Overtraining? Opinions please.

disciple76

disciple76

Awards
I've been working out for over 10 years. Since I've been deployed to Iraq, there has been great opportunity for me to try new routines, try more supplements, and start my first PH cycle next week. Anyway, I wanted some opinions on if anyone thinks I'm overtraining. This is my current split:

Mon:Back, light Bi's (3 sets, high reps)
Tue:Chest, light Tri's (3 sets, high reps)
Wed:Legs
Thurs:Shoulders
Fri:Arms

For each primary bodypart, I'm doing 4 exercises, 4 sets each. (10,8,6,6), Resting 1 min. between sets.

It doesn't feel like overtraining, since I only end up spending about 30 minutes per bodypart. I guess it comes down to what works and what doesn't.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I've been working out for over 10 years. Since I've been deployed to Iraq, there has been great opportunity for me to try new routines, try more supplements, and start my first PH cycle next week. Anyway, I wanted some opinions on if anyone thinks I'm overtraining. This is my current split:

Mon:Back, light Bi's (3 sets, high reps)
Tue:Chest, light Tri's (3 sets, high reps)
Wed:Legs
Thurs:Shoulders
Fri:Arms

For each primary bodypart, I'm doing 4 exercises, 4 sets each. (10,8,6,6), Resting 1 min. between sets.

It doesn't feel like overtraining, since I only end up spending about 30 minutes per bodypart. I guess it comes down to what works and what doesn't.
Nah dude, I don't believe in over training. I mean, there is a physical limit to how much one can do, but people who have trouble with "overtraining" are either not eating enough, or not using good form i.e. using the entire body to do a bicep curl. Anyway, I think you have a good routine, and the key is switching it up constantly. For example if you have something that is lagging work that group instaed of doing arms twice a week. Although a day off in between wouldn't be a bad idea. I always take the day after legs off.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
If it doesn't feel like you are, and you wake up energised everyday ready to hit the gym, you probably aren't. Overtraining = over-rated, but that is only my opinion. :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Nah dude, I don't believe in over training. I mean, there is a physical limit to how much one can do, but people who have trouble with "overtraining" are either not eating enough, or not using good form i.e. using the entire body to do a bicep curl. Anyway, I think you have a good routine, and the key is switching it up constantly. For example if you have something that is lagging work that group instaed of doing arms twice a week. Although a day off in between wouldn't be a bad idea. I always take the day after legs off.

When referring to "overtraining", it is the CNS that is the real issue. Buring out your CNS can effect growth, recovery, mood, libido etc.