Working the Bicep Near the elbow

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Ok My problem is i have like a 1 inch gap between my bicep and my elbow and I would like to fill that gap. So any tips/ suggestions on working the bicep near the elbow will be greatly appreciated......Thanks

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Use full range of motion,and get the bi's as big as possible.The gap is due to insertion point of muscle,nothing you can do about that.I have heard people say the gap seems to get smaller as they get bigger.I haven't noticed a change in mine.Maybe i don't pay attention to it enough,you shouldn't either.You are more likely to have a peak though,due to short muscle bellies.

amicold

Awards
If it makes sense...you can't really do much, this is your insertion point, but as the muscle grows the gap will obviously appear smaller when flexed as your peak moves in closer towards it.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If it makes sense...you can't really do much, this is your insertion point, but as the muscle grows the gap will obviously appear smaller when flexed as your peak moves in closer towards it.
And as your forearms get bigger,use straps only when needed,and throw in some behind the back wrist curls,hammer curls work the top of forearm pretty good.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the feedback guys....My biceps are definetly my weak point so im just gonna have to hammer them hard...My biceps never get sore so i guess i just need to figure out the best way to stimulate them so i get some growth

ono

ono

Awards
Appreciate the feedback guys....My biceps are definetly my weak point so im just gonna have to hammer them hard...My biceps never get sore so i guess i just need to figure out the best way to stimulate them so i get some growth
Incline dumbell curls.

Lie down on a bench (at a 45 degree angle - incline)

Arms down by side, wrists facing outwards, without moving the position of your arms and without lifting your elbows up, lift the weight, squeeze at the top, and slowly bring it back down again.

I personally swear by these, i never used to get sore in the bicep after training. I do now and the growth thats resulted from adding this one move has been very good.

The idea behind it is, your putting your biceps in their weakest position and by turning your wrists outwards your taking as much strain of off your forearms as possible.....which leads to more bicep involvement.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I have these rotated in my spilt....... The only time i seem to feel a great amount of stress on my bicep is when i do the fascia stretch...I am thinking about doing alot of reverse grip as it seems when my wrist is in the reverse grip position the gap between my bicep is filled. I know by doing reverse grip you target more forearm and brachialis but im gonna try it out and see what happens.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
IMO, biceps are one of the muscles that responds very well to tempo lifting (TUT). On every bicep exercise, take 4 seconds to lower the weight, no pause at bottom, 2 seconds to raise, 1 sec pause at top. Repeat.

4-0-2-1 tempo. 10 reps should get you 70 sec. of TUT per set. That is excruciating.

I do a combo of DB hammer, BB preacher, and incline DB.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that shakes....That is what i have been reading the only muscle that really responds to the negative is the bicep