while doing abs

  1. Gold Member
    DreamOfWeight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TEXAS
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,080
    Rep Power
    618

    Talking while doing abs


    When I Was Young I Was Told To Work On Abs While Blowing Out... Therefore, creating No Air In my Stomach... Ive Read Recently On This Site To Vacum My Stomach While Doing Abs....which Is Basically Sucking Air In..

    Your Opinion On The Two?

  2. Registered User
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC/MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1322

    Vacuum your stomach, not your lungs. You should be breathing out as you lift/contract/squeeze/whatever, and breathe in as you return to starting position.
  3. Gold Member
    DreamOfWeight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TEXAS
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,080
    Rep Power
    618

    oh so i guess vacuuming ur stomach really only has to do with u contracting ur stomach muscles in, as opposed to sucking in ur stomach...
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    837

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfWeight View Post
    oh so i guess vacuuming ur stomach really only has to do with u contracting ur stomach muscles in, as opposed to sucking in ur stomach...
    Creating a vaccum means removing the air.

    Vaccum sealing something involves removing the air.

    You are NOT using your mouth as a nozzle and "hoovering" air into your stomach. That would be like treating your stomach as a bag to be filled.

    Instead you are expelling air and creating what is known as a vaccum within your stomach...a space empty of matter...or in this case air.

  5. Gold Member
    DreamOfWeight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TEXAS
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,080
    Rep Power
    618

    Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Creating a vaccum means removing the air.

    Vaccum sealing something involves removing the air.

    You are NOT using your mouth as a nozzle and "hoovering" air into your stomach. That would be like treating your stomach as a bag to be filled.

    Instead you are expelling air and creating what is known as a vaccum within your stomach...a space empty of matter...or in this case air.


    well, i know what vaccuming is... but there is a diffrence between blowing out all of ur air...and vacuming ur stomach... i wanted to know which is more benificial while doing abs, since ive heard different stories...and thanks for ur time
  6. Registered User
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    837

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfWeight View Post
    well, i know what vaccuming is... but there is a diffrence between blowing out all of ur air...and vacuming ur stomach... i wanted to know which is more benificial while doing abs, since ive heard different stories...and thanks for ur time
    The red pills are more beneficial.

    How the f@ck did I get sucked into this stupid thread!
  7. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post

    Who can do this?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  8. Registered User
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Rep Power
    11113

    Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    The red pills are more beneficial.

    How the f@ck did I get sucked into this stupid thread!
    Indeed
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. Registered User
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,977
    Rep Power
    1573

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Indeed
    The red pill duh
  10. Gold Member
    DreamOfWeight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TEXAS
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,080
    Rep Power
    618

    i take em both....only cuz i like to party
  11. jng
    jng is offline
    Registered User
    jng's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    82

    the muscle you contract recieves the most stimuli leading to most muscle growth
  12. Registered User
    TheChosen1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Living In a Van down by the Lake
    Age
    52
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    21998

    Post


    That form of breathing is for all muscle group exercises, not just abs.
    TheChosen12012 A.P.F California State Champion& 2 Class Record Holder (Deadlifts)
  •   

      
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in