Everything & Anything DC!!!!!!!!!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

Everything & Anything DC!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    How many cals do you usually use for those goals? I'd say stick around that range, but keep protein high.. With carb cut offs, and cardio, you should be good to go, as long as your calories are where they need to be.
    I was thinking about 3,500cals for the recomp with protein close to 350gr/day. I will be around 180lbs when I start the recomp.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would agree with imprez. I would probably stick the carbs right before and after my workouts though. Then pretty much no other carbs except veggies.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yea i was thinking about moderate amounts of carbs for breakfast for breakfast then about 150-200gr around workout time from brown rice and I should be ok.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.

I have spent all week researching and putting together my routine to start DC next week. I miss all the hammer strength equipment from Fort Hood though, would give me so many more options. Oh well I still love my Old School YMCA equipment :good:
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JLM5151 View Post
    I have spent all week researching and putting together my routine to start DC next week. I miss all the hammer strength equipment from Fort Hood though, would give me so many more options. Oh well I still love my Old School YMCA equipment :good:
    please post your modified version of DC which lacks fancy equipment, because i dont have anything fancy either, gym also got rid of 1980s leg press in place of some new craptastic horrible horrizontal leg press which maxes at like 200 lol
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.

WORKOUT A
    Chest
    1: DB Flat 11-15 RP
    2: DB Incline 11-15 RP
    3: BB Decline 11-15 RP
    Shoulders
    1: DB Shoulder Press 11-15 RP
    2: Smith Military Press Behind 11-15 RP
    3: Cybex Shoulder Presses 15-20 RP
    Triceps
    1: Close Grip Bench Smith 15-20 RP
    2: Skull Crushers 20SS
    3: Reverse Grip Bench Smith 15-20 RP
    Back Width
    1: Rack Chins Front 11-15 RP
    2: Rack Chins Back 11-15 RP
    3: Lat Pulldown Front 11-15 RP
    Back Thickness
    1: Deads 9-12 Straight/ 6-9 Straight
    2: T-Bar Row 10-15 Straight
    3: Smith Rows 9-12 Straight/ 6-9 Straight

WORKOUT B
    Bicep
    1: BB Curls 11-15 RP
    2: Cable Curls 11-20 RP
    3: Seated DB Curls 11-20 RP
    Forearms
    1: Hammer Curls 20 SS
    2: Pinwheel Curls 20 SS
    3: Forearm Burners 20 SS
    Hamstrings
    1: Seated Leg Curls 20-30 RP
    2: Straight Leg Deads 15-20 RP
    3: Seated Leg Curls 20-30 RP
    Quads
    1: Smith Squats (6-10 straight, 3-5m rest, 20SS)
    2: Squats (6-10 straight, 3-5m rest, 20SS)
    3: Hack Squats (6-10 straight, 3-5m rest, 20SS)
    Calves
    1: Leg Press Calves (10-12 straight)
    2: Standing Calves(10-12 straight)
    3: Leg Press Calves (10-12 straight)
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.

Took me about 50 minutes to get through my workout today and I was completely drenched.... I love it
  8. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ugh, I absolutely destroyed my legs with the below workout today. Cant say I've had a quad pump like that in a long time...

B. Monday

Preacher Curls (bi's): 11-20rp
    PinWheel Curls (forearms): 10-20 straight reps
    Leg Press Calf Raise (calves): 10-12 reps straight, UP, then 5 seconds down, 10-15 seconds holding in stretched position
    Sumo Leg Press Heels only (hamstrings): 15-25 straight reps
    Leg Press (quads): 6-10 rep straight set, 3-5 minute rest 20 rep widowmaker
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Ugh, I absolutely destroyed my legs with the below workout today. Cant say I've had a quad pump like that in a long time...
  10. Board Sponsor

I cant seem to hold that quad stretch longer then 30 seconds right now. Does anyone else notice the pressure build up in the knees? Really thats just my excuse for the stretch being so damn painful.
  11. Banned

I cant seem to hold that quad stretch longer then 30 seconds right now. Does anyone else notice the pressure build up in the knees? Really thats just my excuse for the stretch being so damn painful.
    The quad stretch is my favorite!I have found stretches are best done right after the exercise.I mean right after.Just cause they hurt more cause the muscles pumped which tells me better fascia tissue stretching.Do you mean pressure in the tear drops,or the actual knees?Cause my tear drops hurt while stretching the quads....
  12. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    The quad stretch is my favorite!I have found stretches are best done right after the exercise.I mean right after.Just cause they hurt more cause the muscles pumped which tells me better fascia tissue stretching.Do you mean pressure in the tear drops,or the actual knees?Cause my tear drops hurt while stretching the quads....
    Its mostly tear drops yeah. But the whole area feels really tight. Pretty cool stretch though. Would have never thought of that before DC.
  13. Banned

