In-season lifting help

stros5

stros5

Awards
I just finished my spring baseball season and the summer season begins right away. I want to keep lifting but I don't ahve as much time to dedicat to the gym. I also do not want to lose any size or strengh while in season.

What training tips does anyone have for in-season lifting? and are there any supps I should take for extra help while lifting during season?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just finished my spring baseball season and the summer season begins right away. I want to keep lifting but I don't ahve as much time to dedicat to the gym. I also do not want to lose any size or strengh while in season.

What training tips does anyone have for in-season lifting? and are there any supps I should take for extra help while lifting during season?
Just scale your regular routine back, and stick to squats, cleans, pull-ups, and bench press (all between 70-80% of 1 RM- don't go higher)- these will help maintain, and you can get a good work out in with these exercises in about 30-45 minutes (give or take a few).

For football and track, off-season we go MUCH heavier than in- in-season lifting is more about maintaining strength over r-o-m, balance, and neural response.

As for supps- just stick with a good whey protein, drink plenty of water, multi, efa, and you should be all set!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It only takes 3 sessions @ 1 hour each to have a productive weight training routine. Chest/Back, Legs, Arms/Delts on MWF and keep volume at about 6-9 sets per muscle.

stros5

stros5

Awards
thanks for your help. district tournament will be done in a few days and then i'm going to start up again. i will check back if i have any more questions.
thanks again