Do walking Lunges !!

Blacksmith

Awards
Add this right after your 3-4 sets of squats.

Walking Lunges-

This exercise works the Quadriceps, Hamstrings, and Buttocks.

1. Stand, feet together, a dumbbell in each hand.

2.Take a giant step with your right foot, bending your knees so
your right thigh is parallel to the floor and right knee is directly
above your ankle.

3. Bring your left foot forward to meet your right, then take a
giant step with your left foot.

Take 20 steps forward, then turn around and take 20 steps back to starting position. Beginners should do one set; others should do 3-4.

If you squat around 315 use 50 lb dumbells.
You'll be lucky to complete 2 out of 4 without dropping
to the ground at least once.
Have someone drive you home after this workout... LOL

Then finish with 3-4 sets of stiff leg dead lifts. If you can

Did I say finish ?
Don't forget the hack squats !

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Got to love the walking lunges.. great exercises.. I also love the Hammer strength lunge machine..

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Got to love the walking lunges.. great exercises.. I also love the Hammer strength lunge machine..
i only do shrugs with the HS lunge machine. only semi-ass part is that if you want to use the lower handle (which feels more natural), you have to deadlift it up from the ground up and when you shruggin' more than you dead...a hassle to ask someone else to help get that up. And nyu's gym is a freaking box and pretty damn small so i do side lunges with bb to work the inner thighs.....i try to stick with squats and more ...squats. but walking lunges is solid to add on

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Ive been working on adding these in already but I will certainly get going on this ASAP.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I have been thinking of adding these when I'm done with GVT. I've always seen them, but never did them (I guess I pussed out :D ) I saw Ronnie Coleman do them in his video on leg day with 135 on a bar, enough said :D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I would be doing more squats myself.. except for a small back problem that keeps me from doing them now.. :D  I have to agree with the HS on the shrugging motion you have to do. Not bad when you are doing lunges but a bitch any other time.

Blacksmith

Awards
Ive been working on adding these in already but I will certainly get going on this ASAP.
Hey Bro,

I just did three sets today after squats and the pump
was so intense afterwards, I couldn't walk.
Used 45,40,35 lb dumbells, could not do the 4th set,
guess I'm getting old :D

Hey,
if I don't talk to you,
Have a Happy New Year !!

institutional

Awards
lunges are the truth. i prefer doing them on the smith machine. one leg at at a time. my gym is so packed, i dont really want to bother with the walking dumbell lunges. however they are both awesome.

DarCSA

Awards
I have never done the lunges that you bros speak of. But hey I will start to give it a try. They can only help make me bigger and stronger so what the hell why not do it.