Westside training?

spoofy

Awards
has anyone else heard of this? A friend of mine uses this training methood and has great results. I was wondering if anyone else has checked it out

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of it, and Will probably give it a shot next winter when I do my first official really true to life bulk up cycle. I believe it's mostly aimed at powerlifters/increasing strength. When I get back to my computer, I'll see if I can dig up a few links on it if you'd like.

ManBeast

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have read extensively on it but have not used it fully yet. It is rather complicated. You must know your specific weaknesses well to get the most out of Westside barbell training.

I really like the idea of conjugated training and it has worked for me. Its a great way to incorporate new movements into your routine and prevent hitting a wall. Continually getting PR's is a great feeling.

I will say there is really no question the Westside approach works. The training style has well achieved cult status now and is very effective. Hence you can certainly try it with confidence. Its is very sound scientifically.

If you have questions, check out the powerlifting forum on bbing.com. Its is one of the best powerlifting forums out there IMO. Read articles by Dave Tate or check out the material on deepsquatter.com

spoofy

Awards
I ran across a few articles on testosterone.net about it. It seems pretty intresting. I think I am going to give it a shot. I have been using bodybuilding routines for a year now. It will be nice to change things up a bit. I will let you guys know how it goes.

shady

Awards
I ran across a few articles on testosterone.net about it. It seems pretty intresting. I think I am going to give it a shot. I have been using bodybuilding routines for a year now. It will be nice to change things up a bit. I will let you guys know how it goes.
how about a link on it man.

khafra

Awards
I'd be interested to hear, too.  A mysterious training cult... heh. I do like new stuff, though.

Inzah Dude

Awards
Its a training style that powerlifters use. You train 4 days a week. You have a ME Squat day, ME Bench day, DE Squat day, and DE Bench day. You train deadlift on squat day too. ME stands for maximum effort and DE stands for dynamic effort. I'm going to start a westside program that I'm working on making right now after I'm done using my current pling program.

Inzah Dude

Awards
If you got anymore questions about it you could PM me. I don't know a whole lot about it but I might be able to answer your questions. I'm just getting into westside training myself.

Big H

Banned
Awards
Its a training style that powerlifters use. You train 4 days a week. You have a ME Squat day, ME Bench day, DE Squat day, and DE Bench day. You train deadlift on squat day too. ME stands for maximum effort and DE stands for dynamic effort. I'm going to start a westside program that I'm working on making right now after I'm done using my current pling program.
Need any help, let me know.

Inzah Dude

Awards

Need any help, let me know.
Ok thanks. I started a thread on bb.com in the powerlifting section and I got a few questions at the end of the thread if you wanna go take a look. Thanks again.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Ok thanks. I started a thread on bb.com in the powerlifting section and I got a few questions at the end of the thread if you wanna go take a look. Thanks again.
No thanks, that would require us to visit bb.com ;)