max-oVER tRAINING?

micjakson

micjakson

Awards
Hello fellow lifters... I started AST's Max-OT program(the one listed on their website) a week ago. It calls for 5 workouts a week, less than 40min workouts, 2-3min rest between sets, 4-6 heavy reps, 2-3 sets each exercise, and 1-2 body parts a workout. The Intro program is all 5 weekdays on with weekends off. Do you guys think this is over training? I mean, take the 3rd week for instance, Monday you train legs and then Wednesday it calls for Dead lifts to train the back. My legs were still sore from the heavy 4-6 rep sets of Monday, how am I to do heavy dead lifts?! thanks

micjakson

micjakson

Awards
right, i could do top deads... I guess I just want to get some critique on the Max-OT program in general.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
right, i could do top deads... I guess I just want to get some critique on the Max-OT program in general.
I give it a thumbs up, but it is not for a beginner. I would say you need at least 1 year of training and start it while on a bulk.

G

GeneralIx

Awards
Do some lightweight reps first, get the blood flowing. In my experience that reduces soreness to almost zero. Otherwise, grab some caffeine, it's a proven antisoreness drug.

I do have my doubts about this programme to overtrain. I think it's not enough. I myself have been working out six times a week (once split up in three days a week, so you workout twice on trainingdays, and once on 6 consecutive days), and with my consecutive day scheme I didn't even eat plenty and still didn't get overtrained (strength increased). It's personal, I know, but I think it's nog enough. On my other six day scheme I ate plenty and strength increased nicely, but the greatest improvement came after.