Everything & Anything DC!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

1. Thanks man
    •   

2. what are the "approved" shoulder exercises? I currently do Smith military press, Hammer Strength shoulder press and Smith behind neck press. I have maxed out on the behind neck press and changing it to a seated cable press that simulates DB presses ( the DBs get too heavy for me to swing them up on my own). I am close to maxing out the other two movements so I was looking for approved variations.

thanks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    what are the "approved" shoulder exercises? I currently do Smith military press, Hammer Strength shoulder press and Smith behind neck press. I have maxed out on the behind neck press and changing it to a seated cable press that simulates DB presses ( the DBs get too heavy for me to swing them up on my own). I am close to maxing out the other two movements so I was looking for approved variations.

thanks.
    im sure those are fine.

4. thnx pp. are there other approved shoulder exercises? I remember there wasn't anything for the rear delts

5. i know i havent seen anything for rear delts. i just did rear delt flyes today on leg/bi/forearm day...its been like 3 weeks since ive done a direct rear delt excercise.....i didnt do legs today because knee problems so i threw those in and boy did it feel good. I suppose back workouts should stimulate rear delts by DC's reasoning...

6. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i know i havent seen anything for rear delts. i just did rear delt flyes today on leg/bi/forearm day...its been like 3 weeks since ive done a direct rear delt excercise.....i didnt do legs today because knee problems so i threw those in and boy did it feel good. I suppose back workouts should stimulate rear delts by DC's reasoning...
    i know i havent done rear delts in a while too

but all slow negatives 2/4 seconds which we should be doing stimulate all small muscles like rear delts to the max when doing anything involding shoulder. thats just my theory and thoughts.

but yea i miss doing rear delt work it always burns and feels great

7. Dc Trainign says Barbell rows and Deads hit R delts effectively enough
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

8. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Dc Trainign says Barbell rows and Deads hit R delts effectively enough
    something like that exactly

9. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i guess this isnt working.....oh well
    Wow don't give up so soon dood. I only just found this thread!

I log everything, I built myself an e**** spreadsheet and it has 4 -5 boxes for 2 warm up 3 working sets.
    •   

10. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    For your quad's stretch, I have an alternative idea (this was taught to me by a pro hockey player).

-Kneel with both knees on the ground.

-Lean back so that your supporting your weight on your hands.

-Push with your glutes to push your pelvis forward (like you're gonna start humping an imaginary goat) until your feel your quadriceps begin to stretch and hold it there.
    I have no idea here, pics please

11. I broke down the diet info for you guys for easy assimilation and to have it here in the thread:

Diet Philosophy:

Fat Sources:

Omega-3's (flaxseeds) | Extra virgin olive oils (mono unsaturated fat)--118 calories per tablespoon.

Protocol / Dosing:
    2-3 tablespoons in shakes Morning / Afternoon - *Note* not in the post workout or bedtime ones (self explanatory). Adjust / increase dose slowly or toilet time!

Standard Ratio Breakdowns:
    High protein/ Moderate (good) fats/ Low to moderate carbs

"I eat the amount of protein grams I want to ingest first and if its before 6-7pm I satisfy the rest of my hunger with carbs. If I go to McDonalds I'll blast as many hamburgers as I can and skip the fries (laughing) but true. After 6-7pm I will go high protein and trace to low carbs (example huge steak and a lot of a vegetable but no rice, pasta or bread)."

Comments:

• Count Protein Intake NOT Calories
    • Weigh Once A Month If No Gain Then Added Olive Oil / Mono Unsat / Flax / Extra Carbs Here or There.
    • If Can't Eat Anymore Or Gain Up Olive Oil / Mono's
    • Work way up to 2 - 4 Tbs Olive Oil In Shakes

Eating:

• Eat Protein First
    • Add Flax / Olive oil if it allows, protein drinks etc and before 6pm
    • Finally Eat Carbs to satisfy hunber pangs
    • Consume all carbs as much as you need early in the day and not after 6pm
    • If after 6pm all the Corn / Peas or Vegetables you want - No Potatoes / pasta / bread/ cereals

Cutting Diet:

Leave the training heavy and leave the diet 90% what it is. The only changes I would make are to be religiously strict with low/trace carbs after 6pm and drop dairy 6 weeks out. Let the cardio take off your body fat!

Forty five minutes at a slightly brisk walk on a treadmill first thing in the morning on an empty stomach-- on every day except leg days will do it.

