How can I get a six pack

  1. How can I get a six pack


    Im pretty thin, dont have a lot of body fat. what kinds of excersizes can I do to tone up more?
    Attached Images Attached Images  


  2. Believe it or not, lose more body fat by slowly dieting. That's the main way to get a 6 pack. You dont have that far to go.

    But, if you ask me, 6 packs on girls aren't that appealing. (but maybe thats just me)

  3. I would say diet while continuing to work your abs.
    •   
       


  4. Yeah, just keep the dieting going, keep the exercising going, and maybe try out a topical fat-loss product like Napalm.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by OliviaXX View Post
    Im pretty thin, dont have a lot of body fat. what kinds of excersizes can I do to tone up more?
    That is a very lovely mid-section already. But if you want to see muscle tone there you need to do more.

    One great 10 minute or so killer ab workout is the P90x "ab ripper X" routine. Borrow the DVD from someone or download just that part from the internet.

    I also recommend the entire p90x circuit training and "keep the body in motion" type of training for toning up...plus the yoga session is extreme and you'll really benefit from it.

    This is not THE only way but I stumbled onto it and found it to be a pretty solid way for people to tone up.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimalG View Post
    But, if you ask me, 6 packs on girls aren't that appealing. (but maybe thats just me)
    Definitly just you.

    My GF finds that leg lifts work well. Lay on a decline bench, the wrong way, holding the top, and lift.

    Also she likes to use a back extension machine backwards, where your feet would be supported, and you lean back.


    If those dont make sense i might be able to find some pics for you.

  7. Diet must be locked in and you have to have a solid core ab structure.

    The leg lifts are awesome, you can also do a version where you lower your legs super slowly, sit ups, typical gym ab machines, broomstick twists , seated bench V style knee crunches, hanging leg lifts..etc.

  8. Dieting, plenty of squats and deadlifts and further core specific work like crader mentioned.

  9. Looks like you are very close to me as well, just tighten your diet down a bit, and use a variety of ab exercises. With enough intensity I would think you could see some nice ripples in 6 months.

    By the way...is that a skull and cross bones in the belly button? Nice.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by SFRANGER View Post
    Looks like you are very close to me as well, just tighten your diet down a bit, and use a variety of ab exercises. With enough intensity I would think you could see some nice ripples in 6 months.

    By the way...is that a skull and cross bones in the belly button? Nice.
    That would be cool... but no, lol its actually a frog. I should get one like that tho...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimalG View Post
    Believe it or not, lose more body fat by slowly dieting. That's the main way to get a 6 pack. You dont have that far to go.

    But, if you ask me, 6 packs on girls aren't that appealing. (but maybe thats just me)
    Well I dont need it to be a ripped 6 pack.. just defined you know...

  12. diet. ab exercises.
    Cub has some good suggestions.
    squats and deadlifts.
    SFW and GFH

  13. you dont possess much bodyfat at all, so it shouldnt be hard to "tone up".

    I would much rather focus at this point on what crader mentioned, building up a solid ab and core structure (building the muscles within the area)

  14. Quote Originally Posted by OliviaXX View Post
    Im pretty thin, dont have a lot of body fat. what kinds of excersizes can I do to tone up more?
    LOL... nice undie's.... Have you tried Interval cardio?

  15. You are really close I would just do some crunches and maybe use a pilates ball to strech your midsection, to elongate your torso. Keep a good diet and maybe use a fatburner like lipo 6 (the one made for women) to just give you that little kick to get past the plateau. Give it time you'll get there

  16. Continue with eating lean. I often times will add weight to my ab routine and I like using the decline bench for crunches and leg lifts.

  17. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showt...27#post1470527

    Do it, by the time of the contest you'll be where you want to be, call it motivation.

  18. keep up the dieting. work high rep of weight training and cardio

  19. good luck
  20. Diet Diet Diet (and some exercise)


    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaXX View Post
    Im pretty thin, dont have a lot of body fat. what kinds of excersizes can I do to tone up more?
    Toning is either: 1) losing bodyfat, 2) gaining muscle mass, or 3) losing bodyfat whilst simultaneously gaining muscle mass.

    And for all three. the most important component is DIET. Get that dialled in right. Make sure that you're training hard (resistance training, maybe some cardio). Add in some exercises for your abs to develop the muscles (so that you can see them). But it's mostly DIET...


    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimalG View Post
    ...6 packs on girls aren't that appealing. (but maybe thats just me)
    You can have a 6-pack and still look sexy and be VERY feminine. Muscle looks better than 'softness' (but that's just MY opinion, LOL; everyone has their own preferences as to what looks good...)
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  21. I think girls with abs are damn sexy

  22. Quote Originally Posted by OliviaXX
    Im pretty thin, dont have a lot of body fat. what kinds of excersizes can I do to tone up more?

