner. But technically, you lose bodyfat (BF) from all OVER...Such products would definitely be a waste of time if you aren't ALREADY relatively lean.

Actually, cardio will burn calories used at the TIME. Weights will burn the calories used at the time AS WELL as AFTERWARDS. Weights also increases metabolism by aiding in increasing muscle mass, which burns MORE calories. So technically, lifting weights DOES burn more calories than cardio, which in turn will burn more BF. I have said it before: You DON'T need to do ANY cardio if you want to lose BF so long as your diet is right and you're doing resistance training; it's a personal preference thing (and let's you get away with eating more whilst losing the BF).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.89%

Since you just had a baby and not the ok yet from your Dr. The best thing to do is getting your nutrition under control. Another consideration is if your nursing you still want to make sure to get enough calories and nutrients in your diet. Once you get the ok from your Dr. Start slowly with some light resistance training and cardio. Be careful not to over due in the beginning. You will will gradually be able to train a little harder.
    I also agree running stairs is great for the butt.
  23. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kkschaef View Post
    Since you just had a baby and not the ok yet from your Dr. The best thing to do is getting your nutrition under control. Another consideration is if your nursing you still want to make sure to get enough calories and nutrients in your diet. Once you get the ok from your Dr. Start slowly with some light resistance training and cardio. Be careful not to over due in the beginning. You will will gradually be able to train a little harder.

I don't think she gives a f**k about how to tone her butt anymore

Just another New year resoultionary who wants to change but when they find out what they need to do, well, it can wait, till next year

She already started another thread in the diet section and I gave her a basic program to follow, no follow up.

If you look at her profile, you can find the thread she started.
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

Quote Originally Posted by kkschaef View Post
    Best post.
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%

If you are breastfeeding then you wil burn more calories anyway. If you start to heavy of an exercise regime this early you could start bleeding again.

Maybe start by either putting baby in a stroller or sling and doing some moderate walking.

Without knowing if you are breastfeeding it is impossible to give diet advice and how far out postpartum you are. Stitches and leg work would be a bad thing.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to tone my stomach?
    By RAZORBACK09 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
  2. Best cycle for a woman to cut and tone?
    By kashmoney72 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
  3. hear about this ring tone???
    By motive in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 09:12 AM
  4. Shape and Tone Your Butt with the Jumping Squat
    By FemBot in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:51 PM
  5. Wife needs to tone her legs