Everything & Anything DC!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.85%

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Your taking the negative thing too literal... He made the "negative time" exaggerated, so people didn't go out there, and use **** FORM, and a fast tempo.

The point is to get a nice and controlled negative.

I would say if you want to be literal about it, a 3 second neg, is more like it..

Watch vids by Jason Wojo, his tempo is damn good..
    Thats what i read too. I think the quote i saw from Dante was go slow enough so that you could stop and reverse direction if you had to, but controlled is the key word. Im probably about a 3 second negative on most lifts. Except for calves where he says 5 secs down and hold for 10. Man those hurt.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Awesome thread...I have a little more time I need to spend rehabbing my bicep but that it's on with DC training....woohoo!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.34%

I must say I learned all sorts of new acronyms from Wednesdays lower body DC workout...:squat: I am very familiar with DOMS, but after my 225x20 widowmaker set I learned about I(mmediate)OMS and a new one just this morning, OMSTJWFGA. For people who haven't experienced the latter, it stands for Onset Muscle Soreness That Just Wont F*ckin Go Away. I am pretty sure you can google that one...
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JLM5151 View Post
    I must say I learned all sorts of new acronyms from Wednesdays lower body DC workout...:squat: I am very familiar with DOMS, but after my 225x20 widowmaker set I learned about I(mmediate)OMS and a new one just this morning, OMSTJWFGA. For people who haven't experienced the latter, it stands for Onset Muscle Soreness That Just Wont F*ckin Go Away. I am pretty sure you can google that one...
    Ya, i used to dred having to step in my car after doing widow makers.. At the time i had an EVO with a heavy ass race clutch, and it was a ****ty ride home..lol
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.23%

Ya, i used to dred having to step in my car after doing widow makers.. At the time i had an EVO with a heavy ass race clutch, and it was a ****ty ride home..lol
    EVO!?!? Mothervcker!!! I have a 2g Eagle Talon TSi AWD myself. I'd KILL for an EVO or WRX STi!! I can still walk V8's tho I am the same way man. it SUCKS driving a car with a stage 3 ACT clutch after a DC legs session.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I did some DC legs 2day. I was strapped for time. God did it hurt but I have insane vascularity in my quads right now (also first semi-high carb day)

I just got back from the movies and stitting for 2 hours and then getting up it hit me like a pillow case full of soap bars
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I also have been doing DC for nearly 3 weeks now and absolutely love it thus far (thanks to imprez for lots of help). Beat my log book the first few times, but the other day, incline smith BP, i didnt beat it. I went up 5lbs where i should have stayed the same weight and tried to beat the reps. Also i believe the incline angle was different, as i didnt have the same bench. So, i am going to try it once more and try to beat it again before i dump that exercise and move to another

I do know this, i sweat much more during these workouts than any others i have ever done. Great feeling. Oh yea, front squat widowmaker today too.....someone pray for me.
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    I also have been doing DC for nearly 3 weeks now and absolutely love it thus far (thanks to imprez for lots of help). Beat my log book the first few times, but the other day, incline smith BP, i didnt beat it. I went up 5lbs where i should have stayed the same weight and tried to beat the reps. Also i believe the incline angle was different, as i didnt have the same bench. So, i am going to try it once more and try to beat it again before i dump that exercise and move to another
    When you say you didn't beat the log book can you elaborate? What was your last time weight/reps, and what was this times?
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.99%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

I just got back from the movies and stitting for 2 hours and then getting up it hit me like a pillow case full of soap bars
    mom says you're a curly headed ****!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    mom says you're a curly headed ****!
    LMAO Thats awesome you pick'd up on that. I was wondering how long it was going to take.
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

When you say you didn't beat the log book can you elaborate? What was your last time weight/reps, and what was this times?
    Exactly,cause if you increase the weight,doesn't that count as a win?I love the dog dude.Did you see mine in my log?
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%

Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    Exactly,cause if you increase the weight,doesn't that count as a win?I love the dog dude.Did you see mine in my log?
    Thanks! Which page is ur dog on?
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

Man I searched for like 5 minutes,found it,then realised I could just post the pic.........Is yours real hyper too?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

K DC brothers. I have been cutting hardcore for the past 6 weeks. I want to start DC pronto however. I have also been easting trace carbs for a good part of this time also.