    Olivia, you are close! I'm going to echo what everyone else here has said, in that if you lightly get a bit stricter with your diet and up your cardio you will begin to see those abs. Ab exercises are great, but nothing builds an impressive core like deadlifts and squats.

    Also, as far as supplements go, Avant Labs Napalm is a topical supplement that you rub on your midsection and it will help remove what little fat you have there.

    ps - nice froggie

  23. thanks everyone... Im just starting to get back into the gym now... Lots of stuff have been happening lately so I was out for a few weeks. Bt starting it up again.

  24. Nice. Keep us updated with full length body shots on a daily basis. It will really help with our training suggestions

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    You can have a 6-pack and still look sexy and be VERY feminine. Muscle looks better than 'softness' (but that's just MY opinion, LOL; everyone has their own preferences as to what looks good...)
    IMO women are supposed to be on the 'softer' side and I personally find women with chiseled abs to look filthy. There is nothing wrong with a toned stomach but thats as far as I go. Current opinions on what is "sexy" have been created by magazines and other advertisement media.

  26. IMO women are supposed to be on the 'softer' side and I personally find women with chiseled abs to look filthy.
    Remember that the OP is asking for a 6-pack when you're tossing out your adjectives in their thread.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Remember that the OP is asking for a 6-pack when you're tossing out your adjectives in their thread.
    Err, yes... but she clarified she was looking for "defined" and not "ripped." My use of the term "chiseled" I feel is pretty synonymous with "ripped." Either way I was just interjecting a little bit of opinion, as did others, minus a little color.

    To the OP - I agree with cub... compound exercises like squats and deadlifts will not only increase core strength but will also tighten the midsection as they both utilize the abdominal muscles as antagonistic stabilizers. You may also want to try the "suitcase deadlift" which is a deadlift variant that seems to target the obliques a little more, especially if you use a dumbells but only do one side of your body at a time (i.e. a dumbbell in just your right or your left hands, not both).

    Other things to add in:

    Cable Crunch
    Roman Chair Leg Raise
    Russian Twist (with medicine ball)

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    IMO women are supposed to be on the 'softer' side and I personally find women with chiseled abs to look filthy. There is nothing wrong with a toned stomach but thats as far as I go. Current opinions on what is "sexy" have been created by magazines and other advertisement media.
    Each to their own! 'Toned' to me is 'fat skinny', so there you go. And as for what's "sexy" in the media: big boobs, small waist, fat skinny or just plain skinny, and little else (except for fitness media, and then you get a mix of 'toned', muscle and softness)...


    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Err, yes... but she clarified she was looking for "defined" and not "ripped." My use of the term "chiseled" I feel is pretty synonymous with "ripped."
    To me "defined" means being able to SEE the abs and not just a mere 'hint' (as you can see with me right now). And to see them a female must be a low BF %...

    ...Anyways, I'm done here. Everyone has their own opinion. What's right for someone is not for another. And what one finds attractive, another won't. Simple as that.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  29. I as well am a big fan of abs on a woman.. Ohhhhhh good gosh.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    I as well am a big fan of abs on a woman.. Ohhhhhh good gosh.
    Whoa... easy there tiger.

  31. LOL, Well I'll see how far I wanna take this, you know...I'll see what I think will look best on me, Whether its just bing able to notice a little or a lot, Ill see what I like on myself and go for it. If i start out and think I need more then ill get more...lol... Ill just go for what I think looks good on me... We'll see... Ill post pics once I see any difference from my first pic.

  32. shouldn't take long to see results. at 5'3 and 100lbs you are pretty tiny. I doubt you have much body fat at all. good luck!
    SFW and GFH

