Golds Gym Training Suggestions...Interesting

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Golds Gym

I found this in a book at work and I tore the page out and thought Id share it with you guys.....These are a few suggestions Golds Gym offers to those who want to maximize workouts and hypertrophy.....

*For someone training 1 year or less

• 2-3 bodyparts per workout
  • 4 sets (after you warm up) for biceps, triceps, calves & abs
  • 6-8 sets (after warm-ups) for quads, hamstrings, back, chest & shoulders
  • 8-10 reps max- Controlled, unassisted reps
1-2 years training Experience

• 1-2 body parts per workout
  • 6 sets for biceps, triceps, calves & abs
  • 8 sets for thighs, back, chest, & shoulders
  • 8-10 controlled, unassisted reps, preferably 8 slow reps
2+ years training

• 2-4 sets for biceps, triceps, calves & abs
  • 4-8 sets for thighs, back, chest & shoulders
  • 6-12 reps on average
This to me looks like a bit of under training, but if you read the articles they provide they give examples of success stories for utilizing just enough weight/sets/reps to cause hypertrophy, Id be interested in having a regular person try these guidelines for a 60 day period to see what results they had.....

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
And just what are you doing looking for a "regular" person here? :D

ManBeast

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Golds Gym

I found this in a book at work and I tore the page out and thought Id share it with you guys.....These are a few suggestions Golds Gym offers to those who want to maximize workouts and hypertrophy.....

2+ years training

• 2-4 sets for biceps, triceps, calves & abs
  • 4-8 sets for thighs, back, chest & shoulders
  • 6-12 reps on average
This to me looks like a bit of under training, but if you read the articles they provide they give examples of success stories for utilizing just enough weight/sets/reps to cause hypertrophy, Id be interested in having a regular person try these guidelines for a 60 day period to see what results they had.....
They are confused about the required sets in a few areas. Chest and shoulders, esp shoulders do not need a lot of sets.
Calves on the other hand, well.. you can't hardly do too many sets. They list 2-4 for calves. Arnold recommended 10 sets of 10 reps for calves, and stated you could work calves and forearms twice as often as any other bodypart.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Golds Gym Training Suggestions...Interesting

They are confused about the required sets in a few areas. Chest and shoulders, esp shoulders do not need a lot of sets.
see, i didnt say anything about the shoulder cuz if i have one true flaw in my routine, is that i work too many sets for shoulders (front, side, rear) for example, im in the middle of german volume and ive got chest/shoulders on one day (i know....im killing my external rotator and front side delts) Using bench (incline,decline, flat...switching it every workout) and military or behind neck press. :rolleyes: I know i know.. most gvt outline a routine where maybe 3 sets of shoulders is put along with arms or some other day...but what can i do (dont answer that)

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Re: Golds Gym Training Suggestions...Interesting

see, i didnt say anything about the shoulder cuz if i have one true flaw in my routine, is that i work too many sets for shoulders (front, side, rear) for example, im in the middle of german volume and ive got chest/shoulders on one day (i know....im killing my external rotator and front side delts)
You have to hit the delts from every angle, just drop the number of total sets, and warm up thoroughly to prevent rotator cuff injury.
Using bench (incline,decline, flat...switching it every workout) and military or behind neck press. :rolleyes: I know i know.. most gvt outline a routine where maybe 3 sets of shoulders is put along with arms or some other day...but what can i do (dont answer that)
Most guys who have a couple of years lifting experience, have built enough lower chest from flat bench. You never see anyone with an overdeveloped UPPER chest. I feel the flat bench is a braggart's exercise, and now do incline first, and stick on some flat bench if I have any steam left. Just as with shoulder movements, it is extremely important to thoroughly warm up doing benches. If this pre-exhausts the chest and you can't throw as much weight around after, who cares. Time to show off is at the beach. :)

sparky101

sparky101

Awards
I am a one body part per day, however bi's and tri's one day...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
HOLY BUMP a 4 year old thread Batman! :)

CROWLER

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Wow - this has to be THE oldest thread bump I've ever seen.

Nearly a 5 year old post.
(This thread had to have been created not long after the board was created.)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen a lot of Yellow jacket threads bumped over the past month or so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DonnieM Anabolics 1
jimmywst Supplements 13
holyintellect General Chat 29
General Chat 5
sparky101 Pics 2