Add in maybe usnic acid and a thermogenic and your going to end up inside out shredded. That's from a bodybuilding standpoint as I hate seeing someone gain 15lbs of muscle from training so hard in the off-season just to panic diet it all off trying to get ripped. In a general everyday sense for people who don't care about losing 8-20lbs of muscle mass on their way down to leanness,--cardio and a cutting diet will work faster for them. Again, the diet I prefer is high protein, moderate carbs, and moderate good fats (olive oils, flax oils, EFA's)--your stomach is always going to be full on this diet and I want it to be. A main staple of my way of doing things is cutting carbs at night.

The only carbs coming in after 5, 6, or 7pm (depending on your schedule and your meal timing) are trace carbs found in vegetables and such.

By Dante a.k.a. Doggcrapp,

12. Would you guys think it is ok to turn the normal program into a 4-day split? I don't do 4-day for time reasons (the DC 4-day is a quick workout) actually I'm in college so I have tons of time during the week (most of the time) so I try to workout as often as possible.

13. I would do the program as suggested, if you're doing it like they say, you're going to love the recovery time, let me tell you!

Don't mess with it, follow it!

Much Love,

Neoborn

14. I see that the DC program is laid out for 4weeks max intensity and 1-2 weeks lighter, I just started DC training on Monday, and my PH cycle Tue.. I am going to do a 7 week cycle (at most), my question is, can I keep at max intensity w/DC training for the duration of my cycle and then go to the 1-2 week lighter intensity at the start of my PCT?

15. I do 7-week blasts with 1 week recovery as it fits my on-call schedule, but it you are just starting see how you feel each week after week 4 and don't be afraid to cut your blast short. DC will be pretty intense when done right and if it is your first foray into rest/pause your CNS might get a tad overloaded.

As for your cycle, I also try to coincide mine with the start of a blast, as the first week or so after the break is a little tough and phs take a couple of weeks to really affect your workout.

not sure though, if you do a cycle that is shorter that your blast, how would it be best placed (start, middle, end of blast) ?

16. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    I do 7-week blasts with 1 week recovery as it fits my on-call schedule, but it you are just starting see how you feel each week after week 4 and don't be afraid to cut your blast short. DC will be pretty intense when done right and if it is your first foray into rest/pause your CNS might get a tad overloaded.

As for your cycle, I also try to coincide mine with the start of a blast, as the first week or so after the break is a little tough and phs take a couple of weeks to really affect your workout.

not sure though, if you do a cycle that is shorter that your blast, how would it be best placed (start, middle, end of blast) ?
    My guess would be depending on the compound, 5 days to as long as 2 weeks before training.

17. If i wanted to add full deadlifts into my routine whats the best way to sub them in.. not sure if it best to sub them in fulltime or switch them up every other week or something

since im currently doing rack deads and SLDLs

Day 1a
    Incline Smith
    Smith Millitary Press
    Skullcrusher
    Rack Chins
    Rack Deads

Day 1b
    DB Inc
    Smith Behind the Neck Press
    Close Grip Bench in Smith
    Front Lat Pulldown
    T-Bar Row

1c
    Flat Bench
    DB Shoulder Press
    Reverse(close) bench in smith
    Underhand Pulldown
    BB or DB Rows

Day 2a
    BB Curl
    Hammer Curl
    Calf raise
    Lying Leg Curl
    Squat
    Squat Widowmaker

2b
    Incline DB Curl
    Reverse EZ Curl
    Standing Calf Raise
    Seated Leg Curl
    Zerker
    widowmaker zerkers

2c
    Hammer preacher curl
    1 arm reverse cable curl
    Seated Calf raise
    Stiff Leg Dead
    Leg Press
    leg press widowmakers

18. It seems to me that you have 2 lifts for mid back and the rack rows for mid/low, I'm not familiar with t-bar rows, but I know the other rows work real good, I would suggest whichever one of those 2 is less of a fav, but make sure to keep a balance i.e. rack dl, rows, dl.

