Straightened up with 405

hemotep

woofuckinhooo, finaly deadlifted 405, not once but twice. Never could straighten all the way up with it before...i know its not much to some of ya monsters, but its enough to make a 185 lb ecto happy till next week.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job.. 405 is a good dead in my department..

db682

Awards
  • Established
That is a hell of a lift bro. Congrats. 185 to 405 is a good ratio. That would mean, If I calculated right, Id have to lift about 510. **** that. I hate loading that much on the leg press let alone this would be a bar on the floor plus another partial body lift afterwards. Smile bro, you deserve it.

Keep it up bro,
db

db682

Awards
  • Established
I guess you guys have noticed, I think racking is the worst part of lifting. To time consuming. I need a little midget, gimp forsay, to follow me around and rack for me. Especially on squat rack and leg press. My gym is very strick on racking policies and they get pissed if you even leave 10 pounds on a bar. But what can you do. RACK IT!!

db

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
racking is horrible.... especially having to do so after deads. lower back just crys out "what the heck you doing to me??"
405 nothing to shy away from bra. Im in similar bodyweight and when i hit 405, i was telling everyone, their mothers, relatives, and pets. Good job.
Sage

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
405 is awesome bro....you should be proud! keep up the good work!

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Congrats man! Nice work!

That optical illusion avatar is nice....lol

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
405 is big for anyone man, good job!! The funny thing about my gym is no one does deads....no one. I load up the bar and they look at me like I'm crazy ;) :D

hemotep

I always get out of racking by running down stairs when i see this goup of big guys come in...they always use the powerlifting room....I just sneak down, and finish my sets just as they walk in....Im happy cause I dont have put the weights up, and they're happy the bars already loaded.

405 made me dizzy...and I also found out that purple isnt a good color on me.

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
Weird about deadlifts...

I used to lift 405 3 years ago when I was 200. Now I'm 215, and my strength is overall better than 3 years ago, but my dl is at a lowly 315. I don't get it. :( It's probably technique?

hemotep did you see little stars dancing in your eyes?

Do any of you guys have good links to videos for learning the proper dl technique?

hemotep

Yea, i tend to get the shiny little stars a lot, not just on deads, but most everything...i try to lift in that 4-6 rep range.

hemotep

mental

Well, i definitely believe that lifting heavy is way more mental than physical...did dead again tonight and 405 felt like 315...went up fast, no prob, not much straining...going for at leeast 425-435 on sunday

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you are on a roll here Hemotep

fsufanatik

Awards
405 is big for anyone man, good job!! The funny thing about my gym is no one does deads....no one. I load up the bar and they look at me like I'm crazy ;) :D
Yeah man, my gym is the same.. Nobody does deads and they play Britney Spears type **** :)

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established

Yeah man, my gym is the same.. Nobody does deads and they play Britney Spears type **** :)
you weave and i must workout at the same gym. one good thing tho...i usually have the power racks, etc all to myself. and i solved the BS music with a walkman.

T-Bar

Awards
Originally posted by msclbldrguy

you weave and i must workout at the same gym. one good thing tho...i usually have the power racks, etc all to myself. and i solved the BS music with a walkman.
I tried working out once with a walkman, too much of a distraction for me...

Marquis

Awards
Good job on the 405.

Well, i definitely believe that lifting heavy is way more mental than physical
I think it's especially so for deadlifts because it's a motion you've kinda done all your life. I mean, you're always picking up stuff off the ground. And then, you start psyching yourself out thinking "I can't just pick up this huge weight, can I?"

Yeah man, my gym is the same.. Nobody does deads and they play Britney Spears type ****
Minus the Britney Spears (but put other pointless music in its place) this is pretty much my gym. I work out at the gym the company I work for provides, and it's kinda pathetic (not the gym, but the people and environment). You see all these useless yuppies putting up super light poundages using bad form.

They usually look at me like I'm some kind of alien, 'cause they didn't realize that 4 plates will actually FIT on each side of the bar. ;)