Testing ab strength! O/T

whale

Awards

<P class=MsoNormal>Testing ab strength:
<P class=MsoNormal>First off lie down flat on your back.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Then put arms at a 90 degree angle with hands next to your head.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Flatten your lower back to the floor by pulling the belly button in and up toward ribs.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>This should raise your pelvic bone to about 10 degrees toward head.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Now try and sit up.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>And in the same motion keeping the pelvic at 10 deg.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Ok say you did it great.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Now try it with the knees bent.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>If you can do it this way your upper abs are strong.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>If not you might need some work.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Now for the lower abs.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>do everything the same except put your legs straight up in the air. Lower the legs slowly still keeping the 10 degree rule in the pelvic region.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Go down until the back comes off the floor.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>By the way don’t try to raise your head just keep it laying down.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>If you can go through the whole motion without loosing the curve of the back touching the ground well your abs are strong if it arcs and rises then they need work as well.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>All in all always keep the thrust in the pubic area .<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>this is again accomplished by pulling belly in not out and up.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Good luck
<P class=MsoNormal><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
<P class=MsoNormal>whale

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well Ill be training abs a bit harder from now on :)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
whale...why you gotta make me feel like a weakling? my ego pretty much down right now. This your tests or you read it somewhere?

whale

Awards
standard

it is a standard abs test.  it also makes for a good workout if you did not notice the increadable feeling of pain it creates. by the way i cant get all the way up or down either so i guess I have to work a bit harder as well. :)

whale

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man..that was hella hard...but I still did it (barley)....

that feels like a good ab routine...im gonna try that for the next couple of months and see how it goes....

LG. :cool: