How can I get a six pack

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. LOL, Well I'll see how far I wanna take this, you know...I'll see what I think will look best on me, Whether its just bing able to notice a little or a lot, Ill see what I like on myself and go for it. If i start out and think I need more then ill get more...lol... Ill just go for what I think looks good on me... We'll see... Ill post pics once I see any difference from my first pic.

2. shouldn't take long to see results. at 5'3 and 100lbs you are pretty tiny. I doubt you have much body fat at all. good luck!
    SFW and GFH
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    shouldn't take long to see results. at 5'3 and 100lbs you are pretty tiny. I doubt you have much body fat at all. good luck!
    True, that is tiny. You don't want to get TOO small. As it is, according to your BMI, you are ALREADY UNDERweight! (For an athlete, I would normally say ignore BMI, as muscle weighs MORE than fat, and therefore BMI would be an inaccurate indication of whether they are under, normal, or over weight. You, however, look to have little muscle mass, and are therefore can safely assume that BMI will be an accurate indication for you). Anyways, as I said, you look to have little muscle mass; and you probably do not have a lot of fat, either. Bear in mind that if you want to see a "6-pack", or even definition in your midsection (and not just have a FLAT stomach and look skinny), then you NEED to DEVELOP your abdominal muscles...
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

4. Im not necessarily trying to get smaller, Im not, I actually started working out to gain weight... so far even thought it may not look it, I went from 93 lbs to 100 lbs. And that is a big accomplishment for me because I cant gain weight no matter what I do. But gaining muscle has been the only way I have been able to. Plus its good for me and makes me feel good. Having such a small body size, I know I am prone to osteoperosis when I get older also, so weight training helps in that aspect of it also. Even people at the gym and people I know that see me have said they would not have thought I had that much strength just from looking at me. So even though Im more just starting out with this, I know I can achieve some good gains, whether their noticable physically or not. I am not trying to loose weight, I know I am underweight according to everything, but I am just naturally small. People have tried to assume I try to be like this or have some kind of a disorder but I do not. All my health tests always show up very healthy in every category, I eat plenty, But this is just me, And I am doing this for my reasons. I know no one here is trying to say anything bad about me in any way, I just wanted to put it straight that I am not really trying to lose weight. I am not one of those people who is skinny but thinks that Im fat... I like the way I look, but I know I can look better by working out and toning out. And its for me, no one else. It helps me now and it will later in life also. Oh and thank you everyone for your replies. They do help me out. All of you are a very nice bunch of people on this website and very willing to help anyone that needs help. I appreciate it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by OliviaXX View Post
    Im not necessarily trying to get smaller, Im not, I actually started working out to gain weight... so far even thought it may not look it, I went from 93 lbs to 100 lbs. And that is a big accomplishment for me because I cant gain weight no matter what I do. But gaining muscle has been the only way I have been able to. Plus its good for me and makes me feel good. Having such a small body size, I know I am prone to osteoperosis when I get older also, so weight training helps in that aspect of it also. Even people at the gym and people I know that see me have said they would not have thought I had that much strength just from looking at me. So even though Im more just starting out with this, I know I can achieve some good gains, whether their noticable physically or not. I am not trying to loose weight, I know I am underweight according to everything, but I am just naturally small. People have tried to assume I try to be like this or have some kind of a disorder but I do not. All my health tests always show up very healthy in every category, I eat plenty, But this is just me, And I am doing this for my reasons. I know no one here is trying to say anything bad about me in any way, I just wanted to put it straight that I am not really trying to lose weight. I am not one of those people who is skinny but thinks that Im fat... I like the way I look, but I know I can look better by working out and toning out. And its for me, no one else. It helps me now and it will later in life also. Oh and thank you everyone for your replies. They do help me out. All of you are a very nice bunch of people on this website and very willing to help anyone that needs help. I appreciate it.
    Well, being small doesn't mean you can't have strength. I'm not a lot bigger than you and I have quite a bit of strength and power (especially in my lower body)...

Keep that attitude of doing it for yourself. That's the ONLY reason you should be doing it: to make YOU happy (it also helps that it enhances appearance, health and fitness, etc.)

If you want to gain, eat MORE is all I can say (but within reason). You should be having up to (and sometimes more) than 500 calories ABOVE your maintenance calories to gain muscle. Try to make it from mostly clean sources (this will get better quality results, and help decrease the amount of bodyfat (BF) gained as well, since, even though it can be minimized, you can NOT gain muscle withOUT gaining some BF).

Yes, we're all here to help, and anything that is said is for that.

Kudos to you for what you've achieved so far. If you set your mind to it, and are prepared to work hard for what you want, then ANYthing is possible. Go hard, girl!

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

6. just here to quickly weigh in my vote.......six packs on girls are AMAZING! it cranks my tractor!

7. abs on a woman is hott

seems like everyone is saying 'do lots of ab exercises'... but to me a total body routine is the way to go, along with a solid high protein fat loss diet. Building muscle everywhere will raise your metabolic rate and coupled with the diet and ab exercises, your abs will start popping. Everyone asks me this question and I tell them you can do all the ab **** you want but if thats all you do you will only end up with nice abs under a layer of fat (thin layer in your case) that you won't really see. Squats and DL imo are great for a tight core and building that overall more muscular frame. Don't worry w/ the good diet you won't get bulky... only jackd ;P

8. my vote is to keep the diet clean but dont lose weight. Main thing is gettin more development in your abs, this doesnt mean train them every chance you get but train them wisely, make them grow and they should show thru. Oh, and defined abs are really sexy!

9. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    ...Main thing is gettin more development in your abs, this doesnt mean train them every chance you get but train them wisely, make them grow and they should show thru...
    Yep; like any other muscle, abs do NOT need training EVERY day, and NEED recovery time too. I train my abs twice a week for ~100 reps in total each session. I use mainly WEIGHTED exercises (i.e. weighted crunches, rope crunches, etc.) and hanging knee/leg lifts, though, to develop the muscle. You should be fine with this...

10. thanks you guys, yea, i have been doing the deadlifts, so hopefully i get to where I wanna be soon. lol. I know it takes time.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. 6 Pack Help!
    By VeganMike in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM
  3. pSarm/Formadrol Twin Pack (Twin Pack)
    By CorpKiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:46 PM
  4. How'd u get your six pack abs?
    By bkoguy07 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 01:14 PM