tone my butt?

  1. New Member
    rnmills123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    79
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33%

    tone my butt?


    what is the fastest way to tone my butt?? and how do you get rid of cellulite?? no one wants that...

  2. Professional Member
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,278
    Rep Power
    5604
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Lose overall body fat. Cellulite is just a fancy word for fat that's hanging out in the wrong place at the wrong time.

    With that said. Do squats, and lunges, and single leg/split squats!
  3. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17441
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    squats
    barbell step ups
    deadlift
    as for the fat loss.... well its all in your diet and cellulite is genetic. Post up your diet and we can give you some more insight.
    SFW and GFH
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    what he^ said...('cept that "Cellulite" is as much a cheat as women's clothing sizes...)
  5. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Reverse curls are more isolating than squats. Plus you get that unique burn that hurts so good!
  6. New Member
    rnmills123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    79
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33%

    i dont really have a diet. i just had a baby, and this is the weight from that. i have an extremely fast metabolism, well i did before the baby it has slowed down a bit since. i cant do any strenuous working out just yet, havent got the permission from the doc. but i need to know a great diet to get on to help me tone what i got. im at a good weight of 5'7 125 i just want to tone the fat i got left in those unwanted areas.
  7. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    dg806's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    1322
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    42.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You cannot "spot" reduce. It is from an overall clean diet and exercise plan. Spot reducing is a big myth. It will come in time from your diet and exercise if you stay with it.
  8. Professional Member
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,278
    Rep Power
    5604
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rnmills123 View Post
    i dont really have a diet. i just had a baby, and this is the weight from that. i have an extremely fast metabolism, well i did before the baby it has slowed down a bit since. i cant do any strenuous working out just yet, havent got the permission from the doc. but i need to know a great diet to get on to help me tone what i got. im at a good weight of 5'7 125 i just want to tone the fat i got left in those unwanted areas.
    Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain

    get the book, can find it for under $10 used on Amazon or BarnesandNoble
  9. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17441
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    or you can just look through the site and find a bunch for free. or a bunch of ideas...

    My theory is if you can't kill it or grow it or harvest it then you probably shouldn't be eating it.
    SFW and GFH
  10. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain

    get the book, can find it for under $10 used on Amazon or BarnesandNoble
    I read it, amazing concept that made a lot of sense. If I ever had another kid, I would put my woman on that protocol for sure.
  11. Advanced Member
    MMAMONSTER19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    352
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    75.35%

    to help tone you butt i believe their call butt thrusters you lay on the ground in the position you would to do crunches but instead of a crunch lay your back flat on the ground and thrust your hips upward so from your knee caps to your head your entirely slanted other sites have em and you tube for the exact pic to see what it looks like cant spot reduce fat overall need to eat clean and lots of cardio sadly so good luck on your quest and congrats on the baby
  12. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17441
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    to help tone you butt i believe their call butt thrusters you lay on the ground in the position you would to do crunches but instead of a crunch lay your back flat on the ground and thrust your hips upward so from your knee caps to your head your entirely slanted other sites have em and you tube for the exact pic to see what it looks like cant spot reduce fat overall need to eat clean and lots of cardio sadly so good luck on your quest and congrats on the baby
    false. Cardio isn't necessary for fat loss. It is helpful but controlling your diet is the crucial point. Lifting weights burns more calories than cardio anyway.
    SFW and GFH
  13. Advanced Member
    MMAMONSTER19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    352
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    75.35%

    true it is not meant only for fat loss also for endurance, leg toning and hell some people just love to run, just saying that it also is used for fat loss, whenever i have cut down on weight i incorporate lots of cardio and HIIT and thats my way to cut down, and yes diet is key!
  14. Professional Member
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,278
    Rep Power
    5604
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    false. Cardio isn't necessary for fat loss. It is helpful but controlling your diet is the crucial point. Lifting weights burns more calories than cardio anyway.
    An hour on the track at medium intensity, vs. an hour in the gym at medium intensity..

    when you take into consideration rest periods and things of that nature, cardio is going to burn more calories nearly every time.
  15. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17441
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    An hour on the track at medium intensity, vs. an hour in the gym at medium intensity..

    when you take into consideration rest periods and things of that nature, cardio is going to burn more calories nearly every time.
    the point is still valid when you look at it at a case by case basis but on the picture yeah you are right. I was just pointing this out because MMA didn't say anything about lifting just cardio.
    SFW and GFH
  16. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    to help tone you butt i believe their call butt thrusters you lay on the ground in the position you would to do crunches but instead of a crunch lay your back flat on the ground and thrust your hips upward so from your knee caps to your head your entirely slanted other sites have em and you tube for the exact pic to see what it looks like cant spot reduce fat overall need to eat clean and lots of cardio sadly so good luck on your quest and congrats on the baby
    Vertical leg thrusts (I believe they're called) are great, but work the abs/core much more than the butt.
  17. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,186
    Rep Power
    493835
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rnmills123 View Post
    what is the fastest way to tone my butt?? and how do you get rid of cellulite?? no one wants that...
    Yo get rid of cellulite the same way you do any other fat (because that's all it is: FAT); by decreasing your bodyfat levels! And you do that through diet and exercise.

