Lower back pain

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
I worked out my lower back the other day at routine intensity doing about 20 sets of 10 total and that night my back started to feel painful and it has been this way for about 3 days now. I feel like an old guy when I bend over to pick something up. Granted, the pain is declining and will most likely diminish over time, but I am curious as to what I can attribute this to. I started Tren and PP two weeks ago so I am thinking one of these compounds might have something to do with it. Also, I have "lordosis" which is a condition where my back curves inward a bit (which basically makes my back look stronger but I have lower back pain a lot) so maybe I should go light on the back work outs? Hyperextensions are supposed to be good for the condition but I don't see how they are possible without arching the back if the back is already skeletally arched. On the flip side, my biceps used to be in pain every time I curled, so I stuck to hammer curls for a while, but eventually after doing regular curls for a while I got used to it and it wasn't painful anymore. Thoughts?

Squires

Awards
Sounds if some of it is DOMS. How is your hip mobility? The lower back should be stable(hardly moves), and the hips should be moble. It is common for the hips to get tight and loose mobility. When this happens the lower back tends to move more than it should. This allows more opportunity for injury. It will also make the lower back prone to being stiff and sore.

An exercise for lordosis is lay down with your back and feet on the floor, gently try to make your lower back flat. Also get an ab wheel, they are excelent for trunk strength and should help counter-act the strong pull from the lower back and balance the hips better.

I hope this helps. I don't know anything about those compounds, maybe someone else has some insight aboout them.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I worked out my lower back the other day at routine intensity doing about 20 sets of 10 total and that night my back started to feel painful and it has been this way for about 3 days now. I feel like an old guy when I bend over to pick something up. Granted, the pain is declining and will most likely diminish over time, but I am curious as to what I can attribute this to. I started Tren and PP two weeks ago so I am thinking one of these compounds might have something to do with it. Also, I have "lordosis" which is a condition where my back curves inward a bit (which basically makes my back look stronger but I have lower back pain a lot) so maybe I should go light on the back work outs? Hyperextensions are supposed to be good for the condition but I don't see how they are possible without arching the back if the back is already skeletally arched. On the flip side, my biceps used to be in pain every time I curled, so I stuck to hammer curls for a while, but eventually after doing regular curls for a while I got used to it and it wasn't painful anymore. Thoughts?

1st off i really dont think you need to be doing 20 sets of hyperextensions. You really should be working harder on squats(ATG), deads, straight leg deadlifts for more of your lower back work. truth is im not a big fan of hypers, especially for someone with lordosis. If your doing alot of your functional heavy work you shouldnt have the need to do that much work on hypers, at least not 20 sets..

As far as lordosis that very well could be attributing to your back pain. Lordosis is basically having tight hip flexors and when you stand, the hip flexors pull your pelvis forward causing the the lower back to sway. When this happens it can cause inbalances all over the place , some are shorten or tight spinal erectors, weak abs, tight hams from the pelvic tilt. best bet to correct it is to find some good hip flexor stretchs, stregthen the abs. I think i would avoid hypers for awhile. Some will tell you to stretch the hams to, but i disagree, because the tight hams are the result of the pelvic tilt, so the hams tend to tighten, when you strecth the hip flexors it should loosen of the tightness in the hams.

If you want to do 20 sets of something try doing more abdominal work with all different variations of planks included.

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
Tren has a tendancy to cause extreme muscle "tightness"...... it is good to stretch often when taking that compound. Tren is renoun as a muscle hardening agent. I agree with the above post that you should not be doing 20 sets of lower back...your errector muscles are very small, and do not need that volume.... not to mention they receive tons of work when hitting your back and legs. Stregthening your core will help with lower back pain also..even thou I feel your pain is exercise induced.......