Low arches and squatting
- 08-12-2003, 09:37 PM
- 08-12-2003, 10:35 PM
It might be.. you can get inserts for your shoes that might take some of the pain away from you shins. If it were me, I might see if I could get an appointment with an orth. doctor to discuss this.. but you might want to make sure you get one that has had some experience with sports and lifting...
08-13-2003, 12:00 PM
I also have the nearly-flat feet. I got inserts just as Matthew D says, and it does help tremendously, although I never had as bad a problem with my knees as that.
08-17-2003, 04:41 PM
If you cant get the inserts right away you can try placing a black mat (most gyms have them) just under your heel. this will make you lean a little more forward taking the pressure off your shin.
are you squatting right? since I can't watch your technique its hard to come to a good conclusion to this problem.
08-18-2003, 10:28 PM
I tried wearing hiking boots instead of basketball shoes and that seemed to help alot. Also I think that my flexability was a problem, since i've been stretching more squats are alot smoother.
Similar Forum Threads
- By nodgodbod in forum Training ForumReplies: 68Last Post: 06-02-2013, 10:48 PM
- By The Paper Route in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 01-02-2006, 11:12 PM
- By pcn in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:01 AM
- By MaDmaN in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 03-01-2005, 05:49 PM
- By orvise in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:33 PM