Temporary routine to gain back strength

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Since I can't do any squats, I think I'm going to do a 1 on/1 off routine. On my off days, I'll do cardio.

On Day 1 of the week, I'll do back, which includes sumo deads (can't do conventional right now due to ankle injury), lat pulldown, and seated rows. Keeping weight light to gain back a lot of the strength I lost.

On the second day, will do clean and jerk, bench press, incline press, DB standing shoulder press, upright rows, modified lateral raises described above.

Repeat.

This will be my workout for the next 3-4 weeks, then I may switch it up.

I'm really wanting to get back to doing squats, it's my favorite exercise.

Do you guys think my routine looks alright? I'm trying to keep it to mainly compound lifts.

If I really like this routine, I may make it more permanent. I tried the clean and jerk last week and really liked it. I'm going to start training for functional strength, overall health, and maybe speed as well, so this is why I'm going to incorporate cleans and a few other things to my workout, but I'm going to gradually get into it.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Had a good workout today. High HR throughout the whole thing. For the next 2-3 months, I'm going to try to gain back whatever strength I lost, but make sure to have the majority of my workouts revolved around compound and explosive exercises.

Did 6 sets of clean and jerk, 5 sets of light bench press, 5 sets of front squats (only used the bar since ankle is still messed up), and 3 sets of clean and press. I'm really digging the cleans because it makes me really tired, even though the weight is light.

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
I might suggest that you discard the upright rows from your routine.. Very hard on the RC and IMO it's only a matter of time before you get injured.. I did them for 15 years problem free.. I've now had serious impingement issues for over a decade.. thanks to upright rows..

Since I can't do any squats, I think I'm going to do a 1 on/1 off routine. On my off days, I'll do cardio.

On Day 1 of the week, I'll do back, which includes sumo deads (can't do conventional right now due to ankle injury), lat pulldown, and seated rows. Keeping weight light to gain back a lot of the strength I lost.

On the second day, will do clean and jerk, bench press, incline press, DB standing shoulder press, upright rows, modified lateral raises described above.

Repeat.

This will be my workout for the next 3-4 weeks, then I may switch it up.

I'm really wanting to get back to doing squats, it's my favorite exercise.

Do you guys think my routine looks alright? I'm trying to keep it to mainly compound lifts.

If I really like this routine, I may make it more permanent. I tried the clean and jerk last week and really liked it. I'm going to start training for functional strength, overall health, and maybe speed as well, so this is why I'm going to incorporate cleans and a few other things to my workout, but I'm going to gradually get into it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hyperextensions, Glute-Ham Raises, DB Rows, and Lunges should be thrown in there somewhere, not everytime, but for variety.