Pain in my calf
- 06-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Pain in my calf
So today I was in the pool throwing the football with some buddies. I dove for a pass and felt a sharp pain in my left calf. I reached down to feel it and the muscle was rock hard. The pain wouldn't go away and the muscle wouldn't loosen up until I stood on that leg. Now my calf has been sore all day. Something similar has happened a few times. What's going on?
- 06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
could be a number of reasons why youre experiencing calf pain. i often experience the same kind of excruciating sensation, usually at night if i stretch the wrong way. make sure youre stretching thoroughly pre and post workout. drink often and stay well hydrated. potassium deficiency is also a common cause of muscle soreness, so eat a banana or two every day and take a good multi vitamin and the pain should go away
- 06-28-2007, 09:02 PM
01-27-2008, 09:20 AM
- 6'4" 260 lbs.
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Bilskirnir, my stronghold in my realm of Thrudheim
- Rep Power
Yes, just yesterday, I was doing one-legged calf raises, when on my first heavy set , (after light warm-up). My right calf had a stabbing pain. It's kind of liked it popped, but I didn't hear it do so. I've read that if indeed it is a tear, there should be some bruising and blood pooling in the lower region above the heel. Is this true? I don't want a false sense of hope, but there is no bruising or blood pooling. Do you think it will be allright soon? Someone please help!!!
Similar Forum Threads
- By harleyman89 in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 03-04-2009, 07:50 AM
- By SlowNSteady in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2007, 06:41 PM
- By Dutch Buster in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 4Last Post: 03-19-2007, 01:11 AM
- By Stinger124 in forum General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 05-29-2006, 06:41 PM
- By glenihan in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 12-27-2005, 10:05 PM