- 05-01-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm compiling info on HIT in hopes to create a good workout routine and I'm reading up on a training method known as rest pause. From what I understand, it's a method that focuses on lifting your 90-95% 1 max weight for 5-6 set singles, taking quick breaths in between reps for 10-15 seconds.
I'm still finding it hard to visualize how this would be tho. If you're benching per say, would you press the weight once, then hold in mid air for 10-15 seconds, then press it again and just go till complete failure?
- 05-01-2007, 08:04 PM
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Never go by a percent of your 1RM, that will assume fiber-type ratios which you may not have. (I know they're always WAY off for me).
Choose a weight that you can do 1 and a half reps with. Perform 1 rep, take a 10-20second break, rinse and repeat. Make sure to use a spotter or safety restraints when necessary (i.e. bench press, squats, etc.)Athletic Xtreme Rep
Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
- 05-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Doesn't this lead to short muscles? As opposed to more elongated ones?
Similar Forum Threads
- By MyRevolution in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2008, 02:10 PM
- By manifesto in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 14Last Post: 07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
- By DKG in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
- By dingling in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
- By lvtrojan in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 9Last Post: 10-21-2003, 01:59 AM