Back Pain

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
So here's the basic problem. For about the past 3-4 weeks I've started waking up to back pain...and Im refering to extreme tightness in my lower and sometimes even upper back. I've been out of the gym for the past 5-6 weeks because I recently got a new job and am still in the process of relocating to Wilmington, DE. What the hell is all the sudden causing this back pain? I've had in sleeping in my bed, in random girl's beds, on a friends couch, and on the bed I have at my Corporate apartment. It doesn't seem to discriminate between sleeping arrangements. Any ideas? If I crush core when I get finished moving and settle on a gym will that help alleviate it? I've been stretching in the morning, but its painful and then I run for 20 minutes to loosen up and get the blood flowing before getting ready for work. I also have been lifting ~3 x per week, but its half-ass bc Im using the apartment complexs "workout room" and the DBs only go up to 50.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
take some extra fish oils for their anti-inflammatory properties and maybe a small amount - 200 mg ibruprofen daily, to see if that alleviates any swelling you have. i'd also maybe look into beta alanine or taurine. BA b/c that may improve blood flow to your back.

have you seen a sports doctor or chiropractor?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I take fish oil twice daily. I haven't seen a sports doctor or chiropractor because it only started once I was away from the gym for a few weeks. I don't think its lifting related, but the again Im not a doctor. I was just curious if anyone else has had this before and if they've gotten rid of if without a doctor, i.e. more core work, certain stretching?

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
I take fish oil twice daily. I haven't seen a sports doctor or chiropractor because it only started once I was away from the gym for a few weeks. I don't think its lifting related, but the again Im not a doctor. I was just curious if anyone else has had this before and if they've gotten rid of if without a doctor, i.e. more core work, certain stretching?
it could be that you tore something. but is it a constant throbbing pain, or do you only get it in the morning? with something like this you really should consult a medical professional, b/c you don't know if it's your spine, nerve or a muscle. i would try doing core exercises if they don't hurt, as well as back stretches. google acute/ chronic back pain.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Definitely go see a doc my friend, take it from someone who will have back pain for the rest of his life. Your back is too precious to ignore.

ClintCanada

I've had some major back pains over the years -- initially caused by squatting too heavy, and a couple years ago by a new guy in our Jujitsu club who was a 275lb black belt in Judo and used to try to throw you across the room or through the floor on every throw.

Chiropractors were able to help out but not consistantly -- but I've felt great for the past 10 months and it was after I had accupuncture to treat back pain -- the accupuncturist put 2 needles in the top of my left hand and somehow it relieved the tensing up and spasming in my back muscles -- don't knock it until you try it -- in my case this worked better than anything else I'd tried.