Anyone squat twice a week??
- 03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
- 5'11" 178 lbs.
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
The hardest part of the front squat is getting used to the bar across your shoulders. It takes a long time to get used especially when you start adding real weight.
There are 2 grips you can take. One grip is the clean grip where you grip it like a clean before you unrack. The other is an arms cross grip which I'm not sure why people do, you'll have to ask someone who does them that way.
Personally I get more depth on front squats than I do with back squats but I can only use a powerlifting stance with back squats.
Just remember that since front squats concentrate mainly on your quads you'll probably lift significantly less weight or at least I do.
back squat = 345
front squat = 245
- 03-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the pointers. I'll definitely start out with light weight (or the railed/assisted bb) to get the form down. Yeah, most guys I see doing them use the arms cross grip...
I believe that so far the most I've done with back squat is 235...
I'm 6'2, ~195 (finally... couldn't break 190 till i started doing legs!)
Similar Forum Threads
- By bigironkiller in forum Workout LogsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-04-2010, 01:44 AM
- By athletor in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 4Last Post: 01-06-2010, 01:30 PM
- By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 16Last Post: 04-11-2009, 09:11 PM
- By BigKrabbe in forum Workout LogsReplies: 38Last Post: 06-12-2008, 11:30 AM
- By LakeMountD in forum Training ForumReplies: 22Last Post: 08-01-2005, 01:09 PM