Its mostly tear drops yeah. But the whole area feels really tight. Pretty cool stretch though. Would have never thought of that before DC.
    I have seen tom platz do something similar where you lay back with your legs folded under you,but it just hurts everywhere other than my legs.I always feel so dumb when I do that quad stretch.I wonder how many are trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing?**** 'EM ALL!!!!
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Im pump'd to start this stuff! I've talk'd to a few more bros about it who really like'd it during a bulk. No one seems to use it during a cut. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Im pump'd to start this stuff! I've talk'd to a few more bros about it who really like'd it during a bulk. No one seems to use it during a cut. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    This is from the big man himself

THINK ABOUT IT!!!! Your 200lbs, eat like a 250lb guy to get freakshow bigger, and train like a rhino with heavy weights to get larger but also do everything in your power (green tea, cardio, carb cuttoffs) to keep at a bodyfat percentage that your proud of or can live with. This is all about turning your body into a muscle building fat burning blast furnace!
    If you do bulking and cutting for the next 2 years and with all those "cutting cycles" adding up to a years time, guess what you just gave up a year of lifting--one year of nonexistant muscle mass accumalation. Thats like lifting for the next 6 years and you only get 3 years of productivity out of it. See the problem is, alot of people try to stay lean year round while also tryng their hardest to put on muscle mass and they do it all wrong. They eat like a 190lber trying to get to 250lbs and think that--by some miracle that will get them there. This is all about becomeing a food processing machine here. Take in a surplus (protein/food), create a demand to put on muscle (seriously heavy lifting/DC training) and then taking care of excesses and burning them off (carb cuttoffs/cardio/thermogenisis)----eating and training like a 300lbs offseason behemoth but doing everything else in your power to be that guy walking around at 7-14% bodyfat (whatever floats your boat)....See its not that hard, just think it out....but most of all dont waste your freaking time taking 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps backward....this is about constant forward progress. If I hear anyone say "cutter" or "bulker" again on this board, you get the official title of "bodybuilding.com guy", like a scarlet letter. This is constant bulking and cutting at the same time and you dont forsake one for the other unless your competing for a show. "

Distilled you might want to check out this thread http://www.intensemuscle.com/5082-so...ggcrapp-6.html and starting reading more about Dc and buy the DVd
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I have used it while in a cal deficit plenty of times.. Good results either way..

Your blasts may be end up being a bit shorter..

Currently i am slowly dieting, and still beating my log book.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Good to know impresiv.

It's still cutting IMO Smeton. Your counting cals with strict carb cut offs and adding in fasted cardio sessions, slowly until reaching cardio for 45min, on every day but leg days. Along with thermos. Your trying to lose fat so it's cutting. I was just wondering because most guys I talk to go back to regular training.

If the first 4 weeks go well then I may stick with this. I usually have good luck with lower volume's when bulking. I think
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

See, for me, i'd rather stick with what got me the muscle.

You may have to up your rep ranges a bit, and adjust your blast length. It is very individualized.
  19. Banned

See, for me, i'd rather stick with what got me the muscle.

You may have to up your rep ranges a bit, and adjust your blast length. It is very individualized.
    EXACTLY!If X built the muscle,then why use y to try and keep it while dieting?
  20. Board Sponsor

I would not say that I am currently bulking and/or cutting. I would say I'm trying to add lean mass with as few as carbs as possible (carb sensitive here). I also expect to maintain my current BF% (right now somewhere around or below 10%) during this 4-6 DC blast.

I've only done 4 workouts, but I am actually quite impressed with my recovery time. I believe it has to do with 1 of two things:

1. The extreme stetching and low volume
    2. A late night bcaa/glutamine shake I have added in mid-sleep

And/or a combination of the above two. Keep in mind I am assisted however I do still overtrain on occasion even with the help.
  21. Banned

I would say recovery is fine with DC too.I started havoc at the same time though.To me,it doesn't seem any more extreme as far as recovery goes then the guys who do multiple sets of multiple exercises for the same muscle.
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Werd.. My recovery is pretty good with DC.. The way he has the split set up (m-w-f) helps recovery.

I can usually get 6-8 week blasts(natural). I have currently been blasting for 10-12weeks, and still making progress.. I just implemented a day off last Friday so that gave me a 4day break, and on Monday i was ready to roll again.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Werd.. My recovery is pretty good with DC.. The way he has the split set up (m-w-f) helps recovery.

I can usually get 6-8 week blasts(natural). I have currently been blasting for 10-12weeks, and still making progress.. I just implemented a day off last Friday so that gave me a 4day break, and on Monday i was ready to roll again.
    yeah that one day off can lead to a couple more weeks of blasting.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

WTF IS DC TRAINING!!!!??
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by papapumpsd View Post
    WTF IS DC TRAINING!!!!??
    Do a google search
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Do a google search
    We're in a thread called "Everything & Anything DC!!!" and you tell me to GOOGLE DC training? Is that what you tell everyone who posts a question regarding DC?

