- 03-11-2008, 10:15 PM
- 03-13-2008, 03:59 PM
A good way to maintain muscle is to go heavier and reduce the reps. That gives the body a reason to keep the muscle, while at the same time cementing the gains.
If you want to increase endurance as well, I'd do a strength portion at the beginning of a workout, say 5x5, and then follow up with your endurance stuff. If you do JUST endurance you could likely lose muscle, but if you combine it with the strength it can help prevent muscle loss.
Similar Forum Threads
- By btan in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 02-15-2015, 05:04 PM
- By truth34 in forum BulkingReplies: 13Last Post: 10-01-2012, 01:30 AM
- By dbgonzo24 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 9Last Post: 04-05-2012, 04:11 PM
- By natedogg151 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 12-26-2009, 11:06 AM
- By cassiusclay in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 03-07-2008, 09:31 AM