HST for me, can i handle the sets?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%

I might just toss military press out and see what side raises do for me.

2. E-BOLLER
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.58%

I've been on it for a while now too and the only thing that I've found works for me comparably is HIT. I'm one workout away from going down to five rep sets.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.94%

Hey, just wanted to make a few quick notes for you guys. One: SD is absolutely vital. Too many people don't take a long enough SD or don't SD properly, and when they give HST it's first go it ends up a fairly significant failure. So do yourself a favor and SD long and properly.

Second: Bigger increments, in most people, make for better gains. Repeating weights is allowed, so that you could say do 120, 120, 130 instead of 120, 125, 130.

Third: Big note for anyone who did high volume and is switching to this routine, do yourself a favor and make sure that you're overall weekly total of sets per body part(9 sets for back, etc) is close to what you're used to doing on your usual once a week routine. This is the other main reason why many people switching to HST have poor results.

I've personally been experimenting with HST since early '02, and have successfully helped quite a few good friends switch from their old routines (gvt, hit, edt, ah-nold) to HST with phenomenal results. Also had friends with not so phenomenal results, but in general it was the result of making a mistake on one of my three previous notes. Once that was sorted, just more success stories. I can't recommend this routine highly enough. If you get stumped on anything regarding the routine I guarantee myself, or someone over at that hst forum have seen it before and would be more than willing to help figure it out. I'll stop there, but if ya have any questions feel free to pm me or post 'em

G'luck and happy lifting..
    - B
    •   

4. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

i've got two more lbs under my belt in 7 days or so... kinda shocked since i had to miss a workout when i went to tampa, FL on vacation with the girlfriend (damn rain)

i've already got my fina cooked up (correctly this time) and i have gotten dazed's kit for using synovex on my cow; just gotta pick up a bottle of heet
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%

I started reading a lot of the guys posts on that site and it seems most people suggest sticking with the compound movements.. anyway i think im going to give this a shot.. was just curious wat you guys thought of this routine

for my first 2 weeks the 15's would go like this
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Squat 2x15
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Deadlift 2x15
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Incline Bench 1x15
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Flat Bench 1x15
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Close Grip Bench 2x15 alt with one arm extensions 1x15
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Bent Over Row 2x15
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Barbell Curl 2x15 alt with hammers 2x15
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Military Press 2x15
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Shrugs 1x15

seems kinda strange doing same amount of sets for bi's, tri's, chest, and back i dunno and suggestions?
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Just wanted to drop a line here and say that Im starting an HST program after looking for a way to break the little plateau Im currently on. Im working a lot now, so I dont have time to spend all kinds of time super-setting and using other traditional 'shock' methods.

I took a week off from training and just today I went to gym to figure out all my 15 rep max's. I havent felt that good in a long time! The full body pump was great, Im really looking foward to the next 6 weeks.

BigV

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 07:48 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 04:54 PM
  3. can someone break this down for me
    By oswizzle in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 03:41 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 11:45 AM