How much can you bench?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. How much can you bench?

I maxed out on one rep the other day for the first time in years. I was surprised at how much i could actually do.
    I weight 190 and i benched 295. i am sure i could do 300 if i tried again since i know what i can do and would not have to work my way up.

so how much can everyone else do? and include weight too so i can learn what is good for certain wait classes.

ps: i know this is a sophmoric post but i dont care. (sh1t smily is not working)

2. Not enough.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    I maxed out on one rep the other day for the first time in years. I was surprised at how much i could actually do.
    I weight 190 and i benched 295. i am sure i could do 300 if i tried again since i know what i can do and would not have to work my way up.

so how much can everyone else do? and include weight too so i can learn what is good for certain wait classes.

ps: i know this is a sophmoric post but i dont care. (sh1t smily is not working)
    Not as much as I want to 365 @ 205, but I squat over 600- my lower body and core is much stronger than my upper.... :good:
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

4. right now...315...

previously i've done 405 and I think 425...but that was about a year ago

5. 375 @ 205, just hurt my shoulder and i was about to max out again, ****ing rotator cuff

6. 375x1 @ 190 Bodyweight.

Did this yesterday.

7. Not enough and I weigh too much but thank you for bringing up this painful subject. Excuse me while I go cut myself now.

8. 305 @ 175....im weak

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Not enough and I weigh too much but thank you for bringing up this painful subject. Excuse me while I go cut myself now.
    I'm with Jay on this one...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Not enough and I weigh too much but thank you for bringing up this painful subject. Excuse me while I go cut myself now.
    You sound like a lot of my little brothers friends. Jay, its NOT cool to be emo.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    i agree with jay all the way

im 187lbs

flat bench 225 x 10
    incline 255 x 10
    decline 275 x10

i havent maxed lately, i have a minor shoulder injury

12. I'm so emo my lawn cuts itself.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I'm so emo my lawn cuts itself.
    lmao that is great stuff. ahhahahaha.

I love making fun of the emos.

My bench is no longer at 250. i went downhill big time. Im restarting my lifting. lol

14. well im not going to say anything because you smaller guys lift alot more than i do.

15. Well compared to you guys im on the low side

i max at 230 @ 125 bodyweight

16. Quote Originally Posted by rocksolid84 View Post
    Well compared to you guys im on the low side

i max at 230 @ 125 bodyweight
    thats a pretty damn good bench for such a low bodyweight, do you powerlift bro?

17. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    You sound like a lot of my little brothers friends. Jay, its NOT cool to be emo.

18. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    lol @ CryingEmo

19. Quote Originally Posted by 3PeteNC View Post
    thats a pretty damn good bench for such a low bodyweight, do you powerlift bro?

haha to sound like retard, i dont really know the difference, like i just stick to low rep, high weight, and such, but thanks for the kind words, i appreciate it bro

20. um... my bodyweight

21. Quote Originally Posted by rocksolid84 View Post
    haha to sound like retard, i dont really know the difference, like i just stick to low rep, high weight, and such, but thanks for the kind words, i appreciate it bro
    i gotcha, i was gonna ask if you compete, but i guess that answers my question haha

22. been lifting for 2 years. 315@180lbs. But in the 2 years im had a broken spine(8 months out of lifting and had to start over) broken hand (2 months out of lifting), and now torn ligament in wrist (so far 5 weeks out). Everytime I get somewhere i get crippled and ave to start over lol. But I rarely do high weight low reps.

23. After my partial RC tear, I'm benching 70 pounds.

Yeah, buddieieieieie, light weight!!!!!!

Sigh.

24. weight 148

2X245

25. 345x1 @230lbs

Its really pathetic.

6' 2"

There I edited height in mine

26. at 220lbs around 350 but have gone over 400 10 YEARS AGO

27. Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    345x1 @230lbs

Its really pathetic.
    yeah....you make me feel soooo much better!

ass

28. havent maxed in a while....but I think my most impressive was 365 @ about 195

but now at 220+ i rep 315 x7-10 on a good day and have inclined with 130s for reps

i guess my max is about 395-405 but I dont really see a point in trying to hit that anytime soon...i wanna be able to rep that sh1t

29. If this thread continues I say everyone should post their height to make us taller guys feel better. Haha!

30. I don't powerlift at all, but I can do 215x8 reps. Can I calculate a max from that? Probably not. I weigh 182 pounds at the moment.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    I don't powerlift at all, but I can do 215x8 reps. Can I calculate a max from that? Probably not. I weigh 182 pounds at the moment.
    Your quoted 1 rep max would be 267x1

32. Been several years since I've done flat bench. All I've been doing since is incline.
    incline: 225lbs x 12 reps @ 200lbs

Just weighed myself today, and I'm down to 191lbs. I can still lift 225 incline for reps (but I don't touch my chest anymore - afraid for shoulders at that weight).

Never attempted a max with inclines.

Best I ever did flat was 365lbs x 1 @ 210lbs

33. Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    Your quoted 1 rep max would be 267x1
    Thanks. I would have guessed about 260. How did you figure that out?

34. bb.com 1 rep max calculator

35. I last 1 rep maxed in March. I did 425 but I was on and at ~250lbs which I think sucks!

BTW I'm 6'2"

Do us older guys get any slack for age?

36. Height: 6'6

Bench: Sucky

Deadlift: Good

37. No the younger guys get slack because we havent been around that much. Your 15 years ahead, so you should be 15times the strength!

38. I got 315 almost twice@178

39. Height: 6-0 if you round off the 3/4 of an inch
    Weight: 255
    Bench: 405 x 3. I did 425 but I weighed 290 when I did that. I did this 6-8 months ago but I stick with dumbell presses since I get better workouts with that.

However, max bench is not the best indicator of a big & ripped chest. This dude hits 90 pound dumbells incline, 110 flat and his pecs make me jealous.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how much can you grow?
    By makingwaves in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-25-2015, 05:14 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  3. How much can you absorb in one meal?
    By SoCo4Fun in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 01:51 AM
  4. How much can you bench??:)