Exercise after diet cheating

T

ticktwo

Awards
By no means am I advocating a "Cheat and Fix" approach to diet but am curious about the best way to handle a diet screwup.

If you cheat on your diet either by eating more (family bar-b-que) or eating crap you shouldn't (birthday cake anyone!) what is the best method of attack the following day:

On the one hand I would think going to the gym and hitting your cardi extra hard or adding an extra session of cardio would be the right thing to do. Might help kick up your metabolisim to churn through the junk.

On the other hand I would think that you should hit the weights extra hard, maybe add in extra sets of a lagging body part to use the extra calories to fuel muscle growth.

Anyone have any ideas?

V

virileman44

Awards
Me personally, I just stick with routine ive been doing. Although a little extra cardio couldnt hurt.

Just my 2 cents.

KLaw666

KLaw666

Awards
they're called "cheat-meals" and are fine every now and then(as long as you're not overdoing it) As far as compensating for a cheat meal with a harder W/O. . . . . . if it makes you feel better, then go for it. . . . or just stick to ur diet.