Why not Bi's and Tri's

supersaiyanbody

Awards
I have heard it is bad to train your triceps and biceps on the same day... why is that? or is it bull****?

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
well arnold did...and i know some other guys who do but it doesn't work for me. it all comes down to what works for the person. IMO

supersaiyanbody

Awards
arnold... "im coming day and night in the gym"

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is nothing wrong with training them together. Most like to train them since they are antagonists and can actually increase your strength during your WO. The same applies for chest and back or any training split that is based on a push/pull method.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I train these on the same day and often superset a back to back bi/tri set

TravisCoSheriff

Awards
Dont anymore thats what I attribute most of my stretch marks from. But love the pump from it thou. Skin feels so tight like its gonna rip.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I do them together, other times I dont. I think its good to change things up from time to time, and I think most would agree.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I always train them together but once in a while switch it up. I feel what I am doing now training them on the same days is working out fine for me

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I usually do triceps with chest and biceps with back. Recently I switched to doing bis/tris together on their own day. I was able to push/pull a lot more weight by giving them their own day. I would suggest trying it out if you haven't already.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah,Bi's/Tri's/Forearms......thats "arm" day

Just be sure you don't have chest next in line as your arms will already be taxed....

Day 1: Arms
Day 2: Shoulders/Traps
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Chest
Day 5: Legs
Rest / Rest

If you see the pattern your just keeping the "pump" moving right along.arms touch shoulders/shoulders touch back/back touches chest/chest touch legs(abs)/legs...And supersets on arm days are great since your hitting three groups,as someone else mentioned.

And throw abs in couple times a week,But everybody's right its what works for you,I like one body part ed....hit it & hit it hard,get in/out the gym quick as possible,then let it rest,it shouldn't be taking you 2 hrs to workout,an hour tops or your just not pushing fast/hard enough...you go to long and the cortisol kicks in and defeats your workout....Don't Overtrain..

Personally 1 body part ED,and I don't see that not working for anybody,its all these 3 days splits and stuff that some don't respond to,1 body part per day should be your bread and butter and then journey from there and see what works for you:dance:

supersaiyanbody

Awards
not bad. mine goes more along the lines of this

day 1 chest/abs
day 2 Arms
day 3 lower/upper back and shoulders
day 4 legs
day 5 rest

and i repeat that pretty much

bca6932

Banned
Awards
yo i do chest twice a week and bi's n tri's twice a week is that to much? also i do bi's for an hour and tri's for an hour but its weird cuase im legit one of the most cut ppl at my golds gym.

TheDrive

Awards
There is nothing wrong with training them together. Most like to train them since they are antagonists and can actually increase your strength during your WO. The same applies for chest and back or any training split that is based on a push/pull method.
I LOVE Push/pull sets for bi's and tri's. For some reason, when I use push/pull sets I can spend more time in the gym at every session. I don't seems to tire as easily. Of course, when I wake up the next morning, I feel like a bus ran me the f*** over...LOL

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that's the only way I train arms. Both tri's/bi's together! The feeling I get - the pump - is insane!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 27
barry2313 Training Forum 16
Training Forum 3
Training Forum 2
Training Forum 1