Different kind of training.... - AnabolicMinds.com

Different kind of training....

1. Advanced Member

Different kind of training....

This training split is nothing like I have ever seen/utilized before.  I have no idea of what to call it.  But I must say when I first saw it on www.gotfina.com in the thread called something like "squats/deadlifts EOW okay?" (EOW is Every Other Workout)...I saw the split and over time (a couple of weeks) I realized that this was a similar split that I used over the summer (I was spending a lot of time with friends and at work so I was physiaclly tired from work and did not want to risk over-training/under-recouperation seeing as I was already on a reduced calorie diet) so I lifted every 3 days or so just to maintain strength.

Here's the split:

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">&nbsp;<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN>

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">Everything was 1 set to fail.
    1) fly super-set w/ incline db
    flat db press
    pullover super-set w/ underhand pull downs
    wide cable rows
    deads

3 days off

2) Leg-extentions super-set leg press
    calf raises

3 days off

3) side lats
    overhead db
    rear delt fly
    curls
    push downs supers-set with&nbsp;dips

3 days off

4) squats
    calf raises

3 days off

1)db press
    incline
    under pull down
    row
    shrugs</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"><o></o></SPAN>

The squat and deadlift are (after a good warmup on a treadmill or bike) one set of 20 reps to failiure, meaning you are dead @ 20 reps, also alternate your leg exercises...squats one workout, deads (full&nbsp;range of motion, no half or partial&nbsp;movements there)&nbsp;the next. And on all exercises do one set to failiure, extremely heavy (6-8 reps, with the exception of squats and deadlifts do one set of 20 reps for those)

Notice how you work the legs every 8 days and arms, chest and back every 16 days??

This would be a hard split to start/continue due to most peoples phychological addiction to exercise...

but after careful thought, I found this split to be more convienient because less time was spent in the gym and I had more time to persue my other interests (i.e. lifeguarding, friends, etc etc)., Even on a reduced calorie diet (and a ****ty diet at that) no supplements (no creatine, PH's, liver tabs) except for some weight gainer (used at half dose as a meal replacement 2-3x/week) and ECA 1-2x/day, I made strength gains&nbsp;on all exercises, especially back exercises since I was swimming so much.

I believe that with this split you are giving all muscle groups ample time to recover between sessions and weight/strength gains will be progressive and constant.

&nbsp;

Feel free to add comments..

&nbsp;

LG.

2. Advanced Member

Lets bump this up a little bit

&nbsp;

LG.
  3. Banned

Seems to be undertraining to me. Training arms every 16 days, dont expect to grow very much. This is probably the weekend warriors workout routine "I lift when I get a chance, not very often though"

20 reps of deads and squats are a bit much for me also, but to each his own.
    •   

4. New Member

I agree with YJ, definate undertraining. LG you're a ecto like me.................dont go near this type of training.

Peace

Bone
  5. New Member

dude seriously try out the max-ot training program that i posted....youll definitly love the ****! At least i do!
  6. New Member

Have any of you ever heard about "DC (doggrapp) Training"? It is talked about on Animal's Board but I have been unable to find it in full any where.
  7. Registered User

ok thats mentzers heavy duty approach u just list with the exception of it being 4 days off and no bs dbells inclines its straight up incline benches..someone ripped the man off hardcore..u want my opinion of mentzer read my quote and if u disagree kool good luck to u
  8. New Member

There is merit to Mike Mentzer's training. Every 16 days is a little too long. I used to train each bodypart once every 8 days, 1 set to failure. Whole body in two sessions. This was while I worked in a physical labor job, so I couldn't do the volume I could now(plus I wasn't using androgens.)
  9. New Member

I don't agree with you on the Mentzer routine not being effective. It always has been for me- I've used it for years and it's the only one that is logical- whenever I stopped making progress, I'd go back to the principles of HIT and begin gaining again. Lately I feel I've hit a plateau and can't seem to make myself grow. Maybe I've reached "the upper limits of my physical potential", but I hope not as my arms are only 18 inches pumped.

I do, however, like your username- nice to see Christians on the board.

Similar Forum Threads

1. A different kind of protein powder.
    By airram479 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 08:02 AM
  2. different kind of superdrol?
    By ammoarsenal in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 11:29 PM
  3. A different kind of HyperPump log
    By poison in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3