Should I take a week off from training and just work on incorperateing carbs back into my diet or say eff it and start DC and work in carbs on workout days then slowly into everyday?

I'm never going to be a high carb guy. I'll probably cap it at 300/day max without GDA's
  15. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

K DC brothers. I have been cutting hardcore for the past 6 weeks. I want to start DC pronto however. I have also been easting trace carbs for a good part of this time also.

Should I take a week off from training and just work on incorperateing carbs back into my diet or say eff it and start DC and work in carbs on workout days then slowly into everyday?

I'm never going to be a high carb guy. I'll probably cap it at 300/day max without GDA's
    Just make sure you're refreshed,rejuvenated,and fully recovered when starting it.Remember you have your blasting and cruising phases with DC.Blast usually last 6-8 weeks,then you cruise to get your 3 r's.........I believe the suggested cruise is 2 weeks right?
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

Just make sure you're refreshed,rejuvenated,and fully recovered when starting it.Remember you have your blasting and cruising phases with DC.Blast usually last 6-8 weeks,then you cruise to get your 3 r's.........I believe the suggested cruise is 2 weeks right?
    Thats the only thing I have no idea about....the cruise.
  17. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

Thats the only thing I have no idea about....the cruise.
    You just take it easy man.Lighter weights,stop just short of failure,and I might have seen one say to do 2 straight sets?IDK if the cruise is set in stone,I have seen one mention this and others said it sounded good over at IM.Just let the muscles,joints,and CNS recover so you can do it all over again!
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

Gotcha.

So I should probably workout monday and see how I feel on tuesday. I can tell when im over trained
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%

I have been eating trace carbs, and dc'ng for a while now.. No issues.

As for cruise, you can go in and go light, take totally off and just do cardio.. The point is to recoup, mentally, and physically.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

Thanks bro. I'll try a workout monday and see how I feel then go from there.

I just became a part of the board over at Intense muscle so that should help with the DC principles. I'll share any and all new info I gather from over there.
  21. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

Thanks bro. I'll try a workout monday and see how I feel then go from there.

I just became a part of the board over at Intense muscle so that should help with the DC principles. I'll share any and all new info I gather from over there.
    Beware man!I suggest you just read,and buy the DVD.Which I still need to do!It was brought up here,but the whole slow negative thing.Well this guy(bruno)has some pretty fast negatives.No way in hell could he stop and reverse it if he had to!So I ask,aren't his negs too fast?Got my head chewed off by one.Then I explained where I was comming from and that I'm just trying to learn,and others started helping.You know how "that guy" ask dumb questions in the steroid or supp section.Well if you ask a question at IM about DC,you will be "that guy."I promise you!
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%

Beware man!I suggest you just read,and buy the DVD.Which I still need to do!It was brought up here,but the whole slow negative thing.Well this guy(bruno)has some pretty fast negatives.No way in hell could he stop and reverse it if he had to!So I ask,aren't his negs too fast?Got my head chewed off by one.Then I explained where I was comming from and that I'm just trying to learn,and others started helping.You know how "that guy" ask dumb questions in the steroid or supp section.Well if you ask a question at IM about DC,you will be "that guy."I promise you!
    LOL...
  23. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

DW, are you going to bulk or cut with DC? Or recomp?
  24. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

LOL...
    Because it's true!Whats your BF%?Or state of leanness I guess.......(?)
  25. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%

Because it's true!Whats your BF%?Or state of leanness I guess.......(?)
    currently, prob around 12-13%
  26. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

currently, prob around 12-13%
    You got any pics?
  27. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%

You got any pics?
    not recent.. got one i took of my 10 months of progress...

I had been out of the gym for a year or so, and just got back in after an injury.. Trying to stay natural for the most part for another year, maybe two, but we will see..lol
    Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 07-31-2008 at 09:57 AM.
  28. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.81%

Thats good progress man.
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%

Thats good progress man.
    Thanks man!.. Just gotta try and not get hurt now..lol I always end up hurting myself doing something dumb.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    DW, are you going to bulk or cut with DC? Or recomp?
    recomp and then slowly work into a bulk. Then about decemberish (when schools out) I will look and see where Im at bf% wise and decided from there.

