Is there an exercise for the bicep tendons?

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I play a sport called handball/wall ball as a part of my cardio, it seems like I have re-aggravated some type tendonitis (a wild guess) right after my forearm and bicep.
I was wondering if there are an exercises that I can perform to strengthen this specific area?

Thank you

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I play a sport called handball/wall ball as a part of my cardio, it seems like I have re-aggravated some type tendonitis (a wild guess) right after my forearm and bicep.
I was wondering if there are an exercises that I can perform to strengthen this specific area?

Thank you
I think I have had this same injury in the past, it lasted for months. It started after playing handball after years of not playing. Outer head insertion point was where the pain seemed focused. In the end, what worked for me was slow, light weight negatives on the preacher with narrow grip. I tried this after reading about it somewhere online at an exercise physiology site.

On a side note, pretty hard finding handball courts outside of NYC. I've also lived in RI, MA, CT, NC & NJ and could rarely find one.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty sure the pain I am getting it from is the inner part.

I think I will start doing some light weight negatives as you have mentioned jonny21, thanks for the tip.

I know what you mean, its pretty rare to find a real handball court outside of Nyc. I was lucky to find one in Sacramento when I was there for a brief visit.

Take care gents

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
art...

find an art (active release technique) practitioner in your area. i had tendonitis in the same area as you, and art worked wonders. one of the movements he used i was able to do myself.

that's what happens when you do heavy barbell curls after a 2 year absence from the gym. i've learned alot since then: less barbell curls & more compound movements!