Critics Wanted!

Bull6125

Bull6125

Awards
Alright, I’m going to start Aug. 1st with a new training routine. I’ve designed it with the intent on over-shocking my muscles. By routine I change my w/o’s every 4-6 weeks, but they mostly consist of 1-2 body groups per session once per week; 4 out of 7 days. I will be finishing my cut July 31st, and Im using August as my recomp. time while continuing to lean, only at moderately higher calories. I have lost 18 lbs so far since June; 250lbs to 232 lbs at 13% bf now, I am 6’1”. I’ve been on 1800-2000 cal per day with one re-feed day per week of 2800 cal. I needed to lose muscle mass as well as fat, that is why I have such low caloric intake. Muscle was to expensive at my starting fat level, 18% so I’ve lost about 4 lbs of muscle and 14 of fat…I believe. If anyone could chime in on this as well I’d appreciate that (below are start and current measurements as well to help gauge progress).

Starting Measurements/Current Measurements
Chest : 51 inches/48.5 inches
L. Arm Flexed: 18 inches/17 inches
Waist at navel: 44 inches/41.5 inches

That’s the background info. I just want to know if this w/o will be adequate to increase strength and add some size while not overtraining. Overtraining and over-working are my two main concerns. Keep in mind the supplements I’ll be using. I posted them at the end of this submission, as well as my current supplements for my cut. I intend to up my calories to 2600-3000, focusing on 250-300 grams of protein, with continuing under 200g carbohydrates per day and 50-100 grams of fat.

Mon: BB Flat 4s x 5r
Squat 4s x 3r
Unilateral BB Shoulder Press 3s x 10r
DB Lean 3s x 12r
Tues: Good Mornings 4s x 8-10r
Hatfield Back Raise 100-150r
Seated DB Curl 4s x 8-10r
Single-Leg Lowering 2s x 15r
Wed: DB Incline (Inverse grip w/ supination) 4s x 8r
Crouching BB Snatch Press 3s x 10r
Nose Breaker 4s x 8-10r
Thurs:45 degree BB Row 4s x 8r
Chin-ups 3s x 12r
Rope Curl 4sx 5r
Swiss Ball Knee Tuck 50r
Fri: Close-Grip Bench 4s x 12r
Swiss Ball Alt. DB Press 4s x 10r
DB Cuban Press 3s x 10r
BB Lunge 3s x 6r

Each weight-lifting session will last 1-1.5 hours with 30 min. low intensity cardio after each. I really wanted to get the Push Press, Deadlift, & Bear-Hugs in here too, but I don’t see the room. I was thinking about maybe alternating Good Mornings/Deadlift, Crouching BB Snatch Press/ Push Press, Cuban Press/Bear Hugs. But I want to really focus on those original lifts…I’m torn. Suggestions and Critiques? I have been lifting for 5 years, all strength training, so recomp. and cutting are not my forte. I can handle the lifts and the weight though.
1 rep PRs: BB Flat-425 lbs
Squat-495 lbs (This is a 14 inch squat not full ass to the ground!)
Stiff-Leg DL-475 lbs
I tried to be thorough here, and I hope this LONG ASS post doesn’t come across as obnoxious. :D

Supplements I’m currently on:

Leviathan
Incarnate
Retain 2
Fish Oil
Low dose creatine mono 3g(I don’t cycle)
I am going to add Mass Fx and Lean Dreams to my final 3 weeks in July in preparation for August and start slowly ramping up calories.

August Supplements:
Incarnate
Epidrol (Genera) (possibly add mtrn but most likely no)
Lean Dreams (possibly x-dreams)
Fish Oil
Flax Oil
Cycle Support
Venom 3.0 pre-w/o
Low dose creatine mono 3g

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I would change Seated DB Curl with preacher curls or spider curls.
And I would up the reps on cuban press to 15-20 and maybe only do 2 sets per week.

Bull6125

Bull6125

Awards
Hmm...I didn't even think about Spider curls. Yeah I think that would make a good change. Higher rep less sets for cubans...I never went over 12 reps on that exercise, or less then 3 sets, I'll give 2s x 15r a shot. Thanks for the reply Hectic