19. you might want to alternate full deadlifts with rack deadlifts. the whole concept behind this lil switcharoo is that by working in rack deadlifts you train your body to handle higher sums of weight, so that you can ultimately enhance your performance on the full deads.

btw, what are widowmaker squats? i've heard this word used a lot but i don't know what it means

20. Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    you might want to alternate full deadlifts with rack deadlifts. the whole concept behind this lil switcharoo is that by working in rack deadlifts you train your body to handle higher sums of weight, so that you can ultimately enhance your performance on the full deads.

btw, what are widowmaker squats? i've heard this word used a lot but i don't know what it means
    thanks for your thoughts

widowmaker squats are 20reps. thats my full understanding of them.

i started out only being able to do 135x13 doing many single reps before giving up.

last time i got 185x17. so im making good progress

some advise to do them on smith machine which helps do high reps cuz my back givesout before my legs do

21. At the end of the manual is the diet:

http://download.yousendit.com/F38B53985835A3DA

Much Love,

NEoborn

22. These are the recommended ham lifts:

Hamstrings:
    lying leg curls (15-30rp)
    seated leg curls (15-30rp)
    sumo press leg press (pressing with heels only- straight set of 15-25 reps)

Thats a bit weird to me b/c everything I have ever read states that lower reps are stimulate more growth in hamstrings.

Also on the rp sets, are you working 11-15 reps in 3 sets always? Or can you do say 2 sets, or 4 sets?

23. as far as the high rep range....it is a safety thing, DC doesn't want you using super heavy weight for very isolated exercises. save the heavy ham work for stiff legs
    same applies for skullcrushers...it can be very bad on the elbows/wrists doing 1-3 rep skulls 20 seconds after ur previous set
    DC is a smart trainer to say the least

also the rest pause sets are supposed to be in 3 mini sets...ive never heard of it any other way

24. Thanks mfbb.

So you can seriously only lift 3 times/week with this? egh

Or has anyone tried the advanced DC training:

monday=chest shoulders triceps
    tuesday=biceps forearms backwidth backthickness
    thursday=calves hams quads
    friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
    monday-repeate of tuesdays bodyparts
    tuesday-repeat of thursdays bodyparts

25. where did you get that from travis? I plan on doing my own splits and a few customized variations to DC. The trained guys from DC say you arent doing DC unless Dante trains you so the hell with it i plan on taking alot of the principles and throwing in my own style. For instance if i took your advance split you posted...You have less bodyparts so you could maybe go back to a different chest exercise after you finish with tris and do one set high reps to finish then back to shoulders then same with tris....as long as it wasnt too taxing.

26. honestly I did the DC 2 way/3 day per week split and it kicked the **** out of me. my CNS was toast in abt 6 wks. I'm not a noob either ( 5'8 220 fairly lean). i really was considering doing the push/pull/legs split as mentioned above, but I'm kind of straying away from DC as i personally find the stretches and the heavy rest-pause sets quite dangerous. i don't like the idea of doin 1-2 rep maxes on hammer machines after only resting 20 seconds btwn my last set.
    it is a very sound program, i just feel it's way too easy to get hurt on. (however i could've just been overtrained, i may try it again)

27. Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    honestly I did the DC 2 way/3 day per week split and it kicked the **** out of me. my CNS was toast in abt 6 wks. I'm not a noob either ( 5'8 220 fairly lean). i really was considering doing the push/pull/legs split as mentioned above, but I'm kind of straying away from DC as i personally find the stretches and the heavy rest-pause sets quite dangerous. i don't like the idea of doin 1-2 rep maxes on hammer machines after only resting 20 seconds btwn my last set.
    it is a very sound program, i just feel it's way too easy to get hurt on. (however i could've just been overtrained, i may try it again)
    yeah man you may be able to only do it one month than do a one or two week cruise. It depends on how your cns feels

I took a two week break after a month of it. and Ive been training non-Dc about two months before that so this is my first real starting point for Dc, with a break.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

28. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    where did you get that from travis? I plan on doing my own splits and a few customized variations to DC. The trained guys from DC say you arent doing DC unless Dante trains you so the hell with it i plan on taking alot of the principles and throwing in my own style. For instance if i took your advance split you posted...You have less bodyparts so you could maybe go back to a different chest exercise after you finish with tris and do one set high reps to finish then back to shoulders then same with tris....as long as it wasnt too taxing.
    There was a noob article I got it from on intensemuscle. I dont know about DC....maybe someday I will try it. I just like going to the gym too much and lifting 3 days doesnt sound appealing to me.

29. Posted this in trip's log but its the DC shoulder thing with some funny muscletech in there...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 10:57 PM
  2. Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Creatine
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:28 AM
  3. Everything You Need To Know About CLEN!
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 01:08 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 08:03 PM
  5. Keto EVERYTHING Recipes, Products, etc...
    By WYD02 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 01:12 PM