Takin the GF to the gym what do i do?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. nice good advice and so for women that lift heavy in the end results have a sexy body? very interesting if thats how it works...

2. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    i been taking mine too. Her lower back tends to hurt/pop on her and she doesnt have an athletic shape by any means.
    Low back pain is often the result of weak abdominals, so DON'T let her neglect those. When weak abs are the culprit, the low back is already over tight, as the structural antagonists can't counteract them. Bootom line = focus on the abs, preferential to the LB, at least at first: once she's got some strength there, the LB pain & hypermobility should ease off.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Sorry, i meant like medically. I think it was a form of scoliosis she had corrected extremely young with 2 titanium rods and 4 screws. I do push her but only a bit. i do think strengthening her back will help. So we do hyperextensions. she does 2, 30 sec rest, 2, rest etc etc fo 10. I also have her on lunges.
    I have a double curve scoliosis and a super strong back. The more I have worked back the less pain I have.

4. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I have a double curve scoliosis and a super strong back. The more I have worked back the less pain I have.
    I too have a scoliosis. However, I was told that, because of all my training, it has helped strengthen my back, so that the scoliosis has no effect.
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

5. I look at all the muscle as a hard cast as my muscle grows it tightens and keeps the spine in place. If I take off training for any length of time my pain gets bad. There is a notable difference in my shoulders being square when I lift. But as its all I've known I lift just fine and compensate for it.
    •   

6. well im glad you ladies lift well and it makes your back pain not as bad or not there at all

7. Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    nice good advice and so for women that lift heavy in the end results have a sexy body? very interesting if thats how it works...
    NO, this would be VERY INaccurate. A female can lift heavy. but if her diet is ****e, or she trains with no rhyme or reason, then she will NOT necessarily look good at all!
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

8. haha ok so then has to have a good diet and train with a reason (to get in better shape), and train hard and then the sexy body will follow?? also what are good fat burners for women?

9. get your girl doing some crossfit, crossfit seems to be great for girls

10. Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    haha ok so then has to have a good diet and train with a reason (to get in better shape), and train hard and then the sexy body will follow?? also what are good fat burners for women?
    The sexy body doesn't always follow with diet and training either, if what you consider "good" is not actually and training is wrong. And "sexy" is a different definition to everyone. No explanantion is needed here.

As for fat burners, they should be a LAST resort option, like say when your gf gets to <15% BF. Else she won't see much effects. And, contrary to what others have said re using one as 'motivation', if one hasn't got the discipline and desire to change, then using a fat burner will make no difference. In saying all that, any fat burner should work for a female just as well as a male. The BEST fat burner, however, is GAINING more MUSCLE!

Just my opinions.

11. alright well thank you very much for the information about that i shall have her put this to good use!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 01:00 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM
  3. If you had 30mins to train everyday what would you do
    By TeaEhRoar in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 06:23 AM
  4. Just went to the went to the health food store
    By Funny Monkey in forum General Chat