    I would highly suggest that you look at your diet, and clean that up, and get into a regular regime.

    As for 'toning' your butt, the best thing for building up a high, tight butt (I'm assuming that's what you're asking) is to run stairs. You can do other exercises as well to aid in building the muscle that will make it "look nice" (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc.)
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  18. Advanced Member
    Jim Mills's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    784
    Rep Power
    510
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%

    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Yo get rid of cellulite the same way you do any other fat (because that's all it is: FAT); by decreasing your bodyfat levels! And you do that through diet and exercise.

    I would highly suggest that you look at your diet, and clean that up, and get into a regular regime.

    As for 'toning' your butt, the best thing for building up a high, tight butt (I'm assuming that's what you're asking) is to run stairs. You can do other exercises as well to aid in building the muscle that will make it "look nice" (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc.)
    I agree with ^ ..... I have a five story building I work in and run the stairs all the time... Running stairs = losing fat = tight butt.... The ceilings in the building I work in are 18f high (each floor), so the stairs I'm running are way more steps than your ordinary..... Good luck.
  19. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,502
    Rep Power
    1097382
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    You cannot "spot" reduce. It is from an overall clean diet and exercise plan. Spot reducing is a big myth. It will come in time from your diet and exercise if you stay with it.
    agreed, it is an overall body issue rather than specific location issue
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  20. Advanced Member
    Jim Mills's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    784
    Rep Power
    510
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    agreed, it is an overall body issue rather than specific location issue
    I could be wrong... But I do think you can spot reduce if your body fat is under 9-10% using Lipoderm U or Napalm.... I know I've used both and had great results and I was around 12% when using..... But in no way will it work if your BF% is high.
  21. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,186
    Rep Power
    493835
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mills View Post
    I could be wrong... But I do think you can spot reduce if your body fat is under 9-10% using Lipoderm U or Napalm.... I know I've used both and had great results and I was around 12% when using..... But in no way will it work if your BF% is high.
    You can only "spot reduce" like that by getting rid of water, so that it APPEARS leaner. But technically, you lose bodyfat (BF) from all OVER...Such products would definitely be a waste of time if you aren't ALREADY relatively lean.


    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    An hour on the track at medium intensity, vs. an hour in the gym at medium intensity..

    when you take into consideration rest periods and things of that nature, cardio is going to burn more calories nearly every time.
    Actually, cardio will burn calories used at the TIME. Weights will burn the calories used at the time AS WELL as AFTERWARDS. Weights also increases metabolism by aiding in increasing muscle mass, which burns MORE calories. So technically, lifting weights DOES burn more calories than cardio, which in turn will burn more BF. I have said it before: You DON'T need to do ANY cardio if you want to lose BF so long as your diet is right and you're doing resistance training; it's a personal preference thing (and let's you get away with eating more whilst losing the BF).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  22. New Member
    kkschaef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    46
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    58.89%

    Since you just had a baby and not the ok yet from your Dr. The best thing to do is getting your nutrition under control. Another consideration is if your nursing you still want to make sure to get enough calories and nutrients in your diet. Once you get the ok from your Dr. Start slowly with some light resistance training and cardio. Be careful not to over due in the beginning. You will will gradually be able to train a little harder.
    I also agree running stairs is great for the butt.
  23. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kkschaef View Post
    Since you just had a baby and not the ok yet from your Dr. The best thing to do is getting your nutrition under control. Another consideration is if your nursing you still want to make sure to get enough calories and nutrients in your diet. Once you get the ok from your Dr. Start slowly with some light resistance training and cardio. Be careful not to over due in the beginning. You will will gradually be able to train a little harder.
    I also agree running stairs is great for the butt.
    Last Online: 01-05-2009 at 02:09 PM

    I don't think she gives a f**k about how to tone her butt anymore

    Just another New year resoultionary who wants to change but when they find out what they need to do, well, it can wait, till next year

    She already started another thread in the diet section and I gave her a basic program to follow, no follow up.

    If you look at her profile, you can find the thread she started.
  24. Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by kkschaef View Post
    Since you just had a baby and not the ok yet from your Dr. The best thing to do is getting your nutrition under control. Another consideration is if your nursing you still want to make sure to get enough calories and nutrients in your diet. Once you get the ok from your Dr. Start slowly with some light resistance training and cardio. Be careful not to over due in the beginning. You will will gradually be able to train a little harder.
    I also agree running stairs is great for the butt.
    Best post.
  25. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51548
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    If you are breastfeeding then you wil burn more calories anyway. If you start to heavy of an exercise regime this early you could start bleeding again.

    Maybe start by either putting baby in a stroller or sling and doing some moderate walking.

    Without knowing if you are breastfeeding it is impossible to give diet advice and how far out postpartum you are. Stitches and leg work would be a bad thing.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How to tone my stomach?
    By RAZORBACK09 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
  2. Best cycle for a woman to cut and tone?
    By kashmoney72 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
  3. hear about this ring tone???
    By motive in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 09:12 AM
  4. Shape and Tone Your Butt with the Jumping Squat
    By FemBot in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:51 PM
  5. Wife needs to tone her legs
    By badbart in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in