Everything & Anything DC!!!!!!!!!!

Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011

1. I thought I'd throw this out there about the DC lifestyle that has impressed me.

Since I have started DC training in mid August
    -Smith incline went from 225x13 to 275x13
    -DB flat becnh has gone from 90x12 to 100x17
    -Rack Deads 315x12 to 405x8
    -Stiff Deads 275x8 to 315x10(maybe 12 can't remember)

Most importantly my weight has gone from 173 to 193. I'd say I've gained some BF(mostly from scrwing around with diff carb timing.....stupid me ) but stil on last belt loop, and a few lbs of water from creatine. So thats about 1lb of LBM per week. I've never experienced gains like this
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I thought I'd throw this out there about the DC lifestyle that has impressed me.

Since I have started DC training in mid August
    -Smith incline went from 225x13 to 275x13
    -DB flat becnh has gone from 90x12 to 100x17
    -Rack Deads 315x12 to 405x8
    -Stiff Deads 275x8 to 315x10(maybe 12 can't remember)

Most importantly my weight has gone from 173 to 193. I'd say I've gained some BF(mostly from scrwing around with diff carb timing.....stupid me ) but stil on last belt loop, and a few lbs of water from creatine. So thats about 1lb of LBM per week. I've never experienced gains like this
    wow ! very nice Distilled. I'm impressed. I can't wait to get back into Dc training! after this arm is healed dammit.I haven't trained in six months but comparing your numbers to mine last six months ago the only thing I possibly had you beat was db bench press and my weight was 227. One of the things Ive got going for me I get big without being that strong.
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    wow ! very nice Distilled. I'm impressed. I can't wait to get back into Dc training! after this arm is healed dammit.I haven't trained in six months but comparing your numbers to mine last six months ago the only thing I possibly had you beat was db bench press and my weight was 227. One of the things Ive got going for me I get big without being that strong.
    Dont sweat it bud, you'll be back there soon enough and crush those numbers, just stick with it!

See im the other way around. I get real strong without adding much size, I couldnt imagine being 227. I think the largest I've gotten to was in the mid 200's?!?!

Oddly enough the most weight I've pushed on BB Incline was @ 181ish lbs and it was 365lbs!!! I really dont know where it came from and I was actually dieting at the time.

I think I was born to be a powerlifter
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

4. Who's still doing DC? I stopped a while ago as I started having some serious issues with my shoulder...does anybody else have joint problems when training this way? I ordered some cissus so hopefully I'll be able to start training DC style again soon...

5. Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    Who's still doing DC? I stopped a while ago as I started having some serious issues with my shoulder...does anybody else have joint problems when training this way? I ordered some cissus so hopefully I'll be able to start training DC style again soon...
    Nope infact my shoulders have never felt better(knock on wood)

What RP range do you train delts in?
    •   

6. 15-20...What rep range do you use imprezivr6?

7. I can't wait to give DC a try. I am making myself finish my current program first though:

6 weeks of high volume/heavy weight

1 week cruising (this next week in fact)

4 weeks of 14 reps at the heaviest weight possible on movements, low volume 8-12 sets 3 movements.

1 week cruising

4 weeks of training with the heaviest weight possible for 5 sets of 5 reps (will utilize rest pause on last sets) 4 movements 9-15 sets.

Obviously this isn't set in stone, as I rely a lot on how I am feeling and how much progress I am making. For instance I initially only planned on doing this first phase for 4 weeks, but I have yet to even come close to a plateau. At the end of this last week I finally started feeling a little CNS stress, so it is time to back off and hit phase 2.

All that being said, in the meantime I am learning as much about DC as I can, because it really seems like a sound system.

8. Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    15-20...What rep range do you use imprezivr6?
    I mix it up.. But I tend to stay higher as well(15-25) You may want to try 20-30.

9. just started working in DC principles back into training and already seeing good results. I like the lower sets of DC and dorian yates training styles. I work them in together without splitting workouts into two catergories, im keeping the 4 day split. more excercises but still using a main working set, this offsets the higher training freq of dc. not sure i made sense but that is what im trying now.

10. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I mix it up.. But I tend to stay higher as well(15-25) You may want to try 20-30.

I may give that go...hopefully that in conjunction with some cissus will really help my shoulder...Last fall when I was still doing DC I got wicked strong but I couldn't even reach in the back seat of my car to grab something my shoulder hurt so bad...

11. Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    I may give that go...hopefully that in conjunction with some cissus will really help my shoulder...Last fall when I was still doing DC I got wicked strong but I couldn't even reach in the back seat of my car to grab something my shoulder hurt so bad...
    Watch yourself to see if you are doing something that you can't normally do without weight. For example, it is very unnatural for me to start a chest exercise from the bottom on many machines, my arms simply don't go that far behind without excessive shoulder tension that becomes pain, but once you have weight in your hands, you may be going too low/deep and aggravating something. Same goes with pressing behind the neck and other movements my structure/flexibility does not allow safely.

Observe what you do carefully.

12. Quote Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
    Watch yourself to see if you are doing something that you can't normally do without weight. For example, it is very unnatural for me to start a chest exercise from the bottom on many machines, my arms simply don't go that far behind without excessive shoulder tension that becomes pain, but once you have weight in your hands, you may be going too low/deep and aggravating something. Same goes with pressing behind the neck and other movements my structure/flexibility does not allow safely.

That's a good point. I think overall I'm in a good range of motion...I believe it is past shoulder problems combined with the very quick increase in the weight I was using...Hopefully, modifying the rp rep range will lower the weight a little and allow my joints to catch up with my new found strength.

13. Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    yea form has to be perfect or you risk injury when using Dc.

Quote Originally Posted by machinehead View Post

good point

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    That's a good point. I think overall I'm in a good range of motion...I believe it is past shoulder problems combined with the very quick increase in the weight I was using...Hopefully, modifying the rp rep range will lower the weight a little and allow my joints to catch up with my new found strength.
    Its usually the tendons that tear not joints most people mistake this for joint problems. That is how I hurt mine muscles got to strong for the tendons and forearm stretches which was my fault (I overdid them because I wanted big forearms and did them though the pain) and unperfect form over the years(flarring elbow s some rather than keeping them up and down while pressing, flarring elbows some while doing tricep extensions and not keeping them close as I possibly can!(I overdid them because I wanted big forearms) a lot of it is common sense and I threw common sense out the window in the past ignoring it to work though the pain to get big. Listen to your body.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    Who's still doing DC? I stopped a while ago as I started having some serious issues with my shoulder...does anybody else have joint problems when training this way? I ordered some cissus so hopefully I'll be able to start training DC style again soon...
    I do it to an extent not full Dc yet. (ive done the 2 way split about a year before I got an injury)

have you tried the broomstick exercise? The work well.
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

14. Oh yeah, I'm definitely aware of the slow protein turn over rate in ligaments...It's important to be congizant of the fact that ligaments and tendons grow/repair much, much slower than muscle.

15. I haven't tried the broomstick exercise...I'll have to give that one a go...

16. Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    I haven't tried the broomstick exercise...I'll have to give that one a go...
    I actually just started doing these more "routinely" a week ago..

17. Man...I got such a crazy pump in my shoulders when I did that just now...My shoulder flexibility sucks! I had to use a shower curtain rod because my broomstick handle wasn't long enough...hahaha

18. FYI a towel is good for the broomstick exercise starting off cause its a little flexible and lets your wrists turn

19. I love DC. Did it for a while...now doing P/RR/S....really like it too. I think im gonna start rotating routines in this order and see how it goes...

DC - 2-3months
    P/RR/S - 2months
    FD/FS - 2weeks

repeat.....

20. What is P/RR/S?

21. Doing DC since first of Jan,.... and still loving it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 10:57 PM
  2. Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Creatine
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:28 AM
  3. Everything You Need To Know About CLEN!
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 01:08 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 08:03 PM
  5. Keto EVERYTHING Recipes, Products, etc...
    By WYD02 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 01:12 PM