Neck development

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
Ive just ordered a neckßhead strap. Whts the best way to train the neck, sets reps weight etc? My necks lacking so need to add some size. Thanks in advance

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
cable shrugs
upright barbell rows
low pulley rows to neck
smith machine shrugs

rawr

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
I do all them, thats why ive just ordered a neck strap. My traps are ok but my actual neck needs the strengthening...Should written more clearly, whats the best way to use this new strap?

Ross

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
You can do neck exercises on the hamstring machine. You can also put plates on your forehead/behind the head. If your gonna be doing neck curls, do light weights high reps.

Deadlifts/rack pulls also make the neck thick and strong. But you gotta move decent weight to get decent size.

camaroguy18

Awards
I can vouch for using plates on the forehead/behind the head - definitely made my neck more firm, and thickened it out a little....but as mentioned use low weight/high reps or you'll strain your neck.

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
So you mean lie on a flat bench with ur head hanging off the end and lift/lower the weight placed on your forehead?

onelife

onelife

Awards
So you mean lie on a flat bench with ur head hanging off the end and lift/lower the weight placed on your forehead?

yep!! I usually put a towel in between my head and the plate for alittle extra comfort but to each his own

and i totally bump the deadlift comment also!!

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
Sweet! Cheers people...That coupled with my new neck strap should do the trick :pose:

onelife

onelife

Awards
goodluck to a new and bigger neck in the near future :)