How can I get a six pack

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. IMO women are supposed to be on the 'softer' side and I personally find women with chiseled abs to look filthy.
    Remember that the OP is asking for a 6-pack when you're tossing out your adjectives in their thread.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Remember that the OP is asking for a 6-pack when you're tossing out your adjectives in their thread.
    Err, yes... but she clarified she was looking for "defined" and not "ripped." My use of the term "chiseled" I feel is pretty synonymous with "ripped." Either way I was just interjecting a little bit of opinion, as did others, minus a little color.

    To the OP - I agree with cub... compound exercises like squats and deadlifts will not only increase core strength but will also tighten the midsection as they both utilize the abdominal muscles as antagonistic stabilizers. You may also want to try the "suitcase deadlift" which is a deadlift variant that seems to target the obliques a little more, especially if you use a dumbells but only do one side of your body at a time (i.e. a dumbbell in just your right or your left hands, not both).

    Other things to add in:

    Cable Crunch
    Roman Chair Leg Raise
    Russian Twist (with medicine ball)
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    IMO women are supposed to be on the 'softer' side and I personally find women with chiseled abs to look filthy. There is nothing wrong with a toned stomach but thats as far as I go. Current opinions on what is "sexy" have been created by magazines and other advertisement media.
    Each to their own! 'Toned' to me is 'fat skinny', so there you go. And as for what's "sexy" in the media: big boobs, small waist, fat skinny or just plain skinny, and little else (except for fitness media, and then you get a mix of 'toned', muscle and softness)...


    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Err, yes... but she clarified she was looking for "defined" and not "ripped." My use of the term "chiseled" I feel is pretty synonymous with "ripped."
    To me "defined" means being able to SEE the abs and not just a mere 'hint' (as you can see with me right now). And to see them a female must be a low BF %...

    ...Anyways, I'm done here. Everyone has their own opinion. What's right for someone is not for another. And what one finds attractive, another won't. Simple as that.

  4. I as well am a big fan of abs on a woman.. Ohhhhhh good gosh.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    I as well am a big fan of abs on a woman.. Ohhhhhh good gosh.
    Whoa... easy there tiger.
    •   
       


  6. LOL, Well I'll see how far I wanna take this, you know...I'll see what I think will look best on me, Whether its just bing able to notice a little or a lot, Ill see what I like on myself and go for it. If i start out and think I need more then ill get more...lol... Ill just go for what I think looks good on me... We'll see... Ill post pics once I see any difference from my first pic.

  7. shouldn't take long to see results. at 5'3 and 100lbs you are pretty tiny. I doubt you have much body fat at all. good luck!
    SFW and GFH

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    shouldn't take long to see results. at 5'3 and 100lbs you are pretty tiny. I doubt you have much body fat at all. good luck!
    True, that is tiny. You don't want to get TOO small. As it is, according to your BMI, you are ALREADY UNDERweight! (For an athlete, I would normally say ignore BMI, as muscle weighs MORE than fat, and therefore BMI would be an inaccurate indication of whether they are under, normal, or over weight. You, however, look to have little muscle mass, and are therefore can safely assume that BMI will be an accurate indication for you). Anyways, as I said, you look to have little muscle mass; and you probably do not have a lot of fat, either. Bear in mind that if you want to see a "6-pack", or even definition in your midsection (and not just have a FLAT stomach and look skinny), then you NEED to DEVELOP your abdominal muscles...

