Forearm pain during preacher curls

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Good info guys. I agree. I still feel there is no doubt that poor form (individual, not general) and weak muscles or supporting muscles could contribute to or accelerate and pain injury or inflammation. The big issue with diagnosing any issue with the human body is the vast number of differences in the anatomy between and two people. Everyone has arms and legs and bodies but the bits and pieces can be so different it's impossible to have a catch all solution for anyone one problem.

Ax, I'm sure you've gone over a ton of things with the mil press, and I don't believe it's a necessary exercise, but possible a overly dominantly chest is pulling your shoulders and elbows forward and putting your should joints In an unnatural range of rotation. Just a thought. I have probably one of the worst injuries I could have dreamed of that I am struggling with right now so, I understand that being limited sucks.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

2. My general issue seems to stem from hyper flexibility and loose joints. Every joint in my body has a much wider degree of movement than it should naturally. I need to be extremely careful about my range of motion as my joints take great damage from seemingly harmless movements.

@Countryliftin-Great insight though. Like you mentioned, everyone is different and we need to keep ourselves informed about what is best for our body in particular.

We need to continually assess and re-asses how particular exercises effect us. Remember that even Doctors PRACTICE medicine. You don't always get it right on the first time! It may take years of trial and error before we figure out the right path. The best solution for any injury is practicing prevention!
    •   

3. I took a break from actually doing preacher curls (roughly 3 weeks) and outside of EZ bar preacher curls the pain is gone. Today I started griping the EZ bar almost like a straight bar. Placing the outer most curve of the bar in center of my palm, wrapping my fingers around the curve and performing the exercise. Its a little bit harder to grip that way but if you have bigger hands you should be able to do it. I still have a very minor ache but its much better than what I was experiencing before.

@CountryLifting When i said "you assume to much" i didn't mean it in a negative way at all, I appreciate the advice. I only meant that I'm sorta a big dummy and to assume I'm doing anything correctly would be a misstep

@Storm You might be a genius, my arms sick out so far it actual looks absurd when I pose in the mirror compared to what the norm is.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ClintCanada View Post
    When I do preacher curls with an e-z curl bar (wide/narrow grip doesn't matter) I get serious pain along most of the length of my forearms. The pain is on the inside of the forearm on side of your pinky finger (not sure if this is beside the radius or ulna). Anyways -- just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what seems to cause it and what you've done -- have you quit preacher curls entirely ??

Thanks
    I used to get the same thing. Started working my forearms and within like two weeks it was gone. After that my curls shot up and I started to get wrist pain at the bottom of dropping my arms downward. I do wrist exercises about once a week and tried using gloves which have both helped. Now I f*ck sh*t up.

5. yah id say you have tendonitis i have it to just work your forearms about 20-30 mins a day for 2-4 weeks then id work em once a week and stay away from barbell,ez bar, and do hammer curls instead of normal curls and id tak it easier on the gym too
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by leaver2000 View Post
    I took a break from actually doing preacher curls (roughly 3 weeks) and outside of EZ bar preacher curls the pain is gone. Today I started griping the EZ bar almost like a straight bar. Placing the outer most curve of the bar in center of my palm, wrapping my fingers around the curve and performing the exercise. Its a little bit harder to grip that way but if you have bigger hands you should be able to do it. I still have a very minor ache but its much better than what I was experiencing before.

@CountryLifting When i said "you assume to much" i didn't mean it in a negative way at all, I appreciate the advice. I only meant that I'm sorta a big dummy and to assume I'm doing anything correctly would be a misstep

@Storm You might be a genius, my arms sick out so far it actual looks absurd when I pose in the mirror compared to what the norm is.
    hahaha i try my best....yea i look foolish when i try to stand in the anatomical position...im glad it feels better but just be careful and try to use more DBs. while it may feel good its likely to flare up faster since youre still recovering

7. Try keeping your wrists supinated and relax your forearms, had the same problem, just got to exsperiment with it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Forearm pains from Bicep Curls???
    By Red9 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-30-2012, 08:12 PM
  2. preacher curls and wrist/forearm pain?
    By gaijininjapan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 03:04 PM
  3. Pain in forearms while doing bb curls.
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 11:57 AM
  4. Elbow Pain during BB Preachers
    By nevermore507 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 09:05 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 11:27 PM