forearms and calves

cassiusclay

Awards
to gain size for you forearms and your caves is it better to work them out every day with burn out sets or to work them out every other day with heavy weight?

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
forearms never. Heavy curls/heavy back

And to your question, no and no

HolyPower

HolyPower

Awards
Personnally, i train forearm 1 time...sometime two depending of training recovery. Cycle it, train it 1 month and stop.

Many person, said to me in the past...dont train forearm that will cause tendonis or other injury. So, during 2-3 year, i dont train forearm anytime and it's one of the biggest error i did.

If you train it correctly, dont forget that it's a small muscle, it dont need too much set...and dont overtrain it !

But very nice result ! ;)

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I think you should pay as much attention to your forearm muscles as you do to any other muscle group. Your forearms are 1/3 of your arm mass. Having a powerful a looking forearm can make your whole arm look bigger.

As far as training them goes, start out by training them once a week. I do forearms when I do the rest of my arms. I do four sets of wrist curls followed by four sets of reverse wrist curls, both with a barbell, for around 8-12 reps (depending on which set I'm on). I always like to get a full stretch in my forearms, trying to get as much muscle fiber recruitment as possible!

And as for calves, you want your leg muscles to be in proportion to the others, so having well developed calf muscles is essential to full leg development.

When I do calves, I do five sets of 15 with standing calf raises. Like forearms, and everything else, you want to get a good stretch when you're working your calves. Getting a full range of motion is really important. Don't worry about speed, or how much weight you can do, rather, focus on the feel. Since your calve muscles are used to constantly carrying the bulk of your body, you'll really have to blast them if you want them to grow. You'll know when you've really worked your calves!

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i try to train calves twice a week, they require much much more blood flow for growth and recovery...meaning for me the most painful to train. if they're not burning, they're not growin'! stretching calves is very important part of there development and helps me prevent cramping in following sets. as far as forarms...fck'em they should grow as pointed out with heavy rows and all variations of bicep curls (hammers being the best), unless you want popeye forearms then go ahead and train'em

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i train both 2-3 times a week, often 2 days in a row then one off then another....
Be careful not to train forearms before a back day though or you wont have grip for shyt.

mr j

Awards
i train forearms 4-5 times a week. diffrent weights all the time tho.

example

day 1 ill first start with 17.5 pounds and do 35-40x1 then ill get 40 pound db and do 12-15x1.

day2 assuming ur forearm is sore somewhat. ill do

25 pound db 15x1 then 35-37.5 pound db 20-25x1. so on etc etc

these muscles aint the same as others u got to do high reps in order to get them growing. calves too. switch up excercises no matter what u do u work out forearms. i put in 1/4 inch in about a month and a half to my forearm. bb.com has a good article on it if u feel like reading more

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
i train forearms 4-5 times a week. diffrent weights all the time tho.

example

day 1 ill first start with 17.5 pounds and do 35-40x1 then ill get 40 pound db and do 12-15x1.

day2 assuming ur forearm is sore somewhat. ill do

25 pound db 15x1 then 35-37.5 pound db 20-25x1. so on etc etc

these muscles aint the same as others u got to do high reps in order to get them growing. calves too. switch up excercises no matter what u do u work out forearms. i put in 1/4 inch in about a month and a half to my forearm. bb.com has a good article on it if u feel like reading more
uh no.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
wanna compare forearms? I do ZERO direct forearm work.

mr j

Awards
stupid question your asking.

genes have something to do with forearms.

height has something to do with forearms big or small go back to genes.

and being on a previous cycle does too :)

so whats the point of comparing? im giving him info on how to work on forearms and what has worked on me. right?

or please sir please please prove me wrong.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Just lift heavy and dont use straps, forearms will follow

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lee Priest doesn't do direct forearm training,but Frank Mcgrath does...........Ya'll should know who is who.And Lee does use straps.It allows you to get a better back work out cause grip will fail before your back does.

Attachments

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and both aint natural!
So how do we explain every other juicer whose forearms don't look like those?It's not train them directly,and it's not don't train them directly either.It's not the juice cause many who do juice have average forearms at best compared to the rest of their body.

The answer is genetics guys.But if your forearms suck,don't accept that as the way it is.Train them hard and make the best out of them that you can.Not every muscle can be greatness,but all can be made better.Natural or not!!!!Mine have always been pretty good but I still train them cause I love the look of those forearms up there.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
deadlift with no straps and do a calf raise at the top of your squat

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 45
agnos Injury / Rehab 16
APC80 Training Forum 16
Training Forum 1
Krampus Training Forum 7