- 06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Hello fellow lifters... I started AST's Max-OT program(the one listed on their website) a week ago. It calls for 5 workouts a week, less than 40min workouts, 2-3min rest between sets, 4-6 heavy reps, 2-3 sets each exercise, and 1-2 body parts a workout. The Intro program is all 5 weekdays on with weekends off. Do you guys think this is over training? I mean, take the 3rd week for instance, Monday you train legs and then Wednesday it calls for Dead lifts to train the back. My legs were still sore from the heavy 4-6 rep sets of Monday, how am I to do heavy dead lifts?! thanks
- 06-20-2008, 02:28 PM
06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
06-20-2008, 02:45 PM
right, i could do top deads... I guess I just want to get some critique on the Max-OT program in general.
06-20-2008, 02:48 PM
06-26-2008, 11:59 AM
06-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Do some lightweight reps first, get the blood flowing. In my experience that reduces soreness to almost zero. Otherwise, grab some caffeine, it's a proven antisoreness drug.
I do have my doubts about this programme to overtrain. I think it's not enough. I myself have been working out six times a week (once split up in three days a week, so you workout twice on trainingdays, and once on 6 consecutive days), and with my consecutive day scheme I didn't even eat plenty and still didn't get overtrained (strength increased). It's personal, I know, but I think it's nog enough. On my other six day scheme I ate plenty and strength increased nicely, but the greatest improvement came after.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Zero Tolerance in forum Training ForumReplies: 18Last Post: 04-10-2006, 09:27 PM
- By Elizzard in forum Weight LossReplies: 49Last Post: 03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum Training ForumReplies: 38Last Post: 08-31-2004, 05:49 PM
- By Hellhound in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 06-09-2004, 09:56 PM
- By Unbreakable in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 01-16-2003, 12:02 AM