34 lbs in 4 weeks? Is this possible?

ocyeoman

Awards
I wasn't sure exactly where to post this since it covers both exercise science and nutrition. This guy claims to have gained 34 lbs. of muscle in 4 weeks. Thoughts? Phony? Miracle?

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it is possible with proper diet and nutrition...but i usually only see 34 lbs in either 1) teens way under their potential that hit a growth spurt and eat alot and lift or 2) people way under their potential that run a good first mass cycle when their androgen receptors are firing hot and fresh.... and they pack it on with good diet and training. But as far as someone like me at 200 packing on 34 lbs of solid lean muscle? no. prolly the most I can hope for right now is 15-20 on Test/Tren/ Anadrol/Dbol type of combinations/stacks.

\_JIMBO_/

\_JIMBO_/

Awards
This is some major Bs. Is this supposed to be some sort of joke. I read this on Digg earlier. The body fat loss I could believe, but the 34lbs of additional mass.... a pound of fat is 3500 cals.. How many cals does it take for a body to add a pound of muscle tissue, jeezz. And he did it with "a ton of protein" oohhh yea and 4 of those 28 days he had a 50% cal deficient.. just stupid

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
I don't beleive the human body can produce more than a pound of muscle a day. Mountain Gorillas possibly? I think polar bears likely. Blue whales absolutely! Humans, uh no i don't think so.

ocyeoman

Awards
I was more curious whether it would be possible with the program he specified. I tried the Arthur Jones flavor of HIT he speaks of and got little else besides a gut for my troubles. Also, does anyone know if there is any validity to his periodic cutting of calories to increase protein sensitivity theory?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, without going to the site I would want to know how they measured the 34 pounds of solid muscle and how much additional fat in the total weight gained. My first response is bull****, through and through.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Impossible to gain that much muscle in that time period.

mattyh7688

mattyh7688

Awards
  • Established
newb gains, with the combo of steroids, change of diet and water retention

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's possible to gain that amount of weight, however with an AAS in use, it's going to be a lot of water...ie eat lots of salt and high GI carbs on a D-bol cycle and you'll swell up like a balloon.

So no, it's not muscle and I doubt he kept it all for very long if that was the case.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
After a competing in a bodybuilding contest last summer, I gained 22lbs over the weekend. Weighed in @ 154.25 on Friday. Weighed myself Monday morning @ 176lbs.

\_JIMBO_/

\_JIMBO_/

Awards
hhaha ohhh memories... I also gained a ridiculous amount of weight after my show.. Like 25 lbs in 4 days.... it wasen't pretty... But this guy, haha claims he used Hydrostatic Weighing.. The article is just total Bs

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Oh, and I forgot to mention, all of this was done with two 30-minute workouts per week, for a total of 8 HOURS of gym time:
Heres a nice little tidbit. Muscletech FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pending injections of quicksilver, he not only gained 34lbs, but the hard-to-attain 'magic powers' associated with quicksilver.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Muscletech is awesome!! i know it b/c they told me so...

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
Did anyone notice his head changed shape from the photo being stretched sideways?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I can gain 34 pounds in that time . . . but it won't be all muscle :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anything's possible when you've got Fizogen's "The Strap"!!!!!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could've done it in 3 weeks if he was using NitroTech!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With NO-Xplode, the Cell-Tech/Nitro-Tech stack, and the new Aplodan, he could've seen those gains pretty much overnight.