DAYS A WEEK of training

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.

DAYS A WEEK of training

I've always lived by the assumption that you get out of something what you put into it. ive been going almost religiously to the gym 5 to 6 days a week, being smart and working out the different muscle groups. Now im hearing from a few sources that to go only 2 days a week is more than enough for sufficient muscle growth. Strikes me as real odd but they seem adamant about their points. Any truth to this? should the number of times I go to the gym each week be altered?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

I would say alter your training regimen according to how your body reacts. for example if your working out 4 days a week and stop seeing large results you probably have reached a plateau and need to change your training schedule to add day or so more per week or just change the exercises you are doing for each muscle group. this could in turn shock your muscles out of their ordinary routine and keep them guessing what you will hit them with next.

Alternatively if you are going 5-6 days per week and don't feel like your getting enough out of your muscles think of how much your training each muscle. Is your chest day really just chest or are you indirectly working your triceps and delts as well. In this case you might need to combine multiple workouts to keep your muscles guessing. Also be careful not to overtrain, certain body parts are working for you multiple times per week just to complete other workouts. example would be triceps are worked chest day, biceps are worked back day...

Mainly my point is (without babbling on another tangent) experiment with different training regimens and figure out what is going to work best for you. Some guys like push/pull, some like upper body/lower body, some like split so on and so on. Hope this helps clear some things up. If not I might have inadvertantly confused you even more.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterFlexx View Post
    I would say alter your training regimen according to how your body reacts. for example if your working out 4 days a week and stop seeing large results you probably have reached a plateau and need to change your training schedule to add day or so more per week or just change the exercises you are doing for each muscle group. this could in turn shock your muscles out of their ordinary routine and keep them guessing what you will hit them with next.

Alternatively if you are going 5-6 days per week and don't feel like your getting enough out of your muscles think of how much your training each muscle. Is your chest day really just chest or are you indirectly working your triceps and delts as well. In this case you might need to combine multiple workouts to keep your muscles guessing. Also be careful not to overtrain, certain body parts are working for you multiple times per week just to complete other workouts. example would be triceps are worked chest day, biceps are worked back day...

Mainly my point is (without babbling on another tangent) experiment with different training regimens and figure out what is going to work best for you. Some guys like push/pull, some like upper body/lower body, some like split so on and so on. Hope this helps clear some things up. If not I might have inadvertantly confused you even more.

Amen
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by freqfly View Post
    Amen
    Don't act like you know me... I'll send those rabid fire monkeys from EastWest abu-dabi after you. They know karate.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

I'll seek Teek on your ass... he's on spray dbol n' sh*t
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by freqfly View Post
    I'll seek Teek on your ass... he's on spray dbol n' sh*t
    I warned you. Look they set your avatar on fire. Burn teek burn!!!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Wow... I done got burned
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 03:09 PM
  2. What is a good powerlifting/mass routine for 3 days a week training?
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 12:47 AM
  3. Training 3 days a week enough while on cycle?
    By DrakeC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 09:24 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 06:32 PM
  5. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 01:43 PM