I'm prepared to field an explanation of what DC training is. I feel this, of ALL places, is the place to define it.

-Papa!-
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

We're in a thread called "Everything & Anything DC!!!" and you tell me to GOOGLE DC training? Yes Is that what you tell everyone who posts a question regarding DC? Yes

I'm prepared to field an explanation of what DC training is. I feel this, of ALL places, is the place to define it. Do your research buddy. read the thread or go to intensemuscle or buy the DVD!

-Papa!-
    in red
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Yo papa. Did you read every post in this thread? Click the links and what not? I think it explains it. There is really not one defined answer.

I'll try and help a brother out.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

Yo papa. Did you read every post in this thread? Click the links and what not? I think it explains it. There is really not one defined answer.

I'll try and help a brother out.
    I ABSOLUTELY did not read every post. I'm at work and I don't have time to click thru 7 pages of stuff.

I was hoping this thread would be started with a definition, which I did not find on the 1st couple of pages. So I went to Plan B) Ask the question - What WTF is DC training?

BTW DW, you shouldn't ask me questions, you should just GOOGLE them.

-Papa!-
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I ABSOLUTELY did not read every post. I'm at work and I don't have time to click thru 7 pages of stuff.

I was hoping this thread would be started with a definition, which I did not find on the 1st couple of pages. So I went to Plan B) Ask the question - What WTF is DC training?

BTW DW, you shouldn't ask me questions, you should just GOOGLE them.

-Papa!-
    lol......oh man....lol

Here's a link....
    http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

Like I said it's hard to explain and the only way to know for sure is to actually be a client on Dante (the orginator of DC a.k.a Dodd Crap training)
  31. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Most people who are in this thread have already done the leg work to figure out what DC training is, and have specific questions on it..

It is not a simple or short answer of what it is, or how it is done, so you would likely understand it more in 5 min of searching, and reading..
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

lol......oh man....lol

Here's a link....
    http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

Like I said it's hard to explain and the only way to know for sure is to actually be a client on Dante (the orginator of DC a.k.a Dodd Crap training)
    Thanks for the spoon feed! I'm ALT-Tabbing back-and-forth here at work. Excel - Internet - Excel - Internet - Word - Excel etc.

I'll GOOGLE your link too.....just for good measure. Apparently it will change my life.

Cheers dH2O!
  33. Board Sponsor

This is a pretty good summary too:

http://www.thepumpingstation.com/doggcrapp.html

Btw the link is posted in the first post of page 2 of this thread...
  34. Board Sponsor

You guys ever notice a lot of the videos people post of their DC lifts on IM that they DO NOT do 8 second negatives? Maybe I'm just watchin the wrong vids but doesnt seem like a lot of their negatives are very long.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

You guys ever notice a lot of the videos people post of their DC lifts on IM that they DO NOT do 8 second negatives? Maybe I'm just watchin the wrong vids but doesnt seem like a lot of their negatives are very long.
    Ditto they all lift at a pretty fast/normal pace. I think Dante said somewhere that the reason he said 8 sec negatives is so people would just slow down in general. That 4-6sec negatives would work well also.

When i was training for a bigger bench in High school we would always end workouts with 8 sec negatives with 105% our projected maxes and it helped A TON. In 8 weeks my bench went up like 35-40lbs. I can only imagine if I would have been eating good what I could have done. Negatives are where its at
  36. Board Sponsor

Ditto they all lift at a pretty fast/normal pace. I think Dante said somewhere that the reason he said 8 sec negatives is so people would just slow down in general. That 4-6sec negatives would work well also.

When i was training for a bigger bench in High school we would always end workouts with 8 sec negatives with 105% our projected maxes and it helped A TON. In 8 weeks my bench went up like 35-40lbs. I can only imagine if I would have been eating good what I could have done. Negatives are where its at
    Yeah I'm actually shooting for the 8 seconds and probably falling closer to 5-6 seconds on those last few reps.

Reminds me of the negatives involved with HST. I think Haycock has said thats where the majority of growth occurs...
  37. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Your taking the negative thing too literal... He made the "negative time" exaggerated, so people didn't go out there, and use **** FORM, and a fast tempo.

The point is to get a nice and controlled negative.

I would say if you want to be literal about it, a 3 second neg, is more like it..

Watch vids by Jason Wojo, his tempo is damn good..
  38. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14QcYGsryN8"]YouTube - DC Chest/Shoulder/Tri Workout w/Jason Wojo[/ame]
  39. Board Sponsor

Watch vids by Jason Wojo, his tempo is damn good..
    Yeah I've seen his vids. And I would agree that not only tempo looks good but definitely form.
  40. Board Sponsor

Oooops, shoulda scrolled down a lil more, lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 08:57 PM
  2. Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Creatine
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 10:28 PM
  3. Everything You Need To Know About CLEN!
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 11:08 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 06:03 PM
  5. Keto EVERYTHING Recipes, Products, etc...
    By WYD02 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:12 AM