workout routines

aintfrreshazi

Awards
hey everyone, i was just wondering what your workout routines are and if youve seen any gains in strength or size and how long it took you. my routine right now looks something like this...

Day 1- (arms/shoulders) preacher curls, skull crushers, alternating curls, tricep pulldowns, power cleans and arnold press.

Day 2- (legs) Squat, weighted calf raises, hamstring curls, and leg extensions.

Day 3 (chest/back) incline/flat/decline DB press, flies, seated row, and 1 arm rows.

first set is a heavy weight that i know i can only pull off 6-8 reps, seconds set i take weight off and go till failure, third set take more weight off and go till failure.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I like a push/pull routine

Monday: Pushing movements
Tuesday: Pulling movements
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Pushing movements
Friday: Pulling movements
Sat & Sun OFF

I go 6-10 reps

aintfrreshazi

Awards
I like a push/pull routine

Monday: Pushing movements
Tuesday: Pulling movements
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Pushing movements
Friday: Pulling movements
Sat & Sun OFF

I go 6-10 reps
how long have you been doing that and have you seen a lot of gains from it?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
how long have you been doing that and have you seen a lot of gains from it?
For about 1.5 years. I like it because it fits my schedule and I recover well with it. I've been more focused on re-comping then gaining. Strength has been much better then with other traditional programs. My cousin did gain well (about 30 lbs. in 1.5 years) with it but he's also 19 and a lot could be attributed to newbie gains along with a good training and nutrition protocol.

aintfrreshazi

Awards
wow 30lbs in 1.5 years is amazing, im still trying to decide what im gonna start doing for when i switch up routines in a few weeks. im deciding between pyramid, 5x5 and the push and pull thing that youre doing

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The 30lbs weren't 100% muscle, I'd say 80-85% but it goes to show how much progress one can make when fully committed. Most of the times you'll get good results if you're eating right and getting enough rest as well.

aintfrreshazi

Awards
yea i see what you mean...in deff dedicated enough all i wanna do now is just lose this weight i got on me and then start to build even more mass,,,i just wish i could see a big change over the summer