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    shouldn't take long to see results. at 5'3 and 100lbs you are pretty tiny. I doubt you have much body fat at all. good luck!
    True, that is tiny. You don't want to get TOO small. As it is, according to your BMI, you are ALREADY UNDERweight! (For an athlete, I would normally say ignore BMI, as muscle weighs MORE than fat, and therefore BMI would be an inaccurate indication of whether they are under, normal, or over weight. You, however, look to have little muscle mass, and are therefore can safely assume that BMI will be an accurate indication for you). Anyways, as I said, you look to have little muscle mass; and you probably do not have a lot of fat, either. Bear in mind that if you want to see a "6-pack", or even definition in your midsection (and not just have a FLAT stomach and look skinny), then you NEED to DEVELOP your abdominal muscles...
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  34. Im not necessarily trying to get smaller, Im not, I actually started working out to gain weight... so far even thought it may not look it, I went from 93 lbs to 100 lbs. And that is a big accomplishment for me because I cant gain weight no matter what I do. But gaining muscle has been the only way I have been able to. Plus its good for me and makes me feel good. Having such a small body size, I know I am prone to osteoperosis when I get older also, so weight training helps in that aspect of it also. Even people at the gym and people I know that see me have said they would not have thought I had that much strength just from looking at me. So even though Im more just starting out with this, I know I can achieve some good gains, whether their noticable physically or not. I am not trying to loose weight, I know I am underweight according to everything, but I am just naturally small. People have tried to assume I try to be like this or have some kind of a disorder but I do not. All my health tests always show up very healthy in every category, I eat plenty, But this is just me, And I am doing this for my reasons. I know no one here is trying to say anything bad about me in any way, I just wanted to put it straight that I am not really trying to lose weight. I am not one of those people who is skinny but thinks that Im fat... I like the way I look, but I know I can look better by working out and toning out. And its for me, no one else. It helps me now and it will later in life also. Oh and thank you everyone for your replies. They do help me out. All of you are a very nice bunch of people on this website and very willing to help anyone that needs help. I appreciate it.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by OliviaXX View Post
    Im not necessarily trying to get smaller, Im not, I actually started working out to gain weight... so far even thought it may not look it, I went from 93 lbs to 100 lbs. And that is a big accomplishment for me because I cant gain weight no matter what I do. But gaining muscle has been the only way I have been able to. Plus its good for me and makes me feel good. Having such a small body size, I know I am prone to osteoperosis when I get older also, so weight training helps in that aspect of it also. Even people at the gym and people I know that see me have said they would not have thought I had that much strength just from looking at me. So even though Im more just starting out with this, I know I can achieve some good gains, whether their noticable physically or not. I am not trying to loose weight, I know I am underweight according to everything, but I am just naturally small. People have tried to assume I try to be like this or have some kind of a disorder but I do not. All my health tests always show up very healthy in every category, I eat plenty, But this is just me, And I am doing this for my reasons. I know no one here is trying to say anything bad about me in any way, I just wanted to put it straight that I am not really trying to lose weight. I am not one of those people who is skinny but thinks that Im fat... I like the way I look, but I know I can look better by working out and toning out. And its for me, no one else. It helps me now and it will later in life also. Oh and thank you everyone for your replies. They do help me out. All of you are a very nice bunch of people on this website and very willing to help anyone that needs help. I appreciate it.
    Well, being small doesn't mean you can't have strength. I'm not a lot bigger than you and I have quite a bit of strength and power (especially in my lower body)...

    Keep that attitude of doing it for yourself. That's the ONLY reason you should be doing it: to make YOU happy (it also helps that it enhances appearance, health and fitness, etc.)

    If you want to gain, eat MORE is all I can say (but within reason). You should be having up to (and sometimes more) than 500 calories ABOVE your maintenance calories to gain muscle. Try to make it from mostly clean sources (this will get better quality results, and help decrease the amount of bodyfat (BF) gained as well, since, even though it can be minimized, you can NOT gain muscle withOUT gaining some BF).

    Yes, we're all here to help, and anything that is said is for that.

    Kudos to you for what you've achieved so far. If you set your mind to it, and are prepared to work hard for what you want, then ANYthing is possible. Go hard, girl!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  36. just here to quickly weigh in my vote.......six packs on girls are AMAZING! it cranks my tractor!

  37. abs on a woman is hott

    seems like everyone is saying 'do lots of ab exercises'... but to me a total body routine is the way to go, along with a solid high protein fat loss diet. Building muscle everywhere will raise your metabolic rate and coupled with the diet and ab exercises, your abs will start popping. Everyone asks me this question and I tell them you can do all the ab **** you want but if thats all you do you will only end up with nice abs under a layer of fat (thin layer in your case) that you won't really see. Squats and DL imo are great for a tight core and building that overall more muscular frame. Don't worry w/ the good diet you won't get bulky... only jackd ;P

  38. my vote is to keep the diet clean but dont lose weight. Main thing is gettin more development in your abs, this doesnt mean train them every chance you get but train them wisely, make them grow and they should show thru. Oh, and defined abs are really sexy!

  39. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    ...Main thing is gettin more development in your abs, this doesnt mean train them every chance you get but train them wisely, make them grow and they should show thru...
    Yep; like any other muscle, abs do NOT need training EVERY day, and NEED recovery time too. I train my abs twice a week for ~100 reps in total each session. I use mainly WEIGHTED exercises (i.e. weighted crunches, rope crunches, etc.) and hanging knee/leg lifts, though, to develop the muscle. You should be fine with this...
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  40. thanks you guys, yea, i have been doing the deadlifts, so hopefully i get to where I wanna be soon. lol. I know it takes time.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. 6 Pack Help!
    By VeganMike in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM
  3. pSarm/Formadrol Twin Pack (Twin Pack)
    By CorpKiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:46 PM
  4. How'd u get your six pack abs?
    By bkoguy07 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Log in
Log in