  9. Im not necessarily trying to get smaller, Im not, I actually started working out to gain weight... so far even thought it may not look it, I went from 93 lbs to 100 lbs. And that is a big accomplishment for me because I cant gain weight no matter what I do. But gaining muscle has been the only way I have been able to. Plus its good for me and makes me feel good. Having such a small body size, I know I am prone to osteoperosis when I get older also, so weight training helps in that aspect of it also. Even people at the gym and people I know that see me have said they would not have thought I had that much strength just from looking at me. So even though Im more just starting out with this, I know I can achieve some good gains, whether their noticable physically or not. I am not trying to loose weight, I know I am underweight according to everything, but I am just naturally small. People have tried to assume I try to be like this or have some kind of a disorder but I do not. All my health tests always show up very healthy in every category, I eat plenty, But this is just me, And I am doing this for my reasons. I know no one here is trying to say anything bad about me in any way, I just wanted to put it straight that I am not really trying to lose weight. I am not one of those people who is skinny but thinks that Im fat... I like the way I look, but I know I can look better by working out and toning out. And its for me, no one else. It helps me now and it will later in life also. Oh and thank you everyone for your replies. They do help me out. All of you are a very nice bunch of people on this website and very willing to help anyone that needs help. I appreciate it.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by OliviaXX View Post
    Im not necessarily trying to get smaller, Im not, I actually started working out to gain weight... so far even thought it may not look it, I went from 93 lbs to 100 lbs. And that is a big accomplishment for me because I cant gain weight no matter what I do. But gaining muscle has been the only way I have been able to. Plus its good for me and makes me feel good. Having such a small body size, I know I am prone to osteoperosis when I get older also, so weight training helps in that aspect of it also. Even people at the gym and people I know that see me have said they would not have thought I had that much strength just from looking at me. So even though Im more just starting out with this, I know I can achieve some good gains, whether their noticable physically or not. I am not trying to loose weight, I know I am underweight according to everything, but I am just naturally small. People have tried to assume I try to be like this or have some kind of a disorder but I do not. All my health tests always show up very healthy in every category, I eat plenty, But this is just me, And I am doing this for my reasons. I know no one here is trying to say anything bad about me in any way, I just wanted to put it straight that I am not really trying to lose weight. I am not one of those people who is skinny but thinks that Im fat... I like the way I look, but I know I can look better by working out and toning out. And its for me, no one else. It helps me now and it will later in life also. Oh and thank you everyone for your replies. They do help me out. All of you are a very nice bunch of people on this website and very willing to help anyone that needs help. I appreciate it.
    Well, being small doesn't mean you can't have strength. I'm not a lot bigger than you and I have quite a bit of strength and power (especially in my lower body)...

    Keep that attitude of doing it for yourself. That's the ONLY reason you should be doing it: to make YOU happy (it also helps that it enhances appearance, health and fitness, etc.)

    If you want to gain, eat MORE is all I can say (but within reason). You should be having up to (and sometimes more) than 500 calories ABOVE your maintenance calories to gain muscle. Try to make it from mostly clean sources (this will get better quality results, and help decrease the amount of bodyfat (BF) gained as well, since, even though it can be minimized, you can NOT gain muscle withOUT gaining some BF).

    Yes, we're all here to help, and anything that is said is for that.

    Kudos to you for what you've achieved so far. If you set your mind to it, and are prepared to work hard for what you want, then ANYthing is possible. Go hard, girl!

  11. just here to quickly weigh in my vote.......six packs on girls are AMAZING! it cranks my tractor!

  12. abs on a woman is hott

    seems like everyone is saying 'do lots of ab exercises'... but to me a total body routine is the way to go, along with a solid high protein fat loss diet. Building muscle everywhere will raise your metabolic rate and coupled with the diet and ab exercises, your abs will start popping. Everyone asks me this question and I tell them you can do all the ab **** you want but if thats all you do you will only end up with nice abs under a layer of fat (thin layer in your case) that you won't really see. Squats and DL imo are great for a tight core and building that overall more muscular frame. Don't worry w/ the good diet you won't get bulky... only jackd ;P

  13. my vote is to keep the diet clean but dont lose weight. Main thing is gettin more development in your abs, this doesnt mean train them every chance you get but train them wisely, make them grow and they should show thru. Oh, and defined abs are really sexy!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    ...Main thing is gettin more development in your abs, this doesnt mean train them every chance you get but train them wisely, make them grow and they should show thru...
    Yep; like any other muscle, abs do NOT need training EVERY day, and NEED recovery time too. I train my abs twice a week for ~100 reps in total each session. I use mainly WEIGHTED exercises (i.e. weighted crunches, rope crunches, etc.) and hanging knee/leg lifts, though, to develop the muscle. You should be fine with this...

  15. thanks you guys, yea, i have been doing the deadlifts, so hopefully i get to where I wanna be soon. lol. I know it takes time.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How can I get a good physique?
    By VernonVernon in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 11:54 PM
  2. how can i get bigger
    By billdollar89 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 10:46 PM
  3. How'd u get your six pack abs?
    By bkoguy07 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 01:14 PM
  4. What is the most effective way to get a six pack?
    By bigred869 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 08:01 AM
  5. How can I get rid of all these prohormones?
    By cstamm in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Log in
Log in