female friend wantin to gain weight - AnabolicMinds.com

female friend wantin to gain weight

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

female friend wantin to gain weight

hey girls, a friend of mine is a cheerleader and is needin to gain weight to meet some requirements. how can she most effectively do this while staying lean? i would assume just increase calories like i would do... but thought i would ask the girls out there. thanks for any help you can provide. btw... she's needin to gain like 7 pounds..

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

How much time does she have. Rather than focus on trying to gain weight I would hit the gym and build muscle. She will stay lean and yet weight more on the scale.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

i think she has like 4 weeks or so... and i think it makes it kinda hard to gain because of all of the practicing and tumbling and such
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Well if her metabolism is fast then things like bagels w/ cream cheese and milkskakes help. i used to have to keep a food log because I could not gain. The Dr had me eat alot of that.
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by panther77 View Post
    hey girls, a friend of mine is a cheerleader and is needin to gain weight to meet some requirements. how can she most effectively do this while staying lean? i would assume just increase calories like i would do... but thought i would ask the girls out there. thanks for any help you can provide. btw... she's needin to gain like 7 pounds..
    Make sure that she's eating enough, for a start. The nutritional requirements for gaining weight are the same as for losing weight, except that you need to be eating MORE than Maintenance calories. As Christine said, get her resistance training, and aim for anything up to 500 calories more than Maintenance (say, start with 200 cal/day over), so that she gains some muscle (if she's new to resistance training, then she should repsond fairly quickly and make fast gains), which would cause weight gain, while her BF% may stay the same or decrease (since muscle weighs more than fat). Or, the fastest way (not that it's the best way, nor would I recommend it, unless you were needing to make up extra weight if she doesn't gain all 7lb from resistance training) to gain weight for something (if she wants to stay lean) is to carb load (i.e. for every gram of carbohydrate in the body, it stores 3g of water), which means that while she can easily gain 7lb for that SPECIFIC day, and it won't be FAT, etc.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    to gain weight for something (if she wants to stay lean) is to carb load (i.e. for every gram of carbohydrate in the body, it stores 3g of water), which means that while she can easily gain 7lb for that SPECIFIC day, and it won't be FAT, etc. (

That's what I was gonna say, have her train anyway, it is possible to gain muscle in one month, not a lot however.

But, the sodium/water/carb manipulation is the way to go, did that for powerlifting, local fights, works everytime and 7 lbs is nothing really, a big bucket of KFC and she's good to go!
  7. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post

That's what I was gonna say, have her train anyway, it is possible to gain muscle in one month, not a lot however.

But, the sodium/water/carb manipulation is the way to go, did that for powerlifting, local fights, works everytime and 7 lbs is nothing really, a big bucket of KFC and she's good to go!
    That's the route I would go (diet manipulation) for this particular instance. As for muscle gain, she could realistically easily gain 1-2lb per week (lean body mass and a small amount of fat), making the 7lb increase over 4 weeks, but it wouldn't necessarily be all MUSCLE gains.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

ok thanks a lot for all the info, she just found out that she tore her hamstring and messed up some tendons in her knee so it looks like she's gonna be down for a while...
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by panther77 View Post
    ok thanks a lot for all the info, she just found out that she tore her hamstring and messed up some tendons in her knee so it looks like she's gonna be down for a while...
    Make sure that she rehabs it properly, then. In the meantime she can do upper body work and light lower body stuff.

10. New Member
    Stats
    4'10"  272 lbs.

That's odd.

Why would she need to gain 7 lbs for cheerleading. My only thought would be the coaches find that she is to weak to do certain things & think if she weighed more she would be stronger???

Well I doubt gaining 7lbs of fat will help a cheerleader, so milk shakes and other fattening foods would not be wise.

I would just have her hit the weights , which would in turn up her strength and should allow her to eat more HEALTHY food throughout the day.

And the day of the weight in or whatever the bloody hell her coaches are doing , have her drink a ton of water. I can drink 7lbs of water in me easily in less than 1 hour.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
  2. Trying to help a friend GAIN weight but there`s a catch.
    By reptone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 12:07 AM
  3. Large female friend wants help
    By dpfisher in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 02:46 PM
  4. Gxr or LX for my female friend
    By DmitryWI in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 06:05 AM
  5. training a female friend