Abs before Cardio for added fat loss? - AnabolicMinds.com

Abs before Cardio for added fat loss?

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Abs before Cardio for added fat loss?

I was talking with a high school friend that goes to the same gym as me and discussion came up on doing abs before cardio for more fat loss in the abdominal region. Is this true? I asked him how so and he said that when you work abs you work the muscle (obvious) and by doing cardio right after you get the fat and muscle to separate more and burn off that fat easier....something like that. I was wondering if this is a true scientific method to this. Sounds probable imo.

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump;
    I was talking with a high school friend that goes to the same gym as me and discussion came up on doing abs before cardio for more fat loss in the abdominal region. Is this true? I asked him how so and he said that when you work abs you work the muscle (obvious) and by doing cardio right after you get the fat and muscle to separate more and burn off that fat easier....something like that. I was wondering if this is a true scientific method to this. Sounds probable imo.

In general, once you start with strenuous physical exercise, such as a workout, your body burns stored sugar (glycogen) in the first twenty or so minutes before it switches to burning stored fat. This is why some exercise nutritionists recommend doing cardio after workout. At that time, glycogen stores are usually depleted and the body usually would have entered a fat-burning mode.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  3. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have read this before PP lemme see if i can dig it up where i have read it and see if they give some type of study or whatnot as to why it burns fat faster.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

thanks guys. I hear what you are saying strategic thanks for that.

Off topic but i still have a really hard time working abs, i just always put it off and do other things instead lol...its just so boring.
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Off topic but i still have a really hard time working abs, i just always put it off and do other things instead lol...its just so boring.
    I hear you. You are not alone. Try listening to your favourite songs, doing different ab exercises, and so on. I find variety helps. Have fun!
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I've gotten to enjoying using the pulley machine set at its lowest with a belt on it going around my feet and doing knee pull ins that way as an ab exercise. there are tons of different ones to try.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

im gonna make it my november resolution to do abs at least once a week lol.
  8. Diamond Member

im gonna make it my november resolution to do abs at least once a week lol.
    Have fun with it!
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post

Yea Im the same way you are. I looked through my workout log from last year I did abbs like 12 times.
  10. Advanced Member

I just see it as, do I want the abs. Iv put it off for so long that bascially I have forced myself to do it inbetween sets of rackpulls. Im worn out, sweating like crazy and pumped so I figure why sit around and cool off before the next set, do abs while waiting. Im one of those guys that gets super jacked up after a heavy lift and sweating like hell. 85 degree gym where are you!!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. When and how for max fat loss cardio?
    By KrunkChris in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
  2. For Optimal Fat Loss - HITT vs Low Intensity Cardio
    By fatburner2007 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
  3. Cardio For Maximum Fat Loss
    By TheChosen1 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 01:54 AM
  4. Question about cardio for burning fat.
    By 5111 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 10:29 PM
  5. What's best for rapid fat loss? Need info fast
    By Tbird006 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 08:23 PM