- 06-05-2007, 05:01 AM
For a good 6 months I've been having horrible bicep and chest cramps. During my workouts I will feel tight or "pumped" but then, for example, my biceps will cramp up doing curls. From that point on for the remainder of the day I will be unable to raise my arm and contract my bicept w/o experiencing a horrible cramp. Same thing w/ my chest on chest days. If i dare allow my chest to contract then I will cramp. It has become so painful that I have my workout partner help me take my shirt off on my bicep and chest days...I physically can't do it.
I've done it all: crazy ammounts of water, sport drinks, upped sodium intake, carbed up, self myofascial release (foam rolling), stretched.
I've heard that aside from the BP affects, Celery Seed may actually aid in muscle spasms. I'm gonna give it a try soon, but are there any other remedies (suppelement or not) that I should give a try?
- 06-05-2007, 09:43 AM
- 5'10" 185 lbs.
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Have you tried Taurine? I had that same problem when I'd do a heavy back day. My biceps would cramp up for the rest of the day starting about an hour or so after my workout. Taurine solved the problem for me.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Sean1332 in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 08-07-2012, 01:00 PM
- By rdnckpmp1 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 10Last Post: 08-03-2011, 09:10 PM
- By Batesy in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2006, 07:19 AM
- By shyam1121 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 14Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:18 AM
- By txwakeskater in forum General ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 01-13-2003, 07:47 AM