no more deads

1. no more deads

this is just a rant.

everytime i have hurt my back, it has been from some form of deadlift. last monday i tried rack deads for the first time. i set it at just above knee level, but it never felt right. kept trying, but in the end pulled a muscle in my back. it has taken since tuesday till today for it to be back to normal. i did everything i could to heal it. deep tissue massage, foam rollers, extreme stretching, and today some good mornings with minmal weight. feels almost 100%, but i am thru doing dead lifts. i train westside style and there are plenty of ways to increase my deadlift without training it. i will probobly only deadlift 1 time every 4mths to establish a max. by no other deadlift variations. god i hate injuries and setbacks... ill be back in top form in no time...:bb3:

2. Dead lifting once every four months is probably a worse idea.
    •   

3. You should have someone re-evaluate your form. Also wear a belt if you don't already.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    You should have someone re-evaluate your form. Also wear a belt if you don't already.
    2nd this. You've probably got some form issues - as I had before I got em fixed up.

No looking back - deads are sure-fire mass builders.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    You should have someone re-evaluate your form. Also wear a belt if you don't already.

ditto, Could be form and could be back strength. I've been reading through WSB and EFS and have learned my form is wrong.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    Dead lifting once every four months is probably a worse idea.
    That sig is HILARIOUS.

7. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    That sig is HILARIOUS.
    Read the start of the thread it came from:

This skank wanted me I know it!

It's a bit disturbing!

8. You definitely don't want to deadlift that rarely. Drop the weight, perfect your form, wear a belt (if needed) and do them at least once a week for life!

9. Lower the weights and concentrate on form.

Use the trap bar.

Wear a belt.

10. i think i was just so pissed about hurting my back i jumped to conclusions. i love deadlifting. its just when i hurt my back, i dont feel as strong as i normally do. just feel like a pssy. just gotta slow down and improve my form. thanks guys
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Deads. first or last?
    By indianballer in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 12:32 AM
  2. HELP!! Cant Do Squats or Deads!!!
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 04:13 AM
  3. Rack deads
    By canadian champ in forum Training Forum