best bodybuilding book?

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a great bodybuilding book. Ideally, one that covers exercises, nutrition, and has sample workouts and/or meal plans.

I've read "Gaining Mass" by Anthony Ellis...loved it. It seems to be designed more for "hard gainers" though....

What is considered to be "the bible of bodybuilding"? What has worked for you guys??? I want the best!

Thanks!

scorpiond

Awards
Arnold's Encyclopedia has to be up there, maybe not the best but definately popular and worth reading.

There's also a guy (Chad Waterbury) that writes articles at t-nation that just came out with a new one, think it's called Body Evolution. His routines are definately not typical bb routines, but interesting nonetheless.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Check out Brawn and Beyond Brawn. There are a lot of different theories in there with some really old school techniques that i think a lot of people have forgotten about.

i cant remember the name of the author but google it and you'l be sorted.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Scivation makes a few good ones. Some are online as well.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no "best" one per say. Arnold's Ency has some good stuff. Take what is useful to you from all the books and what isnt throw it away.

Hoopie

Hoopie

Awards
Building The Perfect Beast Naturaly By Eric Broser And Author L. Rae

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

Any book that has 50+ pages detailing proper squat form deserves a read. I've been lifting for 2 years seriously and this book taught me new things

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Arnold's Enc. has some cool exercises listed in their, but don't attempt most of his programs unless you carry a Pez dispenser stocked with D-Bol, just like Arnie.

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
I just purchaed, The New Rules Of Lifting... haven't had a chance to read all of it but so far seems pretty good. It also has several differnt routines listed, strength, hypertrophy etc... Might be worth looking into, I've heard nothing but good things about it....