Low arches and squatting
- 08-12-2003, 07:37 PM
- 08-12-2003, 08:35 PM
It might be.. you can get inserts for your shoes that might take some of the pain away from you shins. If it were me, I might see if I could get an appointment with an orth. doctor to discuss this.. but you might want to make sure you get one that has had some experience with sports and lifting...
- 08-13-2003, 10:00 AM
I also have the nearly-flat feet. I got inserts just as Matthew D says, and it does help tremendously, although I never had as bad a problem with my knees as that.
08-17-2003, 02:41 PM
If you cant get the inserts right away you can try placing a black mat (most gyms have them) just under your heel. this will make you lean a little more forward taking the pressure off your shin.
are you squatting right? since I can't watch your technique its hard to come to a good conclusion to this problem.
08-18-2003, 08:28 PM
I tried wearing hiking boots instead of basketball shoes and that seemed to help alot. Also I think that my flexability was a problem, since i've been stretching more squats are alot smoother.
Similar Forum Threads
- By nodgodbod in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 69Last Post: 06-02-2013, 08:48 PM
- By The Paper Route in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 01-02-2006, 09:12 PM
- By pcn in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 03-03-2005, 07:01 AM
- By MaDmaN in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 03-01-2005, 03:49 PM
- By orvise in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:33 PM