is it ok?(HIIT)
- 01-07-2008, 09:59 PM
- 01-12-2008, 02:06 PM
That certainly depends on your goals and your current BF%... if you're really trying to shed pounds.. it's more than likely ok but keep in mind, if you're doing it 5 days, you're more than likely burning hard earned muscle along with the fat..
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
It will help out with your conditioning, but you will want to probably eat around maintenance kcals. You can easily burn 1000 kcals in a lifting and HIIT session (and that's not even factoring in EPOC).
M.Ed. Ex Phys
01-13-2008, 12:46 AM
I agree with smoundzou, depends on your goals. However, the problem of doing HIIT 5 times a week together with lifting is that you risk overtraining. You may not notice it straight away but the intensity of the lifting session will suffer if you pursue this frequency of HIIT for a long time. Have you considered alternating the frequency of HIIT on a weekly basis ? 5X one week, 3X the following week, and so on? That way you: a) cycle HIIT, cycling is always good as it prevents the body to adapt to a particular routine, b) are less likely to overtrain
Similar Forum Threads
- By WATERLOGGED in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2005, 11:19 PM
- By hethcliff in forum AnabolicsReplies: 8Last Post: 02-17-2005, 07:15 PM
- By sugar4salt in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 10-05-2004, 11:06 PM
- By Grant in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-17-2004, 05:24 PM
- By corteztk1982 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 17Last Post: 11-17-2003, 12:36 AM