New Workout...input welcome

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
over the last couple months I lost Muscle Mass, due mostly to not eating enough carbs/calories and doing high intensity cardio...this is my new workout routine, meant to optimize muscle growth and minimize fat if not reduce it...

(current weight is about 162 at 8.5% BF)...looking to gain 10lbs of muscle in the next 4-5 weeks and reduce BF%...I will also be taking the OTC Hormonal Supplement Havoc (same thing as Epistane) [yes I know about proper pct]

Day
1) Chest/Back/Abs
2) Bis/Tris
3) Legs/Shoulders/Abs
4) Chest/Back
5) Bis/Tris/Abs
6) Legs/Shoulders
7) Rest

Cardio 30-40 minutes, Low intensity 2-3 x per week (130-145bpm)

nutrition will be clean bulk...

Protein : 225+
Calories : 3,500

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
your gonna be over working your msucles if u do that.

good calories and protien though

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
That's overtraining, to say the least.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I suggest a more traditional 2 on 1 off approach. somethin like this:

1 - legs
2 - chest/tri
3 - off
4 - back/bi
5 - shoulders/traps
6 - off

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
well, I had been doing
1) Chest
2) Back
3) Shoulders
4) Legs (sometiems I switch legs and shoulders)
5) Bis
6) Tris
7) Rest

that is probably my favorite split, but I've been doing it a long time and want to change things up...

and yeah, I agree that might be over-training, but my friend has had great success with it...

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing 4 sets 15, 12, 10, 8 (usually with occasional supersets)

NEW WORKOUT, I was said to try 4 sets 14, 10, 6, 6 (or 14 depending on how you feel...mostly supersets, since it's all split bodyparts)

rocksolid84

Awards
I've been doing 4 sets 15, 12, 10, 8 (usually with occasional supersets)

NEW WORKOUT, I was said to try 4 sets 14, 10, 6, 6 (or 14 depending on how you feel...mostly supersets, since it's all split bodyparts)
Well if your trying to bulk up and gain strength at the same time, you probably want to shoot for high weight low rep, such as 8,6,4,4. This allows you to reach msucle hypertrophy quicker which will stimulate the muscle fibers to grow. Also the workout you showed up top as all the others said is over training. Id say:

Chest/Abs
Back/Bis
Shoulder/Tris
Legs

But thats just my opinion

Let me know hows it goes or what you decide

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
cool thanks...

i'm gonna try

1 - legs
2 - chest/tri
3 - off
4 - back/bi
5 - shoulders/traps
6 - off

however i'm gonna rotate the off days around, and only use them when I feel I need too...for example, I didn't rest between chest/tri - back/bi ... and i'm good to do Shoulders/traps today, then probably leg's the next day...

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
just remember muscles don't grow at the gym, they grow when you are resting. The day on/day off approach is great.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
IMO, they grow at the dinner table even more so than in bed.
True that. Some workout routines are better than others, but the difference in results between Good Diet vs. Bad Diet is much greater than the difference between Good Routine vs. Bad Routine.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. You need to find a good relationship between your diet and your training to really see major improvements.