Pain in arm from pulldowns

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Today while doing sets of latpull downs I was doing my 2nd set of 260 and felt a sharp pain in my right arm. From what I can find the lateral head is the only thing near there no? I also could only perform 2 reps of 275 on bb rows before I had to drop the weight because the pain was intense. I'll inlcude 2 pics of bi/tri and the pain is in the pen circle. This has to be a self diagnose and treat because the doc is out of the question due to ZERO funds. So far I plan, ya plan ( good luck with that) to take next week off from lifting and just do some cardio.

Excuse the arm, I had no idea they were that fat

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
def need the time off.I would start doing pullups instead of pulldowns they force you to be strict,and besides,pulldowns are for people who can't do pullups,some bb's start doing pulldowns once they get to the 300lb bodyweight range cause then their supossively not safe,prob just don't want to admit that they can't do them anymore cause of their turtle shells(gut with abs)Once you get back to it,and realise how much better the pullups are,feel free to thank me:)

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Hey man I have had pain there before and (in my opinion) I had changed my form slightly..

What happened was when I was pulling down I was just slightly rotating my arms back towards my body.. this is really hard to explain in words.. Put your arms up like your about to do a pulldown, then imagine somebody puts their left hand on the right side of your right elbow and their right hand on the left side of your wrist on the same arm and pushed.. I know that is a rotational term for this lol..

anyways rotating the arm that way stresses that area in my experience and can cause pain! (if you understood that outrageous explanation I just tried to give)

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Iv been doing pullups, but the past 2 weeks iv been lazy. I guess back to pullups? Im little f'ped right now so Ill re read the thread tmw :)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Most people cheat on pulldowns,they lean back and use momentum to get the stack going.I have never seen someone cheat on a pull up,i think it's impossible,and many times cheating can lead to injury,you put your body in an awkward,unnatural position.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
On pulldowns I may lean back the more tired I get but I never use momentum. I use the nuetral grip and try to keep my arms close to my side, dont know if that has to do with anything. Week off of lifting I guess then back to pullups, even though I hate em.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hurt my lower back when i started using straps.I stoped doing anything that i had to bend over for.Sq's were fine but deads and rows got impossible,so i used cables for my back for a couple weeks and it went away.Hasn't been back since and this was a while ago.I know it came from heavy partial deads(love the idea,but cause pain everytime)and"too"heavy stiff leg deads.So now i don't do either.The pain would get a little worse on both exercises but i tried to work through it,and then it got bad,even bothered me all day.Maybe you'll be able to figure out exactly what is causing it and go from their,like when i do partial deads i feel the slight annoying pain that progressed to bad pain i went to do a barbell row,and knew i needed to let it heal.So give it time and listen to you're bodies warning signs