Thats pantera. I did an intro post over there so maybe that will help. I figured I'd start a log over there with pictures and what not and not ask questions at first. I appreciate the looking out for me. I'll remember not to ask any questions til I feel im "in" so to speak.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.83%

Wow, I can't believe it took me so long to stumble on this thread. I've been doing DC on and off for about 5 years, and am a big believer in the program. Nice to see we have a thread dedicated to it.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

^^^^ Go skers!
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Pantera....i know exactly what you are talking about and have watched and read through the same thread. I saw the videos of bruno too and myself thought he was going a little too fast, especially on the rack chins, but i didnt say anything. Like u say, if u ask anything over there, u pretty much get ripped (even if you have searched for 3 yrs and read every thread and sticky 14times over. It doesnt matter.

34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Also pantera and others. Imprez knows DC very well....and im actually starting to get a good grasp on it. If you have any questions, shoot them here, i will make sure to try and answer for ya.

Also, ive been doing DC and try to 'CUT' persay....probably doing lots more cardio than i should, but at 34, ive gotta up the cardio sessions these days. Ive gone up in every lift since starting DC.

Ill try and post pics here, (hopefully i can get it to work)of my progress over the last 10months of so of getting back in the gym and becoming serious about nutrition and lifting.

ht: 5'11
    wt: 185
    bf: hell if i know...maybe like 15% ??
    diet: high protein, low carbs (mainly around pre and PWO)

35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    ^^^^ Go skers!

Rep points for you, buddy!
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.01%

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Pantera....i know exactly what you are talking about and have watched and read through the same thread. I saw the videos of bruno too and myself thought he was going a little too fast, especially on the rack chins, but i didnt say anything. Like u say, if u ask anything over there, u pretty much get ripped (even if you have searched for 3 yrs and read every thread and sticky 14times over. It doesnt matter.
    That's very true.It's still a good board though.I hope to start training DC again.When schedule permits.Right now I just started four weeks of PCT.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

Wow I got a log over at IM, I am already catching heat and 2day was my first workout

Quote Originally Posted by iron05 View Post
    No one has said it yet and I don't know why, but, the title of this thread should speak for itself. Very contradictory...a paradox.

Again..Dc...for advanced...for people who have expended every other way of training and have stopped growing due to doing that, and therefore have taken up DC because they want absolute OBSCENE size.
    My title is "Newb's DC journal"

wow the guy is really laying it on thick! Why I do not know?!?!
    Last edited by Distilled Water; 08-04-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: update
  38. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Unhappy

Wow I got a log over at IM, I am already catching heat and 2day was my first workout

My title is "Newb's DC journal"

wow the guy is really laying it on thick! Why I do not know?!?!
    Thats what happens when you join a religion or a cult.

People have had success with hit training years before DC "reinvented" it.

Bodybuilders have used extreme fascia stretching (popularized by John Parillo) years before DC "reinvented" it.

Heavy "don't ever come off" steroid use had been done before DC "reinvented" it.

Eating massive amounts of protein had been done before by a lot of fat guys before DC "reinvented" it.

Jesus Christ was a superstar long before DC "reinvented" him.

Welcome to the new religion bro. I'm sorry you got bent over and reemed by a priest of DC but priests have been abusing little boys long before DC "reinvented" it.

There's nothing new under the sun bro.
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post

Bodybuilders have used extreme fascia stretching (popularized by John Parillo) years before DC "reinvented" it.

Heavy "don't ever come off" steroid use had been done before DC "reinvented" it.

Eating massive amounts of protein had been done before by a lot of fat guys before DC "reinvented" it.

Welcome to the new religion bro. I'm sorry you got bent over and reemed by a priest of DC but priests have been abusing little boys long before DC "reinvented" it.

HAHA Yea I kinda figured as much but kept my cool explained things and the d-bag hasn't posted since. Whatever Im a do what I do.....plain and simple.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

so, am i assuming you dont agree with DC training or principles?

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 10:57 PM
  2. Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Creatine
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:28 AM
  3. Everything You Need To Know About CLEN!
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 01:08 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 08:03 PM
  5. Keto EVERYTHING Recipes, Products, etc...
    By WYD02 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 01:12 PM