cardio+lifting=less mass??

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%

cardio+lifting=less mass??

i like to lift and do cardio on the same days and i just had a simple question. is cardio detrimentle to lean muscle gain on the same day, and would i gain more muscle and strength overall if i just lifted and seperated cardio from my lifting days? thanks for input guys.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.03%

It's okay to do cardio on the same days that you lift, but I think you have to go about it in a certain way. Some people have great results even if they do cardio and lifting back-to-back, while some people like to do weights and cardio separate. It all depends on the person and what works for them.

If you're worried about hampering your gains, you could try doing your cardio in the morning, and do your weights later on in the day. Maybe separate the two by about 6 hours or so. And make sure your nutrition is appropriate. The more you do, the more food you need because you're expending more energy. So make sure you're on top of that. Just make sure to have rest days where you don't do anything too strenuous, to give your body enough rest.

But like I said, it depends on the person. There are so many different opinions on this topic! Just try different things and see what you like best..

Good luck man!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%

hey thanks a lot man
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua86 View Post
    It's okay to do cardio on the same days that you lift, but I think you have to go about it in a certain way. Some people have great results even if they do cardio and lifting back-to-back, while some people like to do weights and cardio separate. It all depends on the person and what works for them.

If you're worried about hampering your gains, you could try doing your cardio in the morning, and do your weights later on in the day. Maybe separate the two by about 6 hours or so. And make sure your nutrition is appropriate. The more you do, the more food you need because you're expending more energy. So make sure you're on top of that. Just make sure to have rest days where you don't do anything too strenuous, to give your body enough rest.

But like I said, it depends on the person. There are so many different opinions on this topic! Just try different things and see what you like best..

Good luck man!
    Good advice... I think also it depends on your body type.... for example a ectomorph would be more prone to lose gains with cardio versus a meso or endomorph..... short intense sessions are better than long moderate ones in keeping gains...... rule of thumb is usually (3) 20 minute sessions a week if you are trying to gain mass....if cutting up, some people do 5 sessions a week in upwards of 40min-1hr. As above I am a big advocate in seperating your cardio from your resistance training so you can get your proper nutrition in your anabolic window after your workout of 40min-1hour......

Similar Forum Threads

1. HELP!LIFTING&CARDIO WITHDRAWL!!
    By tubbednova in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM
  2. cardio and weight lifting
    By nes4ever69 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 01:29 AM
  3. Cardio Before and After Lifting
    By Cubate in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12