In-season lifting help

1. In-season lifting help

I just finished my spring baseball season and the summer season begins right away. I want to keep lifting but I don't ahve as much time to dedicat to the gym. I also do not want to lose any size or strengh while in season.

What training tips does anyone have for in-season lifting? and are there any supps I should take for extra help while lifting during season?

2. Quote Originally Posted by stros5 View Post
    I just finished my spring baseball season and the summer season begins right away. I want to keep lifting but I don't ahve as much time to dedicat to the gym. I also do not want to lose any size or strengh while in season.

What training tips does anyone have for in-season lifting? and are there any supps I should take for extra help while lifting during season?
    Just scale your regular routine back, and stick to squats, cleans, pull-ups, and bench press (all between 70-80% of 1 RM- don't go higher)- these will help maintain, and you can get a good work out in with these exercises in about 30-45 minutes (give or take a few).

For football and track, off-season we go MUCH heavier than in- in-season lifting is more about maintaining strength over r-o-m, balance, and neural response.

As for supps- just stick with a good whey protein, drink plenty of water, multi, efa, and you should be all set!!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

3. It only takes 3 sessions @ 1 hour each to have a productive weight training routine. Chest/Back, Legs, Arms/Delts on MWF and keep volume at about 6-9 sets per muscle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

4. thanks for your help. district tournament will be done in a few days and then i'm going to start up again. i will check back if i have any more questions.
    thanks again

Similar Forum Threads

1. Feeling Very Strange eating in the mornings? HELP!
    By 2fresh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 11:50 PM
  2. Extremely Strange Tendon Problem in Right Arm - Help!
    By ace_himself in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 01:58 PM
  3. Fish in diet may help maintain heart rhythm
    By oswizzle in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 03:08 PM
  4. Pain in my shoulder ( help )
    By Stinger124 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 07:41 PM
  5. Getting back in the game help//